Windows 10: Audio is muffled and the volume is much lower after windows driver update

Discus and support Audio is muffled and the volume is much lower after windows driver update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there. I have an Asus X550VX which had a Windows driver update for my realtek audio driver, update named "Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - MEDIA -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PaulAndrei2, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Audio is muffled and the volume is much lower after windows driver update

Hi there. I have an Asus X550VX which had a Windows driver update for my realtek audio driver, update named "Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - MEDIA - 8/14/2018 12:00:00 AM - 6.0.1.8514". After this update, my audio is much lower on max volume compared to what it was before this update and the audio is a bit muffled. I have a link with the weird things hapenning with the audio mixer: https://streamable.com/k2gyy .( Note that when the green bars swap, i unplug and plug the headphones / the browser is on 100% volume and the song too). Those green bars are on the same level, identical in movement when i uninstall the driver, but i need the enhancements from the realtek driver. I tried uninstalling the update, uninstalling current driver, cleaning old driver files, installing older driver, without any succes of repairing this weird glitch with the driver.

This is the second time an update like this destroyed my audio driver. I had to reinstall the Windows to fix it, which i cannot do now. Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

:)

PaulAndrei2, Oct 5, 2018

2. IDT High Definition Audio Codec MUFFLED SOUND with speakers/headphones, Windows 10

Method 1 results:

Repair suggested was increase the audio device volume because the audio device volume might be too low to hear, which is not the problem.

Method 2:

I do not think IDT provides drivers and was unable to find any on their website.

Is the sound muffled because the 2011 drivers are no longer compatible with Windows 10?

What about when there is no sound through speakers/headphones with the generic audio driver?

Thank you for your help and patience,

Philippe

Philippe229, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Audio on Bluetooth Headphones is Muffled after recent Windows Update.

So a couple of days ago Windows 10 installed an update on my computer (ASUS TP500LA) and now the audio comes through very muffled on my Bluetooth headphones. This has upset me very much because I have tried the following: updating the drivers, unchecking
    the Audio Enhancements box, and I have also turned off Handsfree Telephony in the Control Panel. Can someone suggest something that I am possibly not doing?

Thanks.

CaliBruin22, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Audio is muffled and the volume is much lower after windows driver update

Audio Volume constantly lowering - Windows 10

As stated in the title, the volume on my Dell Inspiron laptop is in a constant state of lowering. I run on windows 10, my audio drivers are up to date,

and my function keys are disabled. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, and changing over to windows' default audio drivers with no luck. I'm able to increase the volume, but it lowers back down to zero as soon as I let go of the volume
    button.

Besides the obvious irritation of not being able to get audio out of my laptop, I also have the volume slider stuck in the top left of my screen. It never goes away. I primarily use my laptop for video editing, so you can imagine it's frustrating to have
    no audio, and have a portion of the screen permanently obscured. I've been searching for a week and have yet to find a working solution to my problem. I'm beginning to suspect a hardware issue, but i'm hoping someone out there knows what's going on so that
    I don't have to get it repaired.

Thank you in advance for any help answering my question!

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers / PC

jgmarciniak95, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Audio is muffled and the volume is much lower after windows driver update

1. Audio is muffled and the volume is much lower after windows driver update - Similar Threads - Audio muffled volume

2. Audio issue - unable to lower the volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio issue - unable to lower the volume: Hi - the audio unable to lower the sound. No matter I swipe it to lower bar and keyboard. is it about window update? The issue happens after update to window 11....
  3. Audio issue - unable to lower the volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio issue - unable to lower the volume: Hi - the audio unable to lower the sound. No matter I swipe it to lower bar and keyboard. is it about window update? The issue happens after update to window 11....
  4. Low volume after updating realtek audio drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Low volume after updating realtek audio drivers: I updated realtek audio driver on my Laptop, Razer Blade 2018 Advance Max-Q. Before update the name I could see was realtek high definition audio but now it shows Realtek R Audio codec with DolbyAPO. My audio has gotten really low, have already tried all the...
  5. my laptop volume will get lower and lower after windows update.

my laptop volume will get lower and lower after windows update.: I updated windows 10 and now the sound on my laptop will get quieter and quieter untell you can now here it anymore. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-volume-will-get-lower-and-lower-after/2b8f49e5-376e-4b1f-8f4c-25f70d609519
  6. After 2004 update all audio has reduced volume and sounds muffled.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After 2004 update all audio has reduced volume and sounds muffled.: Hello, I hope this is the right place to post this. I updated from 1909 to 2004 and after everything had finished I noticed my audio was broken. All audio has reduced volume and sounds muffled. I checked all sound-related settings but they all were the same as in 1909. And...
  7. Update: Lower My Volume?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update: Lower My Volume?: Hi! I recently updated my windows 10 and when i was watching my VLC media player the volume decreased quite a lot, when it was still on full volume... it sounds so strange now...? i was wondering if anyone had any advice how to fix it or if its happened to them? I’m...
  8. After update, audio is muffled/distorted/not working properly

After update, audio is muffled/distorted/not working properly: Title. My PC decided to install today’s big update, and afterward my audio has been sounding muffled and distorted. I have a Sound Blaster Audigy Fx sound card and Astro A10s. I updated the drivers and restarted a couple times. Initially, all audio had reduced volume and...
  9. Compressed / muffled audio after update

Compressed / muffled audio after update: After updating to 1909 last night, I've been having problems with audio through my wired headphones. When playing media (YouTube, music, etc.) or most system sounds (caps lock beep, device ejected, etc.), the sound is extremely muffled and compressed, but if I test it in the...
  10. Audio is muffled and the volume is much lower after windows driver update

Audio is muffled and the volume is much lower after windows driver update: Hi there. I have an Asus X550VX which had a Windows driver update for my realtek audio driver, update named "Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - MEDIA - 8/14/2018 12:00:00 AM - 6.0.1.8514". After this update, my audio is much lower on max volume compared to what it was before this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 headphones muffled