Windows 10: Audio is not playing through my headset, how can I fix it?

Discus and support Audio is not playing through my headset, how can I fix it? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently built a brand new PC. While I am installing drivers, transferring data, etc., my headset refuses to output any audio. My headset is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by derpressiony2, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Audio is not playing through my headset, how can I fix it?

I recently built a brand new PC. While I am installing drivers, transferring data, etc., my headset refuses to output any audio.

My headset is a Corsair VOID Pro RGB headset. It plugs in via USB, so I tried using the USB 2.0 port on my PC. Still doesn't work. According to many forums, I should set my headset as the Default Device. Tried it, still no audio. What do I do?

:)

derpressiony2, Aug 19, 2019

2. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Aug 19, 2019
  3. Audio Flipping sides problem

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, provide us more information.

• Is the issue is specific to only export stream videos?

• Try playing other videos/audio and let us know the status?
    I appreciate the steps you have performed. Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Follow the below steps provided.

Step 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on
      Next
      button.

• Click on Advanced on the Audio troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Audio troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to set the headset as default and check.

• Right click on the on the sound icon on the Windows taskbar.

• Click on Sounds and click on Playback
      tab.

• Click on the headset and set it as default by clicking on the
      Set default button.

• Now click Apply and OK.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 19, 2019
  4. cadaveca Win User

Audio is not playing through my headset, how can I fix it?

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Audio is not playing through my headset, how can I fix it? :p

cadaveca, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Audio is not playing through my headset, how can I fix it?

1. Audio is not playing through my headset, how can I fix it? - Similar Threads - Audio playing through

2. I can't hear audio through my headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't hear audio through my headset: info: My headset is the Razer Kraken Gaming Headset: Lightweight Aluminum Frame, Retractable Noise Isolating Microphone, 3.5 mm Audio Jack, Mercury WhiteI use the rear panel audio jack at the bottom of my pc. 3.5 mm jack Sound Blaster Z by Creative Technology Ltd.I'm using 24...
  3. I can't hear audio through my headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't hear audio through my headset: info: My headset is the Razer Kraken Gaming Headset: Lightweight Aluminum Frame, Retractable Noise Isolating Microphone, 3.5 mm Audio Jack, Mercury WhiteI use the rear panel audio jack at the bottom of my pc. 3.5 mm jack Sound Blaster Z by Creative Technology Ltd.I'm using 24...
  4. I can't hear audio through my headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. ALL desktop audio playing through my headset mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ALL desktop audio playing through my headset mic: I recently bought a steelseries headset as a replacement to my old headset, and both headsets had an issue where all of the audio that played on my computer would also play through my microphone. My laptop runs off of Realtek Audio Drivers, and It seems like i'm not the only...
  6. ALL desktop audio playing through my headset mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ALL desktop audio playing through my headset mic: I recently bought a steelseries headset as a replacement to my old headset, and both headsets had an issue where all of the audio that played on my computer would also play through my microphone. My laptop runs off of Realtek Audio Drivers, and It seems like i'm not the only...
  7. audio wont play through headset

audio wont play through headset: alright, so I get on this morning only to find out I can't hear audio through my headset. I can play audio with the built-in speakers, I can use the microphone on my headset, but I cannot get audio to play through it, it just stops. I've reinstalled drivers, I've reset, I've...
  8. Audio plays through my headset

Audio plays through my headset: I just got back on my desktop and I have noticed that my audio has been playing through my headset. When I am in discord I cannot play games or listen to music as people hear it through my headset. I have tried 2 different headsets and both have this issue. although i have...
  9. Audio only plays through headset when connected through microphone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio only plays through headset when connected through microphone.: I recently got a USB microphone, which seems to work really well. It has an audio jack that allows me to hear what it's picking up, and my computer's audio through the microphone. However, since using it the first time, my computer's had trouble outputting audio. There have...
  10. No audio being played through headset

No audio being played through headset: So I just got this headset and as anyone else would I plugged it into my PC, but it doesn't have any sounds coming through. I searched through my sound settings and devices but I couldn't find it anywhere. I'm guessing that my PC isn't detecting my device or some other reason...