Windows 10: Audio issue after recent windows update

Discus and support Audio issue after recent windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After the most recent update I have been experiencing an audio issue where even though my default sound output is set to my speakers and the system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sarreus, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Sarreus Win User

Audio issue after recent windows update

After the most recent update I have been experiencing an audio issue where even though my default sound output is set to my speakers and the system sounds is set to use the default unable to change that anymore apparently? the sound is still being routed to my Arctis 7 headset output. I've also tried muting and adjusting the volume down to 0 on system sounds and still have system sounds being output to my headphones. When I open the volume mixer it shows the system sounds on the default speaker output and does not show them on the arctis game or arctis chat outputs.

Is this a known issue or is there a workaround? I haven't been able to find anything searching about it.

Thanks,

Sarreus

:)

Sarreus, Sep 27, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Audio output issue

Hi,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible cause why your audio/video was not working. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating your driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run the troubleshooter in this
    article
    to resolve your sound issues. You may choose other troubleshooting steps by clicking the drop-down menu.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

I think today's windows update(stable channel) solves d issue

Cumulative Update KB4020102 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.332

• Addressed issue where, after installing the Creators Update, audio output through external decoders no longer works.

Sai Sreekantt M, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Audio output issue - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below:

If you’re facing sound issues on Envy 24 monitor speakers, you may try the steps listed in
    HP Flat Panel Monitors - Troubleshooting Sound Problems with Monitor Speakers

If the issue persists, you may update the chipset drivers for your PC and check if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Audio issue after recent windows update - Similar Threads - Audio issue recent

2. Keyboard issues after recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard issues after recent update: After an update the other day, the following keys stopped functioning: / Z 4 I thought it would be strange if it was water damage or dirt considering I don't eat or drink near it, and it stays in the same spot. Also the fact the position of those keys are spread out, is a bit...
  3. Bluetooth and other audio issues after most recent Windows 10 updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bluetooth and other audio issues after most recent Windows 10 updates.: Hello, After updating my computer today I found that the audio for my bluetooth earbuds keeps cutting in and out. I have updated and reinstalled all my audio and bluetooth drivers. I have followed the bluetooth and audio trouble shooting wizards multiple times with no...
  4. issues after recent update

in Windows 10 Customization
    issues after recent update: yes after the latest up date it has messed with my customization everything is white and I can not access the colors page because everything is frozen and things do not load up. I do not know if all of this has also affected the loading of my face book my groups do not load...
  5. Audio Issues After Recent Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Issues After Recent Updates: So I am using my surface pro docking station to run my speaker on and several times each day the Audio goes silent. I have ran the troubleshooter, restarted the services several times and always still have to restart my unit. I have even tried uninstalling the driver and...
  6. Audio issues with Fortnite after most recent 1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio issues with Fortnite after most recent 1903 update: So apparently this is occuring with other games as well but Fortnite is my main game so im having the most trouble with it. i played fortnite before and after the update and the difference in directional audio quality was like night and day. Before the update I was able to...
  7. Windows audio not working after recent Windows update

Windows audio not working after recent Windows update: Hi there My PC ran a windows update two days ago and now my sound is not working. Please help! Thanks, Clayton https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-audio-not-working-after-recent-windows/b93422aa-eb23-4b4a-9759-06084ee8fb5c
  8. Windows audio not working after recent Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows audio not working after recent Windows update: Hi there My PC ran a windows update two days ago and now my sound is not working. If I run the toubleshooter, it does not fix this and says One or more audio service isn't running Fixed Both the Windows Audio and the Windows Audio End Point Builder services must be...
  9. Issues after recent Windows update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Issues after recent Windows update: mem mgnmt has stuffed its head up laptops butt and is effing ransomware! Micr$not has in wind hose 10 achieved a new high for releasing bughouse untested ****. This of course means millions of users switching to anything else. Personally shorting your stock and looking...
  10. Recent Windows 10 update Audio Issues (Headphones)

Recent Windows 10 update Audio Issues (Headphones): So I just recently got the new windows 10 update a few days ago and when I turned on my computer the next day my audio driver was completely missing. I looked at some tutorials and managed to download the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver from the Realtek website yesterday...