Windows 10: Audio Issue - latest Update help

Discus and support Audio Issue - latest Update help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I installed the latest update 2 days ago and now my 5.1 surround sound isnt working anymore. I have everything up to date but it seems realtek or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/daystrict, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Audio Issue - latest Update help

So I installed the latest update 2 days ago and now my 5.1 surround sound isnt working anymore.

I have everything up to date but it seems realtek or windows hastn updated that.

I can only use stereo for some reason

anyone here with a fix maybe?

(speakers fill wont work)

thank you in advance

submitted by /u/daystrict
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/daystrict, Nov 11, 2020
  2. Geethu B Win User

Audio issues with latest major feature Windows 10 feature release

Hi Lance,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have issues with audio after installing latest Windows Update.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better what is the make and model number of the computer?

This issue may occur due to incorrect audio settings or corrupt or outdated audio driver.

Method 1:

I suggest you to try the steps in the article which will help to fix the common sound issues. Check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install latest audio driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.
    If Windows 10 drivers are not available, I would suggest you to install driver in compatibility mode.

To install the audio driver
    in compatibility mode, I would suggest you to follow these steps:

a. Download the latest audio driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

b. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

c. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select latest Windows version from the drop down list.

e. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Audio issues

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue may occur due to incorrect audio settings or corrupt or outdated audio driver.

Method 1:

I suggest you to try the steps in the article which will help to fix the common sound issues. Check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install latest audio driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.
    If Windows 10 drivers are not available, I would suggest you to install driver in compatibility mode.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers...a6000-desktop-pc-series/3376909/model/3419570

To install the audio driver
    in compatibility mode, I would suggest you to follow these steps:

a. Download the latest audio driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

b. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

c. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select latest Windows version from the drop down list.

e. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Audio Issue - latest Update help

Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Audio Issue - latest Update help

1. Audio Issue - latest Update help - Similar Threads - Audio Issue latest

2. Audio issue help?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio issue help?: Hello,Windows is detecting my 3.5 mm aux headphones as speakers when i have an extension cable plugged in and severely impacts the quality of my audio. Is there any way to have them recognized as headphones? I have tried following YouTube videos and the similar thread on this...
  3. Audio issue help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio issue help?: Hello,Windows is detecting my 3.5 mm aux headphones as speakers when i have an extension cable plugged in and severely impacts the quality of my audio. Is there any way to have them recognized as headphones? I have tried following YouTube videos and the similar thread on this...
  4. Audio issue help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Latest Windows 10 Update Audio Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Windows 10 Update Audio Issue: Recently -- by that, I mean last week when this question is asked -- there seems to be an imbalance audio levels for my PC. The way I can describe it is the low end is more quieter, whereas the high end is boosted too loudly. One example is when I am playing racing or...
  6. Latest Windows 10 Update Audio Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Windows 10 Update Audio Issue: Recently -- by that, I mean last week when this question is asked -- there seems to be an imbalance audio levels for my PC. The way I can describe it is the low end is more quieter, whereas the high end is boosted too loudly. One example is when I am playing racing or...
  7. Bluetooth audio issues after latest update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth audio issues after latest update: I recently installed the latest windows update and now any audio I get from Bluetooth is choppy and stutters every second. I did not have this problem before the update and reinstalling/trying to update the driver's hasn't worked. Anyone else getting anything like this?...
  8. Latest update issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update issue: Hey all, Just kinda wanted to put it out there that after closing my pc down for the night yesterday all seemed good and well, up until this evening where i turned my pc on. Locked out before i can get to log in screen. Shift + F8 to get to advanced options of the trouble...
  9. latest windows update issue Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    latest windows update issue Help: Hi I have been badly let down by Microsoft tech support whom have left my issue unresolved since friday because they either do not return the call of just hang up, it is appalling, when it did and automatic update it made it that my comp lost all wifi connectivity, they...
  10. Audio Issue After the Latest Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Issue After the Latest Update: I just updated my PC about an hour ago, after the update I got some issue on my audio. I tried all the basic troubleshooting that I found here and on google but none of them resolve the issue. I swear, I regret updating my PC. Hays. :(...