Windows 10: Audio Input refusing to accept input from a microphone, but it accepts the output sound as...

Discus and support Audio Input refusing to accept input from a microphone, but it accepts the output sound as... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was in a Discord call when suddenly, nothing would accept audio input from either of my 2 headsets or my webcam that has a microphone.This is the 2nd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MinePijin, May 19, 2022.

1. MinePijin Win User

Audio Input refusing to accept input from a microphone, but it accepts the output sound as...

I was in a Discord call when suddenly, nothing would accept audio input from either of my 2 headsets or my webcam that has a microphone.This is the 2nd time I have faced this issue and I assumed that my original headset was just broken.But now the same issue has happened to my new headset and I'm quite certain my headsets are not the issue.However, if I were to say, play a video on YouTube or play an mp3, it would pick that up as an input and would play that for everyone else in the call as if it were my voice. It also does this for mictests.com as well when I have tried to test my mic. I have

:)

MinePijin, May 19, 2022

2. Microphone records input and output

I am using a DAW to record microphone inputs on various tracks.

When I hit record, the microphone picks up the DAW's metronome (output) as well as the sound I intended to record. When I play back the track, the metronome has indeed been recorded, along with all the other sounds picked up by the microphone.

When I start another track the input records both the microphone and the playback audio, including all previously recorded tracks and the metronome.

Listen to device has been deselected. There is no environmental effects tab for the microphone. All other inputs and outputs have been disabled. I have customized and reset to defaults from both the Windows settings/sounds panels and the DAW. The inputs
    work, and the outputs work, I just want the input to ONLY record the microphone, not all other playback/output signals.

nigel666911314, May 19, 2022
  3. Shawn Brink, May 19, 2022
  4. Audio Input refusing to accept input from a microphone, but it accepts the output sound as...

No audio input or output devices found

After the last update of Windows 10, no audio devices are listed

Searching in the device manager: all audio devices say it works fine

The sound setting says: no output or input devices were found.

JohnPennington3, May 19, 2022
Thema:

Audio Input refusing to accept input from a microphone, but it accepts the output sound as...

1. Audio Input refusing to accept input from a microphone, but it accepts the output sound as... - Similar Threads - Audio Input refusing

2. Computer refusing to accept any input into the audio or mic jacks after a bluescreen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer refusing to accept any input into the audio or mic jacks after a bluescreen.: Was doing my thing and my phone hit around where my motherboard is so hard the entire computer bluescreened, since then my audio system has basically been nuked, and my only audio jack plugins in the back of my computer refuse to acknowledge my headset, or the fact it was...
  3. Microphone Input Changes Audio Output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Input Changes Audio Output: Whenever a program expects/is checking for a microphone input, and there is a microphone in connected to my PC, the audio output is filtered somewhat, I don't exactly know what type of filter, but it definitely isn't normal. Videos with phone audio attached[VIDEO 1: NORMAL...
  4. Microphone Input Changes Audio Output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Input Changes Audio Output: Whenever a program expects/is checking for a microphone input, and there is a microphone in connected to my PC, the audio output is filtered somewhat, I don't exactly know what type of filter, but it definitely isn't normal. Videos with phone audio attached[VIDEO 1: NORMAL...
  5. Line level audio not accepted as a "microphone" input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Line level audio not accepted as a "microphone" input: I have an application that wants live speech input from a microphone.My system setup includes a preamp that raises the output of a headset microphone to standard line level.The program is looking only for a "microphone" input, and can not see my line level as an input.How can...
  6. Line level audio not accepted as a "microphone" input

in Windows 10 Customization
    Line level audio not accepted as a "microphone" input: I have an application that wants live speech input from a microphone.My system setup includes a preamp that raises the output of a headset microphone to standard line level.The program is looking only for a "microphone" input, and can not see my line level as an input.How can...
  7. Line level audio not accepted as a "microphone" input

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Audio Input refusing to accept input from a microphone, but it accepts the output sound as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Input refusing to accept input from a microphone, but it accepts the output sound as...: I was in a Discord call when suddenly, nothing would accept audio input from either of my 2 headsets or my webcam that has a microphone.This is the 2nd time I have faced this issue and I assumed that my original headset was just broken.But now the same issue has happened to...
  9. Microphone input playing audio output

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone input playing audio output: Windows 10 Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Skullcandy Ink'd 2 Earbuds with microphone My earbud/mic combo is plugged into the only jack on my laptop, a 3.5 mm input/output jack. When I play audio on my computer, with any program, my microphone also plays the audio. I have no speakers...
  10. HP laptop not accepting audio input.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP laptop not accepting audio input.: For some reason my HP laptop doesn't allow any audio input, using the built-in mic doesn't work and if I connect headphones the mic doesn't work. I have tried reinstalling audio drivers and that did not fix the problem, I also have my mic enabled in the privacy settings so I...