Windows 10: Audio is not playing through hdmi connected tv

Discus and support Audio is not playing through hdmi connected tv in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have my laptop HP 15-f039wm Notebook PC and have it hooked up to my Panasonic tv. The display is there yet the sound only plays through the laptop. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cutyourthroat86, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Audio is not playing through hdmi connected tv

I have my laptop HP 15-f039wm Notebook PC and have it hooked up to my Panasonic tv. The display is there yet the sound only plays through the laptop. I have gone into playback devices yet no hdmi output is listed even when showing hidden and disabled. I went through troubleshooting here and ended up in support chat which was the same have you done this, this, and this (yes I have) only to be told the chat is only for people who are having problems installing and upgrading to windows 10 (wow what support). Excuse me this laptop was a 7 before it became a 10. I contacted Intel which led me to HP, then HP leading me back here AGAIN. I feel ping-ponged by you guys and it seems like you guys just don't want to give support to your customers. How long has windows 10 been out? How long does it take to find a solution to numerous peoples problem?

If anyone has figured out a solution other than the problem being the cord, intel graphics driver (they didn't make a graphics driver because windows said they would for Win10, found that out while talking to Intel support they only go up to 8.1), or any other obvious solutions please let me know!

:)

cutyourthroat86, Sep 17, 2018

2. No audio from TV connected to computer via HDMI cable

Hi Jim,

For us to further assist your with the audio issue on your TV when connected to the computer, please provide the following information below:

• Have you tried to update your audio and video drivers on the computer?
    • Have you checked your TV settings if your HDMI settings are set up according to which port the HDMI cable is connected? For example: HDMI 1 or HDMI 2.
    • Is the HDMI cable working if you use it on a different device?

Keep us posted.

Loraine Mon, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Updated to Version 1803, HDMI audio on TV

Okay, just tried this, Display Audio or anything mentioning the TV isn't on the list:

Audio is not playing through hdmi connected tv [​IMG]

And the troubleshooter only had options for the same two devices in the tray before:

Audio is not playing through hdmi connected tv [​IMG]

CrashGordon94, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Audio is not playing through hdmi connected tv

HDMI audio output to Sony TV

Hi,

One possible reason why your HDMI audio output was not working due to outdated drivers. To isolate your issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried to connect your computer to your TV?
    • Have you tried updating your HDMI audio driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

Audio is not playing through hdmi connected tv

1. Audio is not playing through hdmi connected tv - Similar Threads - Audio playing through

2. No sound through HDMI to TV

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound through HDMI to TV: Hi I have windows 10 21H1 and after a update about 2 weeks ago I have no sound through my HDMI to TV,tried everything I can think of and read,need someone who knows what they are on about to help please,Acer laptop to sharp tv, uninstalled the INTEL R DISPLAY AUDIO etc not...
  3. HDMI output disappeared on laptop - TV no longer plays audio when connected with HDMI cable.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI output disappeared on laptop - TV no longer plays audio when connected with HDMI cable.: I connected my laptop to the TV last night via HDMI to watch some shows when I noticed it wasn't playing audio like it usually does. Visual was fine, but audio was only coming from my laptop. Went through various settings and tried everything from games to mp3s, but it's like...
  4. Issue: Audio not passing through to HDMI on to TV

Issue: Audio not passing through to HDMI on to TV: Hi, So, I am new this here and I am not entirely sure if this is the correct place to put this. I encountered this issue about 4 months ago and just haven't bothered to try seeking further help after trying to resolve the issue myself and then searching through 100's of...
  5. Audio through HDMI to TV stops working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio through HDMI to TV stops working.: I'm having trouble with my audio going from my computer to my TV through the HDMI cable following the latest update. When I restart the computer it works fine for a time, but after it sleeps and wakes up the audio starts going back through the computer speakers and the audio...
  6. No sound to tv through hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound to tv through hdmi cable: I have a tv hooked up to my laptop through an HDMI cable. The display comes across beautifully, but there is no sound. I've found my tv, but it gives me no options. When I went into the settings and got to the playback devices, it says the HDMI isn't plugged in. I'm forced...
  7. Audio via HDMI to TV

Audio via HDMI to TV: My friend could switch off his LG TV and still listen tomusic from a video playing on his Acer Aspire E15 via HDMI on the TV before he updatedWindows 10 to Windows 10 Anniversary Update now he is unable to hear the musicfrom the video on the Acer Aspire E15 laptop on the TV...
  8. TV through HDMI is not working :(

TV through HDMI is not working :(: Hi, I just installed the clean 9841 from official site (dual boot Win 8) (don't know where you get 9860 though). My issue is that MY TV out though HDMI is not working, I saw while searching on that some people have issue with mous on TV so it mean it should be working...
  9. PC to TV HDMI Connection-No Audio/Visuals

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC to TV HDMI Connection-No Audio/Visuals: I know this type of question has been placed numerous times but I am facing something weird for which I dont have any clues. I have purchased a brand new PC and I am facing HDMI connection problem in that. My PC is not detecting my Samsung LCD TV, although the same is working...
  10. Laptop not recognizing TV through HDMI connection

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop not recognizing TV through HDMI connection: Hello everyone! First I do apologize if this is not the correct section for this thread. I've had issues connecting my laptop to TV for the past day. Connection is done through an HDMI cable. Connection was good up until it randomly turned off itself while playing a...