Windows 10: Audio is a lot quieter than usual

Discus and support Audio is a lot quieter than usual in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I normally use some wired earbuds using the headphone jack on the front of my computer, and they work well.I haven't used my computer for almost a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nelson Alex, May 22, 2022.

1. Audio is a lot quieter than usual

I normally use some wired earbuds using the headphone jack on the front of my computer, and they work well.I haven't used my computer for almost a month, but when I got back to it, the same wired headphones suddenly were a lot quieter. Before they sounded loud at about a volume of 30, but now I'd need to go up to 70 or 80 to even hear them. I haven't changed any settings at all, so I'm not sure why or how this happened.I looked up some solutions such as turning on loudness equalization, but that didn't help much.Does anyone know how to fix this random problem?

:)

Nelson Alex, May 22, 2022
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, May 22, 2022
  3. T.R. Win User
    Corsair H105 - will changing the fans make it quieter?

Yes, but my suggestion does not mean that they are quieter than that.

EK Water Blocks EK-Furious Vardar FF5-120
    • Dimensions: 120 mm × 120 mm × 25 mm
    • Rotational speed: 3000 rpm
    • Airflow: 181 m³/h
    • Static pressure: 5.81 mm H2O
    • Noise level: 42 dB(A)

4. spapakons Win User

Audio is a lot quieter than usual

Audio louder than usual until volume is changed

The driver should be listed in Programs and features as Realtek HD audio driver or similar. In worst case, just try to install the new driver on top. It will detect present driver and suggest to uninstall it, select yes and proceed.

spapakons, May 22, 2022
Thema:

Audio is a lot quieter than usual

1. Audio is a lot quieter than usual - Similar Threads - Audio lot quieter

2. Audio is a lot quieter than usual

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio is a lot quieter than usual: I normally use some wired earbuds using the headphone jack on the front of my computer, and they work well.I haven't used my computer for almost a month, but when I got back to it, the same wired headphones suddenly were a lot quieter. Before they sounded loud at about a...
  3. Audio is a lot quieter than usual

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio is a lot quieter than usual: I normally use some wired earbuds using the headphone jack on the front of my computer, and they work well.I haven't used my computer for almost a month, but when I got back to it, the same wired headphones suddenly were a lot quieter. Before they sounded loud at about a...
  4. Windows Defender consumes lot of memory than usual - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender consumes lot of memory than usual - Windows 10: I have 16GB of RAM and the service used to take only ~150MB usually without anything configured - stock settings. Now it goes upto 300MB on idle and increases over-time. This is after the recent updates from the start of this year / past month.- Completely re-installed...
  5. Windows Defender consumes lot of memory than usual - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender consumes lot of memory than usual - Windows 10: I have 16GB of RAM and the service used to take only ~150MB usually without anything configured - stock settings. Now it goes upto 300MB on idle and increases over-time. This is after the recent updates from the start of this year / past month.- Completely re-installed...
  6. Windows Defender consumes lot of memory than usual - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Why is my laptop using a lot ram than usual

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is my laptop using a lot ram than usual: This is my Task Manager.Each app uses more ram than usual.I don't use any app but why in task manager it uses a lot of ram.I don't know how to fix it pls help me!...
  8. Why is Defender scanning a whole lot more files than usual?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why is Defender scanning a whole lot more files than usual?: I have a quick scan going on right now. It's been about twenty minutes and it's still scanning and it's almost at five million files right now. What's happening? Is this a normal quick scan? Or is it actually doing a full scan instead? 2004. - - - Updated - - - I just feel...
  9. HP Desktop is a lot slower than usual...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HP Desktop is a lot slower than usual...: My HP Desktop has been a lot slower than it usually is. I don't know if it has to do with the latest update or patches or what it is. But when I first wake it up and enter my password to unlock it, it's slow clicking on the lock screen to enter the PIN code. Once I am in, the...
  10. Audio louder than usual until volume is changed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio louder than usual until volume is changed: Hello, tonight I upgraded to Windows 10 and began encountering a very strange problem with my audio. What happens is when an audio source starts playing sound, the the sound is louder than it should be - the actual volume in Windows does not change, the sound is just louder....