Windows 10: audio is incredibly quiet after entering and leaving sleep mode.

Discus and support audio is incredibly quiet after entering and leaving sleep mode. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; not much else to say, incredibly weird. I've tried all the usual steps. volume is at maximum now and it only sounds as loud as maybe 10 percent.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Riley Geoghegan, May 15, 2024.

1. audio is incredibly quiet after entering and leaving sleep mode.

not much else to say, incredibly weird. I've tried all the usual steps. volume is at maximum now and it only sounds as loud as maybe 10 percent. already tried- installing previous drivers-reinstalling driversplugging in different headsetsrestarting PCusing software that boost audio beyond normal levels this partially works, makes louder but the audio is no where near as crisp as it used to beonly thing I haven't tried that I can think of is a full windows reinstall.OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19045 Build 19045 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft

:)

Riley Geoghegan, May 15, 2024

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, May 15, 2024
  3. PC on Windows 10 doesn't enter sleep mode

I have a PC running Windows 10 that refuses to enter sleep mode. When I choose the manual "sleep" option, the computer teases me and acts like it's going to sleep (the fan stops humming for a split second), but then it wakes up immediately and prompts
    me to login to Windows again. And the computer never enters sleep mode on its own, no matter how long I leave it idle or what sleep settings I try. I've tried every suggestion I can find online without success. Please help so I can rid myself of this constant
    humming - it's torture for a family quarantined in their house all day.

ClarkBarlow, May 15, 2024
  4. Eric Ber Win User

audio is incredibly quiet after entering and leaving sleep mode.

Sleep mode

Hi,

Incorrect power settings is one of the possible reasons why your computer shuts down after it enters the sleep mode. We suggest that you try running the Power troubleshooter to troubleshoot the issue. You can follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key+ X key on the keyboard and select
      Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.
    • Click on View all on the left navigation pane. Click on
      Power
    • Click on Advanced on the power troubleshooter dialog box and click on
      Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the
      Power troubleshooter

If the issue persists, kindly try to follow these steps to reset the power settings:

• Press Windows key + X from your keyboard.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin)
      from the context menu.
    • In the command prompt, type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes and press
      Enter.
    • Exit command prompt.

Note: This would reset the power plan settings to default. Any customized power plans are would be removed. I suggest you to check whether you are getting the sleep option after resetting the power settings.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, May 15, 2024
Thema:

audio is incredibly quiet after entering and leaving sleep mode.

1. audio is incredibly quiet after entering and leaving sleep mode. - Similar Threads - audio incredibly quiet

2. audio is incredibly quiet after entering and leaving sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio is incredibly quiet after entering and leaving sleep mode.: not much else to say, incredibly weird. I've tried all the usual steps. volume is at maximum now and it only sounds as loud as maybe 10 percent. already tried- installing previous drivers-reinstalling driversplugging in different headsetsrestarting PCusing software that boost...
  3. audio is incredibly quiet after entering and leaving sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio is incredibly quiet after entering and leaving sleep mode.: not much else to say, incredibly weird. I've tried all the usual steps. volume is at maximum now and it only sounds as loud as maybe 10 percent. already tried- installing previous drivers-reinstalling driversplugging in different headsetsrestarting PCusing software that boost...
  4. Entering a password after sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Entering a password after sleep mode.: Hello. I disabled the password entry function after sleep. Now, after waking up from sleep mode, I get straight to the desktop. Tell me, in this case, should the lock screen disappear after sleep?...
  5. Entering a password after sleep mode.

Entering a password after sleep mode.: Hello. I disabled the password entry function after sleep. Now, after waking up from sleep mode, I get straight to the desktop. Tell me, in this case, should the lock screen disappear after sleep?...
  6. PC bug after entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC bug after entering sleep mode: My PC has some sort of bug after entering sleep mode. It immediately turns on, fans start to spin, but the screen is black. It does not respond on keyboard or mouse click. I even can not restart or turn it off by pressing IO, so I have to unplug it and start it again.It shows...
  7. PC bug after entering sleep mode

PC bug after entering sleep mode: My PC has some sort of bug after entering sleep mode. It immediately turns on, fans start to spin, but the screen is black. It does not respond on keyboard or mouse click. I even can not restart or turn it off by pressing IO, so I have to unplug it and start it again.It shows...
  8. PC will not leave sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC will not leave sleep mode: I have a Dell Inspiron with latest WIN 10 and last update of 1903. I have a Dell Monitor 2414. When I shut down at night, I cannot get it back on without repeated power off of PC and monitor. After an hour it comes on and shows a very brief error 'communication' then...
  9. Laptop Restarts After Entering Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop Restarts After Entering Sleep Mode: Hi I've seen a lot similar scenarios to this and they're all seem to be different. Here I have a HP spectre x360 15t 2019 running Windows 10. I've had the laptop for two days and I realise that about 20 seconds after I close the lid or hit the power button in order to put the...
  10. RealTeck HD Audio now sounds incredibly quiet after November's Windows Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RealTeck HD Audio now sounds incredibly quiet after November's Windows Update: The RealTek HD Audio sounds incredibly quiet after the Windows November update since a few days since it came out. I've uninstalled drivers and re-installed Asus's stock driver for it, and I've even gone into the HD Audio Manager to make sure Loudness Equalization was in....