Windows 10: Audio interface App for Window S mode

Discus and support Audio interface App for Window S mode in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi to all. I am looking for audio interface that's compatible with Windows S mode. Thank you.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by annJack1, Jul 31, 2020.

1. annJack1 Win User

Audio interface App for Window S mode

Hi to all.

I am looking for audio interface that's compatible with Windows S mode.

Thank you.

:)

annJack1, Jul 31, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Multichannel audio interface in/out routing

Hi Paulo,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• What is the make and model of your external audio interface?
    • Which routing application are you using?

The configurations of inputs and outputs on any audio interface is dependent on the hardware and its supporting software. Any audio interface with more than 2 inputs and 2 outputs, should ideally give the user an option to map the
    Input and Output Config, according to his interest.

I suggest you to go through the user manual provided by your audio interface's manufacturer to know how to set up the control surface.

If it doesn't explain how to configure, I suggest you to get in touch with the audio interface's manufacturer to know how to configure the same.

Hope it answers.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Stuck in S mode

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to switch from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Home/Pro Version. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Build of Windows 10 S installed on the PC? (Type winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the complete error message you are getting?
    • Are you using a school/university account to sign in to the Microsoft store
    • Are you connected to a domain/organization network?
    • Are you connected to the Internet?

Windows 10 in S mode is designed for security and performance, exclusively running apps from the Microsoft Store. If you want to install an app that isn't available in the Microsoft Store, you'll need to switch out of S mode. Switching
    out of S mode is one-way. If you make the switch, you won't be able to go back to Windows 10 in S mode. There's no charge to switch out of S mode. Please refer the below article:

Switching out of S mode in Windows 10

Windows 10 in S mode FAQ

Meanwhile you can perform these steps and check.

Step 1: Windows Updates

1. Press Windows + I key to launch
      Settings
    2. Now click on Updates & Security.
    3. Select Windows Updates from the left pane.
    4. Click on Check for Updates. Make sure that the PC is up to date with the recent Windows Updates

Step 2:
    Reset Microsoft Store

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open
      Run
      . Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run
    2. In Run dialog box, type ‘wsreset’ and hit enter.
    Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 3:
    Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter

Select the Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 4:
    Login to Microsoft Store

Sign out, and sign in again to the Microsoft Store and check if you are able to Switch out of S mode.

1. Open Microsoft Store, click on the
      Profile icon
      and select Sign out.
    2. Now, click on the Profile icon again and select
      Sign in.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions and sign in with the account.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Audio interface App for Window S mode

updating while on s mode

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to install the game on the PC as it requires the latest version and build of Windows 10.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed? (Type winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • Which game are you trying to install on the PC?
    • Does it happen with any other apps/games?

Some games and apps requires latest version of Windows 10. In this scenario, we would try few steps and check.

Step 1:
    Run the Windows Updates Troubleshooter:

Select the Start Menu button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows updates > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Reset Windows Update Components

We would suggest you to refer the steps as mention in this article:
    How do I reset Windows Update components?

Step 3:
    Reset the Windows Store Cache

Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the
    Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Windows 10 in S mode is designed for security and performance, exclusively running apps from the Microsoft Store. If you want to install an app that isn't available in the Microsoft Store, you'll need to switch out of S mode. Switching
    out of S mode is one-way. If you make the switch, you won't be able to go back to Windows 10 in S mode. There's no charge to switch out of S mode. Please refer the below article:

Switching out of S mode in Windows 10

Windows 10 in S mode FAQ

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Audio interface App for Window S mode

1. Audio interface App for Window S mode - Similar Threads - Audio interface App

2. Missing App & Features, and S Mode is not on!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing App & Features, and S Mode is not on!: So, I have have been trying to move some programs to an external SSD and I am missing my App Feature. I have reset the Apps section, I have made sure that the computer is not in S Mode. Just kinda lost now....
  3. Missing App & Features, and S Mode is not on!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing App & Features, and S Mode is not on!: So, I have have been trying to move some programs to an external SSD and I am missing my App Feature. I have reset the Apps section, I have made sure that the computer is not in S Mode. Just kinda lost now....
  4. Audio interface issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio interface issues: Hey how’s it going ,So I’m running an acer all in one With windows 8.1 I connect my art pro 2channel audio interface Installed the drivers all good and everything Opened my daw And. Noticed it wasn’t picking up any sound from my condenser mic neither was my mixer Now just...
  5. Audio interface issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio interface issues: Hey how’s it going ,So I’m running an acer all in one With windows 8.1 I connect my art pro 2channel audio interface Installed the drivers all good and everything Opened my daw And. Noticed it wasn’t picking up any sound from my condenser mic neither was my mixer Now just...
  6. problems with audio interface

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    problems with audio interface: hi, I have a problem with my audio interface (Behringer u-phoria UMC22), I can only listen to audio, but my mic doesn't work (or the other way around in some occasions). I have tried; - plugging it in another USB port, - removing and reinstalling drivers/ USB controllers,...
  7. Audio interface and audio apps set up help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio interface and audio apps set up help: Hello, I work in audio post production and I've just moved from Mac to Windows. I'm having an issue with audio apps and my sound card when their respective sample rates differ. For example, lets say my sound card is set to 48kHz sampling rate. When I open a stand alone...
  8. Windows S mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows S mode: I switched out of S mode and after my laptop update it switched back. How? Now I cant get it so switch back out. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-s-mode/c08fd167-f805-4e04-a05d-b487c853c44d
  9. Audio interface problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio interface problems: I just got a apogee one audio interface, and when I start recording in Streamlabs after a while the microphone (shure sm58) stops outputting audio. But the wierd part is that Apogee’s software still shows mic activity. This happens on all applications. submitted by...
  10. Windows audio/ interface issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows audio/ interface issue: I use my pc as a DAW Studio. I have a Universal Audio Apollo Twin USB audio interface. It works very well with all things audio on my pc - until Friday. I installed Sonarworks room calibration software to finish flattening my room acoustics out. This explanation is lengthy...