Windows 10: Audio issue due to service audio disability.

Discus and support Audio issue due to service audio disability. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently my I found that I couldn't adjust the volume from the taskbar. so I went to the service app to stop and start windows audio. I've clicked the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by P Aishwarya, Aug 9, 2022.

1. Audio issue due to service audio disability.

Recently my I found that I couldn't adjust the volume from the taskbar. so I went to the service app to stop and start windows audio. I've clicked the stop then ignorantly cancelled or closed the tab, I barely remember. Now the service status is "stopping" already it's been many hours doing that. still, there is no development in status. All the options start, stop, pause, resume are disabled. what should I do now? please help.

:)

P Aishwarya, Aug 9, 2022

2. After running Audio troubleshooter error: 'one or more audio service isn't running'

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you receive the error message: 'one or more audio service isn't running', this might have occurred due to the audio services.

I suggest you to restart the service, set it to automatic and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Windows Audio service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Audio service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 9, 2022
  3. audio services not responding

Hi,

This issue is most likely caused by having outdated drivers or possible system file corruption. Let us gather more details about this issue to help us sort out and address this issue.

• Have you made any changes or installed any updates prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far to address the problem?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try the following troubleshooting steps:

Run the audio troubleshooter

• In the Cortana search, type Troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting in the search results.
    • Click Hardware and Sound, then Playing Audio.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Update audio driver software

• Right-click the Windows key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Audio inputs and outputs.
    • Right-click your audio device and click Properties.
    • Click the Driver tab and click Update Driver.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Let us know if you still encounter the same problem after doing the above steps so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 9, 2022
  4. Audio issue due to service audio disability.

Audio Services are not running / responding.

Charlie,

The Audio services not responding problem is very likely due to an outdated, corrupted or incompatible audio driver on your Windows. I'd like to ask, what do you mean by "to
    boot in safe mode and or clean boot / wipe the system and that wouldn't be possible in my current situation"? Are you connected via domain server? Are you getting any error messages when you try to boot into safe mode and perform a clean boot?

In the meantime, I suggest that you follow these steps:

Step # 1: Restart your audio services.

1. Press Windows key + R and then type services.msc and click OK.
    2. Find and right-click on "Windows Audio", then click Restart.
    3. Right-click on Windows Audio one more time, this time click Properties.
    4. Set the Startup type to Automatic. Click Apply > OK.
    5. Do the same thing to "Windows Audio Endpoint Builder".
    Note: If the Restart option grayed out, your Windows Audio Endpoint Builder service is not running, click Start instead.

Step # 2: Uninstall the audio driver in the Device Manager. Open Device Manager> Sound, video and game controllers> Right click the driver> Properties> Driver tab> Uninstall Device> Restart
    your PC, and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Note: If the same issue persists after reinstalling the driver, please contact the audio card manufacturer's website and find and download the correct drivers for your device. Then install it on your computer manually.

You may also refer to Fix sound problems article
    for more information.

Raymond Ave, Aug 9, 2022
Thema:

Audio issue due to service audio disability.

1. Audio issue due to service audio disability. - Similar Threads - Audio issue due

2. Audio issue due to service audio disability.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio issue due to service audio disability.: Recently my I found that I couldn't adjust the volume from the taskbar. so I went to the service app to stop and start windows audio. I've clicked the stop then ignorantly cancelled or closed the tab, I barely remember. Now the service status is "stopping" already it's been...
  3. audio services

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    audio services: audio services cannot be restarted after unsuccessful optional windows upgrade. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-services/ae524cf2-330b-4beb-8353-db52b1495ea8
  4. Audio Service Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Service Issue: Hi guys, I got a pretty weird audio problem on my hands. So I sat up a new System, clean windows 10 installation, updated BIOS, the newest Drivers all that. Worked fine no Problems, till I installed the latest .NET Framework, since then my Audio is properly fucked, every...
  5. Audio services issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio services issue: I have an issue saying that Audio services are not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-services-issue/bed90bca-ea78-443a-9753-f2b111d8f64e
  6. Audio Service issues

Audio Service issues: The audio on my Windows 10 HP laptop isn't working. I've tried everything I can find online about trying to fix it, but nothing has worked. Does anyone have any possible solutions? submitted by /u/gryff1914 [link] [comments]...
  7. Audio Service issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Service issue: My PC stopped outputting audio, it said the Windows audio service was not working. I stopped the process in the services app, restarted it, made sure it was set to automatic start, did the same with the companion audio service and dependancies. I updated all device drivers. I...
  8. Audio Service Issues

Audio Service Issues: Hey, I have noticed that when using programs like discord, when I try to connect to a voice channel, the program freezes for up to a minute and during this time the windows audio service maxed on CPU usage. If I disable windows audio service, discord loads very quickly and...
  9. Audio service issue WIN10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio service issue WIN10: So there's no sound on my computer ever. the only temporary fix is stopping the audio service and restarting the computer which only gives it back temporarily before it crashes again. another strange thing is usually how long the audio service is stopped before the restart is...
  10. Audio Service issue. Any help?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Service issue. Any help?: Ever since an update on Oct. 19th, my Speaker/Headphone audio wouldn't load at all, and then a day later, my Bluetooth audio failed as well on this computer (but it works on my phone). I tried everything to fix this issue until i looked at the Windows Audio service. It...