Windows 10: [Audio Issue] A lot of my windows are randomly dropping in volume in the volume panel.

Discus and support [Audio Issue] A lot of my windows are randomly dropping in volume in the volume panel. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A lot of them drop to 50% of the current volume and then go back to 100% of the current volume repeatedly, making it seem like two different apps are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Post12346, Aug 21, 2020.

1. [Audio Issue] A lot of my windows are randomly dropping in volume in the volume panel.

A lot of them drop to 50% of the current volume and then go back to 100% of the current volume repeatedly, making it seem like two different apps are adjusting the volume at the same time, while other ones drop to 2, 1, or 0, and can't be increased until you've had the volume panel open for several minutes.

Does this happen for anyone else? Does anyone know any common gaming/streaming applications that can do this?

submitted by /u/Post12346
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Post12346, Aug 21, 2020
  2. patebner Win User

Audio volume changes up and down randomly

The audio volume cycles up and down on my computer. I notice this a lot on YouTube videos. I'm running Windows 10 on an Acer computer. I have tried many of the suggestions on this thread: Windows 10 Volume Problem (Volume Randomly Changes).
    Has Microsoft responded with a solution? Thanks.

patebner, Aug 21, 2020
  3. Windows Phone volume randomly drops

I seem to have a related issue. When I plug my Nokia 920 into my car vis the 3.5mm Jack, the audio volume drops to zero. I can't turn the sound up with the headphone jack in place. As soon as I disconnect the headphone jack the audio buttons work fine.

The car is a 2009 Saab, but that shouldn't make any difference. My work iPhone works okay with the car.

I travel a lot in Europe and listen ing to music from home is important to me. Any suggestions?

scotttopliss, Aug 21, 2020
  4. [Audio Issue] A lot of my windows are randomly dropping in volume in the volume panel.

Windows Phone volume randomly drops

I'd like to update and say that I believe with CERTAINTY that this is an Operating system issue. I'd become so fed up with the erratic audio issues that I upgraded my old device, a Dell Venue Pro, from Windows Phone 7.5 to 7.8 so I could use it as an mp3
    player until this issue had been addressed or I decide to send the Lumia in for repair. It is now having the
    SAME ISSUE.

I just plugged my headphones into the old device and the volume dropped to zero and began randomly dropping and raising on its own during playback. This is a completely different device that never had any audio issues in the 3 years I've owned it. I'm no
    expert but to me this suggests an issue with the way the OS interacts with the audio component of the hardware.

I really hope that Microsoft is at least aware of these volume issues and attempting to correct them in an update. I've searched these and other forums and seen similar threads on the support forums of both HTC and Nokia's sites so it's not only me and it's
    not only this device. I really like the Metro interface and would like to stick with it but if this isn't corrected I'll have no choice but too switch to Android or iOS. Very disappointing.

offbeatbop, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

[Audio Issue] A lot of my windows are randomly dropping in volume in the volume panel.

1. [Audio Issue] A lot of my windows are randomly dropping in volume in the volume panel. - Similar Threads - Audio Issue lot

2. Audio volume issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio volume issue.: I'm running Windows 11 v 23H2. When I watch video's on YouTube, I'll adjust the volume to my comfort level using the Monitors volume control. When one video is finished and I start another one, a lot of the time the ne video is alot louder or its alot softer in volume. I'm...
  3. Audio volume issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio volume issue.: I'm running Windows 11 v 23H2. When I watch video's on YouTube, I'll adjust the volume to my comfort level using the Monitors volume control. When one video is finished and I start another one, a lot of the time the ne video is alot louder or its alot softer in volume. I'm...
  4. Audio problem, random low volumes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio problem, random low volumes: Hi, I have a problem with the audio on my new laptop. Whenever I am playing a video in the Windows applications or YouTube in the browsers, the audio sometimes becomes very low and sounds flat. But when I close that application and reopen it, it returns to normal this is...
  5. Audio problem, random low volumes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio problem, random low volumes: Hi, I have a problem with the audio on my new laptop. Whenever I am playing a video in the Windows applications or YouTube in the browsers, the audio sometimes becomes very low and sounds flat. But when I close that application and reopen it, it returns to normal this is...
  6. Audio problem, random low volumes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Audio volume issues

Audio volume issues: can someone please assist, for some reason the last few weeks after updates there is issues with the sound.. each time i play a movie ie via netflix or stan or listen to anything the sound is horrible... it has a fuzzy sound to the voices and sound it just randomly happened...
  8. Audio issue : random low volumes

Audio issue : random low volumes: Hi all, I am facing an issue with audio on my new laptop. Whenever I am playing any video on netflix windows applications, youtube on browsers or anything the audio sometimes randomly becomes very low and kind of sound flat. But when I close that application and reopen it...
  9. Volume dropping on videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume dropping on videos: I tried following this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-drop-on-laptop-cant-restore/b3f446a8-6d45-42be-bf32-6f41633ff318 but it didn't work. How can I get it to work permanently at a normal level?...
  10. Audio source panel appears with volume control

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio source panel appears with volume control: This wasn't a problem until today, so I must have accidentally pressed something. I'd like to know how to fix it, though. When I use the audio controls on my keyboard, along with the usual UI on the left, this large box appears with where my audio is playing. And I reaaally...