Windows 10: Audio is Broken / cant update windows

Discus and support Audio is Broken / cant update windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, About a week ago my computer froze and I force shutdown with the power button. When it restarted, the audio service was not running, and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kaayylo, May 5, 2019.

1. Kaayylo Win User

Audio is Broken / cant update windows

Hello,

About a week ago my computer froze and I force shutdown with the power button. When it restarted, the audio service was not running, and it says no audio devices are installed. When I try to start it in services.msc it says access is denied with code 0x80070005. Troubleshooting cant solve the problem, and we have googled many solutions that don't work. There are a few other problems that came along with it, like Windows can't update, and some icons in the start menu don't load (see picture). I think everything is somehow linked to windows not being able to update, but I'm not sure. The thing I am most concerned with is the audio no running. In settings it says the last successful check for updates was 4/23, and this started 4/26.

Any suggestions on what might be wrong? Someone told us it could be the start of the motherboard failing, but we haven't gotten common motherboard issues yet (like many blue screens). Thanks!

Audio is Broken / cant update windows 9cf0c4c1-53b3-4940-8612-e1b433a493a5?upload=true.png Audio is Broken / cant update windows 85262d63-0467-40bf-8a7f-a13c88c4d16d?upload=true.png Audio is Broken / cant update windows 824117a5-6fa3-4c19-849c-fdf6ef2b27e6?upload=true.png

:)

Kaayylo, May 5, 2019

2. Realtek audio broken with update, Also microsoft chat is broken

My audio is ruined with this last update, i've done every step and recommended action listed by microsoft and every suggestion on the first 20 pages of google search. Realtek is no longer showing up anywhere, like microsoft disabled it, microsoft chat is
    also broken, requesting to speak with a human brings you to a couple options, all of which are broken and clicking on "chat" closes the window and nothing happens, this is absolutely disgusting, i've spent the last 4 hours trying to get my tablet, my audio,
    and microsoft support to work.

way to treat your customers....................

[Moved from:Windows/Windows 10/Windows update, recovery, & backup]

StewartMckinna, May 5, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 5, 2019
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, May 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Audio is Broken / cant update windows - Similar Threads - Audio Broken cant

2. Audio's broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio's broken: Hello everyone, i have a trouble with my audio today. You see i download the High definiton audio device in the Realtek website but when i use it, it doesn't appear in the Sounds,Video and games controller but it keep appearing in the "Other Devices" with the name of Intel...
  3. Audio's broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio's broken: Hello everyone, i have a trouble with my audio today. You see i download the High definiton audio device in the Realtek website but when i use it, it doesn't appear in the Sounds,Video and games controller but it keep appearing in the "Other Devices" with the name of Intel...
  4. Spatial audio broken after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spatial audio broken after windows 11 update: Yesterday I've updated to win11 and with that all my audio worked as before until I decided to play some apex legends today, as a fps game it helps to hear what's going on around player and it sometime was an issue on win 10 where in realtek if there was virtuall surround...
  5. Spatial audio broken after windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spatial audio broken after windows 11 update: Yesterday I've updated to win11 and with that all my audio worked as before until I decided to play some apex legends today, as a fps game it helps to hear what's going on around player and it sometime was an issue on win 10 where in realtek if there was virtuall surround...
  6. Windows Update has Broken my Audio Jack

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update has Broken my Audio Jack: So for completely unrelated issue I sat through and updated my laptop with as many windows updates as I could, including the optional ones, just to see if they'd help. It did fix my inital issue but yesterday my audio jack stopped working, it wasn't able to detect my...
  7. Broken Audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken Audio: It only happens in one game Team Fortress 2, my audio gets really choppy about every 5 or so minutes. It fixes when I head into the settings and switch my audio type from headphones to 2 speakers and back to headphones. It doesn't matter what kind of headphones I use. TF2 is...
  8. Broken audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Broken audio: I turned on spatial sound and turned it back off as no sound was coming through. Now when its off there is no sound coming through my headphones at all. Ive tried restarting unplugging and replugging back in....
  9. Broken audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Broken audio: When I updated my computer to the latest windows 10 version (1903) it broke my audio. I cant connect my headphones to my pc and the only sound I get is the sound from my second monitor which is a TV. I have tried updating all my drivers, uninstalling them, disabling them,...
  10. Audio drivers broken after Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio drivers broken after Windows update: Hello, after I updated my laptop to the newest windows version (1803) my audio stopped working. It jus says that there are no audio devices connected and because I have a laptop I can't "unplug and plug back in" the devices. In device manager there is a "another devices" tab...