Windows 10: Audio Issue after upgrading to Windows 10. Please Help.

Discus and support Audio Issue after upgrading to Windows 10. Please Help. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Post-installation, I noticed that the bass in a lot of the music I hear seems to feel 'empty', like there's no presence. This is more noticeable the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/simi1022, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Audio Issue after upgrading to Windows 10. Please Help.

Post-installation, I noticed that the bass in a lot of the music I hear seems to feel 'empty', like there's no presence. This is more noticeable the lower the 808 note. Even messing around with the Equalizer and increasing the lower frequencies creates overwhelming bass. Everything was fine back on Windows 8 and I've confirmed my headphones aren't faulty because music on my phone sounds fine.

Any solutions?

submitted by /u/simi1022
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/simi1022, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Poor audio quality after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Eugene,

As you are facing issues with sound quality after upgrading to Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Are you referring to sound quality from the computer/ speakers/ headphones?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates and drivers updates after upgrading to Windows 10?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

This issue might have occurred due to outdated/ corrupted audio drivers. Let us try the below troubleshooting steps if not yet tried and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

try the audio troubleshooter.

Method 2: I suggest you to change the properties of Windows Audio services and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Click Start, type
      Services.msc in the Start Search box.

• Scroll down the list of services, right-click
      Windows Audio and select Start.

• Select Properties for
      Windows Audio and set its Startup Type to
      Automatic.
    If the Windows Audio service does not start and you get the error
    Error 1068: The dependency service or group failed to start, then make sure that the following services are started and their
    Startup Type is set to Automatic.

Method 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of accessing sound after upgrading to Windows 10 for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 15, 2020
  4. Audio Issue after upgrading to Windows 10. Please Help.

Rear audio jack not working after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing beats audio on your device after upgrading to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated audio drivers on your device.

Do let us know the make and model of your HP computer?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to update the audio drivers for your device.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X, select
      Device Manager
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      Speakers/ Headphones and click on Update driver software.

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrading to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

Audio Issue after upgrading to Windows 10. Please Help.

1. Audio Issue after upgrading to Windows 10. Please Help. - Similar Threads - Audio Issue upgrading

2. Audio issues, please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio issues, please help!: I was hoping someone here could possibly help me. I was about to hop onto a game with some friends, and plugged in my AKG earbuds as I normally do, however my computer isn't detecting them at all, anywhere. A small box pops up and asks "What device are you using", as it...
  3. Please help with audio issues

Please help with audio issues: So I have the volume mixer pulled up, i play a video or someone talks in discord and it turns every other application in the volume mixer down, but keeps the one that’s playing audio at its %100 level i disabled sound effects in enhancements and that didn’t seem to help, i...
  4. Windows 10 Sudden Audio Problems & Software Issues?- PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Sudden Audio Problems & Software Issues?- PLEASE HELP!: Laptop: MSI PS63 Modern So today something weird happened. My audio was working perfectly fine as it always has. I closed my laptop like I always would, went downstairs for some lunch and when I came back, suddenly there was no volume in my earbuds. I unplugged them, and...
  5. Audio Issues.....PLEASE HELP!

Audio Issues.....PLEASE HELP!: Hi everyone. So, I like to game on my PC crossplatform with my friends on xbox and we chat via xbox party chat. The only problem is that they complain that they can hear everything going on behind me (TV, chatter, dogs, etc...). I thought that I would try to adjust the...
  6. Audio issues after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio issues after upgrading to Windows 10: Hello, I've been having audio issues since upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8.1. My audio, specifically the voices sound muffled, and other sounds are more pronounced. I've tried the following: - Reverting to windows 8.1 - Updating audio drivers - Disabling...
  7. Strange Audio issue. Help please.

Strange Audio issue. Help please.: So yesterday I encountered a problem, which is very low to no voice audio, but background audio I guess you would call it is fine. It was fine until about as I mentioned a day ago as of this posting. I am running the latest driver build for audio and I am on W10 Home CU...
  8. Audio driver issues, Please help

Audio driver issues, Please help: Hi, this is my first time posting and I thought i could solve this issue but its really starting to annoy me. Basically when you change the volume in youtube or similar things like spotify, even if its almost silent, the sound becomes louder on its own. The volume on youtube...
  9. Please Help! Lots of issues since upgrade to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Please Help! Lots of issues since upgrade to Windows 10: Hi All I am hoping that somebody might be able to help. I bought my laptop in June so practically a brand new pc, and it worked absolutely fine in Win 8.1. I upgraded it to Win 10 a couple of days ago and it has since got practically unusable! Here is a summary of the...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade, help please

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade, help please: Finally decided that i want to upgrade to windows 10, clicked the upgrade now button and the window just closed after about a second, tried this many times and nothing happened. Ran windows update, clicked the upgrade now button again and it just sticks on starting download.....