Windows 10: Audio issue after upgrading to Windows 10, Version 1809

Discus and support Audio issue after upgrading to Windows 10, Version 1809 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm seeing an issue on multiple computers when I upgrade to the latest Windows 10 build (1809). It's a little funky on when it shows up but it's a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Eomer000, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Eomer000 Win User

Audio issue after upgrading to Windows 10, Version 1809

I'm seeing an issue on multiple computers when I upgrade to the latest Windows 10 build (1809). It's a little funky on when it shows up but it's a pretty major issue for me and I'm curious if any one else has seen it.

The main issue I have is that I'm trying to use Assigned Access, and with that whenever I boot the computer from all the way off I don't get any audio from the video files I play from my app. However if I reboot the computer (without actually powering it down) it will work just fine until I shut it down again.

Most people don't use assigned access, but there are a few other places this shows up. The easiest one for people to test is by booting the computer from off and before logging into a user click on the Ease of Access icon. This should play the audio "Make your computer easier to use..." on my computer it won't, unless I reboot, or log into an existing user.
    Interestingly if I log into a user for the first time after booting from off most the audio won't work, but some, like notifications and the sound you get when clicking on the volume level bar will paly. Things like mp4 videos and mp3 files won't, I don't know if this is a file type or player difference.

Another note is that if I look at the mixer while audio is supposed to be playing but isn't the sound level on the app will go up and down, but not on my output device. I have Realtek Audio chipsets, but I've tried multiple Realtek drivers as well as the default HD Audio Driver in Windows they all acted the same as far as I could tell. I did not have this problem with Windows version 1803.

Has anyone else seen this? I'd love to have some people try and tell me what they see. Of course even better is a good fix for it.

Thanks in advance for any help I get.

:)

Eomer000, Dec 5, 2018
  2. Bree Win User

Windows 10 October 2018 Update version 1809 Now Re-Released

New upgrade block added 21 November. This time it's apparently Intel who have QA issues (for a change).

Bree, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Audio issue after upgrading to Windows 10, Version 1809

Rear audio jack not working after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing beats audio on your device after upgrading to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated audio drivers on your device.

Do let us know the make and model of your HP computer?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to update the audio drivers for your device.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X, select
      Device Manager
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      Speakers/ Headphones and click on Update driver software.

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrading to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Audio issue after upgrading to Windows 10, Version 1809

1. Audio issue after upgrading to Windows 10, Version 1809 - Similar Threads - Audio issue upgrading

2. Upgrade to 1809 version

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade to 1809 version: Hello,Recently downloaded the Win 10 1809 iso file. It is 10.0.17763 Build 379.Checked in MS update catalog for updates. As I understand from the build version I have, all updates prior to 11-Mar-2019 ((KB4489899 included) are included in this build and need not to be...
  3. Windows 10 1809 Realtek Audio Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 1809 Realtek Audio Issue: The driver was working fine until yesterday, the volume thing has an x over it, and its no longer in Device Manager. If I use older versions (2017) it says error code 10 but it still doesn't work. I have tried installing the latest drivers from both ASUS and Realtek....
  4. Audio not working after version 1809 download

Audio not working after version 1809 download: My HP laptop 60-630us with a Conexant pebble high definition smart audio driver loaded win 10 ver 1809 ok but no audio,tried every thing and the computer shop couldn't fix it either they said the only way it works i would have to use a usb speakers....
  5. No Audio on version 1809

No Audio on version 1809: I've searched for the issue and came across the Intel SST driver, but this solutions don't work for me, since I don't seem to have Intel audio driver installed. I downloaded the Microsoft fix and it solved nothing. So, I have no Intel driver, but still no audio. Any...
  6. Cyberoam Issues after upgrade to 1809

Cyberoam Issues after upgrade to 1809: After upgrading to Version 1809 (Build 17763.168), I am unable to use my corporate Ethernet connection. I do get connected - briefly, when I log in to the Cyberoam Client, but seconds later, I get the Blue Screen... Windows starts up fine after that, but when I try to...
  7. Bugs and issues of Windows 10 version 1809

in Windows 10 News
    Bugs and issues of Windows 10 version 1809: Microsoft released the October 2018 Update for Windows 10, Windows 10 version 1809, on October 2, 2018 to the public. The update is not pushed out automatically through Windows Update but requires that users and administrators install it manually for the time being....
  8. Upgrade to version 1809

Upgrade to version 1809: Hi, When upgrading to version 1809 personal files will be retained or deleted. For some users reported after upgrading to 1809 they had lost all their personal files and apps. Please let me know whether to upgrade to this version. Regards, Harrsha...
  9. Upgrade to version 1809

Upgrade to version 1809: Hi, When upgrading to version 1809 personal files will be retained or deleted. For some users reported after upgrading to 1809 they had lost all their personal files and apps. Please let me know whether to upgrade to this version. Regards, Harrsha...
  10. Audio issues after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio issues after upgrading to Windows 10: Hello, I've been having audio issues since upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8.1. My audio, specifically the voices sound muffled, and other sounds are more pronounced. I've tried the following: - Reverting to windows 8.1 - Updating audio drivers - Disabling...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek audio not working on windows 10 version 1809

2. audio issue after upgrading windows 10 build 1909

3. windows 1809 blocks use of icom usb output device