Windows 10: Audio issue/AMD Noise Suppression in start up?

Discus and support Audio issue/AMD Noise Suppression in start up? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been struggling with an audio problem with my new laptop. I've posted this before but, basically, whenever I'm in call, audio from games, videos,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Strings Kumler, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Audio issue/AMD Noise Suppression in start up?

I've been struggling with an audio problem with my new laptop. I've posted this before but, basically, whenever I'm in call, audio from games, videos, music, etc. become inaudible or staticy. I've tried all the generic fixes, including uninstalling/updating drivers, turning on/off exclusive access mode, etc. On my last post, someone brought up the potential of AMD Noise Suppression causing the issue, which leads to the next thing:I don't think I actually qualify for the noise suppression setting since I'm only running with Ryzen 5 5500, so I don't have the setting... however, I do have it in m

:)

Strings Kumler, Jun 8, 2023
  2. GuiM1# Win User

Windows 10 Microphone Noise suppression not working, background static noise

Hi guys,

My girlfriend just bought a new PC (ASUS x556u) and everything was working perfectly when i was with her. When i got home we decided to test the PC built in Cam and Mic, and i noticed right away an annoying background static noise. We have tried everything
    we can think of, Her Realtek HD Audio Manager is different from mine( i also have an ASUS). Her audio drivers are up to date. I suspect one thing is not working on her mic, when i take the tick out from the "noise suppression" option, she starts to hear the
    same static noise, but when she takes out the tick on her "noise suppression" option the static noise does not increase. That makes me believe that her "noise suppression" is not working, either she ticks it or not.

Can someone help please. (she spent a lot of time picking a good pc for her and now she is a bit sad her mic might not be working, if so she has to use the warranty and that takes time, we are students and we have exames soon, she needs the computer to study)

GuiM1#, Jun 8, 2023
  3. Is there a way to disable noise suppression?

I am a music teacher that teaches virtually. My new laptop uses the Microphone Array (Intel Smart Sound Technology), and when I try to use it for lessons all background noise is suppressed. Is there a way to disable noise suppression?

Rudy Garcia2, Jun 8, 2023
  4. Audio issue/AMD Noise Suppression in start up?

Is there a way to disable noise suppression?

Hi, I'm Elise, and I'd be happy to help with your issue.

Could you try these steps:

Open the control panel app

Go to Hardware & Sound

Then Sound

Then the Recordings tab

Right click your Microphone and select properties

Look for the enhancements tab and disable any noise suppression options in there.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Elise

EliseM_456, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

Audio issue/AMD Noise Suppression in start up?

1. Audio issue/AMD Noise Suppression in start up? - Similar Threads - Audio issue AMD

2. Noise suppression effect forced on all my audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Noise suppression effect forced on all my audio: Hi,I have this weird effect with some of my audio I think that it happens more when two things are playing at the same time? where it will sound like the audio is being put through a noise suppression filter. This is a problem because it's doing it with music, mostly. Is this...
  3. Noise suppression effect forced on all my audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Noise suppression effect forced on all my audio: Hi,I have this weird effect with some of my audio I think that it happens more when two things are playing at the same time? where it will sound like the audio is being put through a noise suppression filter. This is a problem because it's doing it with music, mostly. Is this...
  4. Audio issue/AMD Noise Suppression in start up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio issue/AMD Noise Suppression in start up?: I've been struggling with an audio problem with my new laptop. I've posted this before but, basically, whenever I'm in call, audio from games, videos, music, etc. become inaudible or staticy. I've tried all the generic fixes, including uninstalling/updating drivers, turning...
  5. Is there a way to disable noise suppression?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to disable noise suppression?: I am a music teacher that teaches virtually. My new laptop uses the Microphone Array Intel Smart Sound Technology, and when I try to use it for lessons all background noise is suppressed. Is there a way to disable noise suppression?...
  6. Is there a way to disable noise suppression?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to disable noise suppression?: I am a music teacher that teaches virtually. My new laptop uses the Microphone Array Intel Smart Sound Technology, and when I try to use it for lessons all background noise is suppressed. Is there a way to disable noise suppression?...
  7. Headset microphone noise suppression not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset microphone noise suppression not working.: I own a brand new pair of Razer BlacksharkV2 headphones. The speakers in them work great, but I am having problems with my microphone. One day the sound being recorded by my microphone was terrible: it was saturated, it had background noise like the sound of air conditioning...
  8. No noise suppression on my Realtek Audio Driver

No noise suppression on my Realtek Audio Driver: My Dell laptop has no noise suppression feature for the microphone. I found out that the feature is supposed to be under the Enhancements tab but i don't have that tab on my computer. I have tried uninstalling my Realtek audio driver and installing a different version of...
  9. Noise Suppression Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Noise Suppression Problem: I Look at Videos on How To Make my Microphone Sound better and It's Almost Always Noise Suppression. I Turn it On But Then My Mic Sounds Worse Than Before. Is There a Way Where i Can Change the Amount of Noise Suppression I Get? If not, Is There Anyway To Download Additional...
  10. Problem with noise suppression and acoustic echo cancellation.

Problem with noise suppression and acoustic echo cancellation.: So i have a problem with my microphone bcs my friends hear everything, my pc sounds and themselves. My microphone is picking up all my PC sounds. I read that you have to turn off the stereo mix but it didn't help. Then I read that you need to enable noise suppression and the...