Windows 10: Audio is Coming Out of the Wrong Audio Jack

Discus and support Audio is Coming Out of the Wrong Audio Jack in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] For context, I built my pc back in 2018 and when I initially installed Windows 10, the mic did not work and I could not find a solution to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/audiobroke, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Audio is Coming Out of the Wrong Audio Jack

Audio is Coming Out of the Wrong Audio Jack vVrXq7wraU_5Y4f1fze4idmtUgzhkd03lOb4gG92fNk.jpg

For context, I built my pc back in 2018 and when I initially installed Windows 10, the mic did not work and I could not find a solution to fix it. The sound settings would always say that there are no input devices found and I just stopped bothering with it.

Recently, I have been needing to use the microphone for work and I have been trying to look for a solution but nothing has worked. I updated my audio driver to see if that would help fix the problem but the audio driver switched where the output is coming from. Instead of the front panel jack where the audio came from before, the audio has been switch to an audio jack on the back panel. I can't use the back panel because my earphones are too short and I can't find a way to fix it back to its original state. Does anyone know how to fix this?

My motherboard is an MSI AMD X370 Gaming Pro Carbon

https://preview.redd.it/4hcmd7h82st...bp&s=82d7894db933098187f3205d395121bf008d2dd8

submitted by /u/audiobroke
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/audiobroke, Oct 18, 2020
  2. Calvin D Win User

Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working

The audio jacks stopped working and it is not a hardware problem.

1. Multiple headsets do not get audio output from both of the audio jacks on the computer and the headsets are confirmed to be working, so it's the computer's problem.
    2. The audio output through a DisplayPort monitor's audio jack and monitors' speakers still work, so the computer can still produce audio. The monitor's audio jack is not an option.
    3. Both audio jacks stopped working at the same time despite only one being in use, so it's not hardware.
    What is the problem and what is the solution?

Calvin D, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working

GAUTAM GOHIL

gautamgohil, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Allan Mej Win User

Audio is Coming Out of the Wrong Audio Jack

audio jack problems

Hi,

Windows allows disabling of a certain port if you want to or if you need to. To disable a headphone or speaker audio jack, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Playback devices.
    • Right-click on the playback device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

To disable a microphone jack:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Recording devices.
    • Right-click on the recording device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

Also, we recommend taking your PC to a technician for the removal of the audio jack that is stuck so that, you'll be able to use the port again.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Audio is Coming Out of the Wrong Audio Jack

1. Audio is Coming Out of the Wrong Audio Jack - Similar Threads - Audio Coming Wrong

2. No audio coming out of speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio coming out of speakers: I've been having this problem for 2 days now, I've tried every playback device and checked the control panel sound tab, it shows that audio should be playing through but nothing is coming out, for some reason the speakers output sound when plugged into the side headphone jack...
  3. No audio coming out of speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No audio coming out of speakers: I've been having this problem for 2 days now, I've tried every playback device and checked the control panel sound tab, it shows that audio should be playing through but nothing is coming out, for some reason the speakers output sound when plugged into the side headphone jack...
  4. No audio coming out of speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio in the built in speaker no audio coming out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio in the built in speaker no audio coming out: Hi there,My sound has stopped working on my computer. I have Windows 10. I've had this problem before but after rebooting it usually comes back. I've tried doing that several times and it's not working. It's been two days now. I installed Driver Easy per info when looking for...
  6. Audio in the built in speaker no audio coming out

Audio in the built in speaker no audio coming out: Hi there,My sound has stopped working on my computer. I have Windows 10. I've had this problem before but after rebooting it usually comes back. I've tried doing that several times and it's not working. It's been two days now. I installed Driver Easy per info when looking for...
  7. Audio in the built in speaker no audio coming out

8. audio jack

audio jack: Hello, I bought a mic to use for a project I'm doing, but my Laptop Dell inspiron i5-5th doesn't recognize it. The mic description did say i could get an audio splitter ,which i did but it still doesnt recognize it. This isnt my first mic, so i'm quite sure it's not the...
  9. No Simultaneous Sound out of Audio Jacks

No Simultaneous Sound out of Audio Jacks: How can I get simultaneous audio out of both the USBC and 3.5mm jacks in my Samsung Tab Pro S? The sound leaves the 3.5mm side as soon as I plug in the USBC. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  10. no audio out of headphone jack

no audio out of headphone jack: Speakers work fine.Insert 1/8 plug into headphone jack and no sound output.My drum software says device disabled wont start.What are the proper settings when realtek audio are the only avail choice?...