Windows 10: Audio isn't working for apps

Discus and support Audio isn't working for apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using Windows11 21H2.My laptop's audio system is suddenly somehow corrupted. Basically, the speaker isn't working for apps. If I run a game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Junho Choi, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Audio isn't working for apps

Hi, I'm using Windows11 21H2.My laptop's audio system is suddenly somehow corrupted. Basically, the speaker isn't working for apps. If I run a game either online games or offline games, the speaker doesn't work. If I play video on youtube or any other streaming platform, the speaker doesn't work. BUT, if I play a downloaded video using the built-in apps like "Movies&TVs" or "Media Player", it DOES work. BUT, if I play the same video using downloaded app "VLC media player", it DOES NOT work. So it seems the speaker system only works for the built-in apps.It has been all good for couple ye

:)

Junho Choi, Nov 7, 2022

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Nov 7, 2022
  3. Jakub578 Win User
    Cortana isn´t working

When I hit enter, it did something, but there´s still no Cortana, even after restart. So I tried it again, but now it says that it failed, because it´s already installed and it´s working in PC. So it should work, but Cortana still isn´t here.

Jakub578, Nov 7, 2022
  4. Audio isn't working for apps

Printer isn´t working after latest update.

Managed to solve it... here´s how I did it just in case anyone else has the same problem...

->Settings

->Printers & scanners

->Add a printer or scanner

->The printer that I want isn´t listed

->Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings

->Use an existing port: USB001 (Virtual printer port for USB)

->Choose printer

->Use the driver that is currently installed

->Type printer name

And done... =P

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Nov 7, 2022
Thema:

Audio isn't working for apps

1. Audio isn't working for apps - Similar Threads - Audio isn't working

2. Audio isn't working for apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio isn't working for apps: Hi, I'm using Windows11 21H2.My laptop's audio system is suddenly somehow corrupted. Basically, the speaker isn't working for apps. If I run a game either online games or offline games, the speaker doesn't work. If I play video on youtube or any other streaming platform, the...
  3. My audio isn't working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My audio isn't working: I've tried reinstalling, updating, rolling back my drivers doesn't work. I've tried my headset on different computers doesn't work, I've tried all kinds of audio settings doesn't work.It shows that the audio works The green audio bar is going up and down when i'm playing a...
  4. My audio isn't working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio isn't working: I've tried reinstalling, updating, rolling back my drivers doesn't work. I've tried my headset on different computers doesn't work, I've tried all kinds of audio settings doesn't work.It shows that the audio works The green audio bar is going up and down when i'm playing a...
  5. Audio isn't working

Audio isn't working: As subject says I have audio problems Windows can't find Input/Output devices, there is no sound Some strange things I noticed: 1.In services.msc, I couldn't find "Windows Audio". There is no such service. 2.In registry, I can't find path...
  6. audio isn't working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    audio isn't working: So first my Windows audio service wasn't started and i couldn't let it start because of an error 0x0070005 but i fixed that by going to the properties of windows audio then logon and i checked Local System acount and apply. After i did that the red cross went away and i had...
  7. Audio isn't working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio isn't working: So my audio isn't working in the sense that I cannot hear any videos I play on the laptop. It worked fine an 1 hour ago. I may have used tasked manager and had something stop by accident....
  8. Windows Audio isn't working

Windows Audio isn't working: Every week. I would come to my computer to see that the Audio service isn't running. When I would go into my services and try to restart windows audio endpoint (which is a solution) It would always take about 10 minutes, and after that It would say it failed and the Audio...
  9. Help realTek Audio App isn't Working Solved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help realTek Audio App isn't Working Solved: Alright my hp laptop did something while I was away from it. My audio-jack / the Realtek Audio App was working before I left the room. I came back, and the sound was completely off. I'm glad for the usb headset / mic for getting the narrator back to fix the problem. Yes the...
  10. Help realTek Audio App isn't Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help realTek Audio App isn't Working: Alright my hp laptop did something while I was away from it. My audio-jack / the Realtek Audio App was working before I left the room. I came back, and the sound was completely off. I'm glad for the usb headset / mic for getting the narrator back to fix the problem. Yes the...