Windows 10: Audio issue between monitor audio and system audio.

Discus and support Audio issue between monitor audio and system audio. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, I have a monitor that can extract audio from HDMI through a 3.5mm jack on its back. The problem is the monitor will take over the audio and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lingxiang Zhu, Dec 1, 2023.

1. Audio issue between monitor audio and system audio.

So, I have a monitor that can extract audio from HDMI through a 3.5mm jack on its back. The problem is the monitor will take over the audio and the computer stop using its own 3.5mm jack so I had to plug in the monitor. The computer/motherboard audio still appears in the audio panel, but it only works if I plug it back a couple of times a day. So, I had to agree to use the monitor output. It is not a serious issue, but does anyone know the cause?

:)

Lingxiang Zhu, Dec 1, 2023

2. How To Change Monitor Audio To Motherboard Audio

Hi Saurav,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Do you want to use your external speakers for the audio instead of the monitor speakers?
    2. Are you hearing the audio both from your external speakers and the monitor speakers?

Meanwhile, you may try the below steps to change the playback device and check if this helps.

1. Select on the Start button > Type Sound in the search box > Select
      Sound from the list of results.
    2. Go to Playback tab > Select your Sound System Device that you want to hear the audio from > Then click on
      Set Default.
    3. Restart the computer once and check if this helps.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Dec 1, 2023
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Dec 1, 2023
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Audio issue between monitor audio and system audio.

Audio output issue - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below:

If you’re facing sound issues on Envy 24 monitor speakers, you may try the steps listed in
    HP Flat Panel Monitors - Troubleshooting Sound Problems with Monitor Speakers

If the issue persists, you may update the chipset drivers for your PC and check if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 1, 2023
Thema:

Audio issue between monitor audio and system audio.

1. Audio issue between monitor audio and system audio. - Similar Threads - Audio issue between

2. Audio issue between monitor audio and system audio.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio issue between monitor audio and system audio.: So, I have a monitor that can extract audio from HDMI through a 3.5mm jack on its back. The problem is the monitor will take over the audio and the computer stop using its own 3.5mm jack so I had to plug in the monitor. The computer/motherboard audio still appears in the...
  3. System Audio

System Audio: why my new hp laptop not supporting higher audio formats?my 5 year old laptop used to support 192000hz but this new one is stuck at 16bit 48000hzwhen I used to click at drop down menu it shows only only one option availablePls help me...
  4. Audio jumps between headset and machine audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio jumps between headset and machine audio: Hi,I've lost control over my audio settings.As you can see in the enclosed video, the screen jumps and doesn't let to set it to a specific option, my preference, the headset.I tried to disable windows audio service and reboot, update drive, Nothing helped.Could you suggest a...
  5. Audio jumps between headset and machine audio

Audio jumps between headset and machine audio: Hi,I've lost control over my audio settings.As you can see in the enclosed video, the screen jumps and doesn't let to set it to a specific option, my preference, the headset.I tried to disable windows audio service and reboot, update drive, Nothing helped.Could you suggest a...
  6. what is difference between audio and pro audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    what is difference between audio and pro audio: [ATTACH] does audio and pro audio same? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-difference-between-audio-and-pro-audio/6a4626e7-0f6f-4f63-a155-d2e761496455
  7. System hangs in between with Audio issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System hangs in between with Audio issues: I am on Windows 10 2004 which I installed a couple of days ago and the Maximus Formula X board with i7 8700k and 32GB RAM. I am facing this issue since the install - After every couple of hours the cursor freezes for a few seconds and the sound driver shows jack unplugged...
  8. Audio Issues Switching Between HDMI Inputs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Issues Switching Between HDMI Inputs: Having problems with audio when switching between HDMI Inputs. Have tried updating drivers, changing output devices, windows audio restart, switching which HDMI they are on, changed HDMI cords etc. NOTHING works. We have a PC in HDMI 3 and a PS4 in HDMI 2. HDMI 2 always works...
  9. audio system

audio system: audio was operating fine now its not, tried everything possible to uninstalling-reinstalling, hard reset, and restarting after suggestion from troubleshooting and still nothing. Need more insight on how to fix the issue....
  10. system audio

system audio: so this has been driving me insane for about 2 weeks now but no matter what im doing whether im in a call or not or even when my headset is unplugged, system sounds like anything from watching videos or playing music from either the desktop or the web browser is not only...