Windows 10: Audio issue possibly caused by Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Audio issue possibly caused by Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi everyone, apologies if this isn't the right place to ask. I've had an issue with my Windows 10 recording pc as of this morning when I applied some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mrbluru, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Audio issue possibly caused by Windows 10 Update

Hi everyone, apologies if this isn't the right place to ask. I've had an issue with my Windows 10 recording pc as of this morning when I applied some windows 10 updates, updated some drivers and ran CCleaner.

When using my recording software (Cubase 9) with my Focusrite 18i20 2nd Gen my pc audio has started to have loud distorted static which begins whenever the audio nears 0db on the master channel at 96khz. It will then continue even with no audio playback, with varying static sounds and also apply to all windows sounds.

Weirdly this issue doesn't occur at 44.1khz but the issue will persist using any other windows functions unless I change the hardware sample rate through Focusrite's control panel to a different rate and then back to 96khz.

This has never been an issue for me before, I've spent the past few hours trying different usb leads and ports with my interface, rolling back and reapplying windows and driver updates, googling and trying various suggestions. I've hit a dead end and I'm not sure how to fix it, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

submitted by /u/mrbluru
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mrbluru, Apr 15, 2020

2. Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

I think today's windows update(stable channel) solves d issue

Cumulative Update KB4020102 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.332

• Addressed issue where, after installing the Creators Update, audio output through external decoders no longer works.

Sai Sreekantt M, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Windows 10 audio issue

Hi,

Audio issues might have caused by an outdated audio driver. For us to troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this article:

Fix sound problems
    . You can try different troubleshooting methods by clicking the drop down box, below the title, and choose one from the list.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Audio issue possibly caused by Windows 10 Update

Audio output issue - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below:

If you’re facing sound issues on Envy 24 monitor speakers, you may try the steps listed in
    HP Flat Panel Monitors - Troubleshooting Sound Problems with Monitor Speakers

If the issue persists, you may update the chipset drivers for your PC and check if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Audio issue possibly caused by Windows 10 Update

1. Audio issue possibly caused by Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Audio issue possibly

2. BSOD issue Windows 10 with drivers possibly causing it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD issue Windows 10 with drivers possibly causing it: Since around December I have had regular system crashes when doing random things on my Windows 10 system I have a Ryzen 3600 with a Asrock A320/ac motherboard, rx 6750 xt. I have reinstalled AMD gpu/chipset drivers and tried to parse the dump file errors with whocrashed and...
  3. BSOD issue Windows 10 with drivers possibly causing it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD issue Windows 10 with drivers possibly causing it: Since around December I have had regular system crashes when doing random things on my Windows 10 system I have a Ryzen 3600 with a Asrock A320/ac motherboard, rx 6750 xt. I have reinstalled AMD gpu/chipset drivers and tried to parse the dump file errors with whocrashed and...
  4. BSOD issue Windows 10 with drivers possibly causing it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 update caused audio interface issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update caused audio interface issues: Windows 10 update last night i can no longer playback audio through my audio interface. It doesn;t show the interface as a choice for output. The interface does show as an input so it does see it. Interface is Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. The drivers are current....
  6. Audio crackling/popping. Possible issue due to latest Windows 10 update?

Audio crackling/popping. Possible issue due to latest Windows 10 update?: Hi, these crackles and pops have started only recently. I've been getting them often whenever I'm casually listening to music, or playing games. The random and sudden crackles are insanely annoying. I'm speculating that it has to do something with the latest windows...
  7. Windows Update causes audio and video issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update causes audio and video issues: Since January Windows Update 2020-1, every time I run and install updates, I lose audio and video on my desktop. If I run system restore from a restore point just before the updates, all functions return to normal. I have ran the troubleshooter, and it finds nothing wrong....
  8. RealTek Audio causing issues, no audio

RealTek Audio causing issues, no audio: Something happened about 2-3 weeks ago where my audio stopped working. Here's how I fix it but it's just a temporary fix: Device Manager > Sound, Video and Game Controllers > RealTek Audio > [toolbar] Uninstall Device > [popup] Delete the driver software for this device >...
  9. Updating to 1909 causing audio clipping issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updating to 1909 causing audio clipping issues: Every audio played is hard clipping at -6dB and I have no clue how to fix it. I uninstalled Realtek Driver and reinstalled it again, downloaded driver from Realtek website etc... I turned off all audio enhancements settings. This happened to me last year when I updated to...
  10. DirectX causing issues/update not possible...

DirectX causing issues/update not possible...: Alright, so basically just a brief sum up of the situation: I've bought myself a new (Gaming-) PC, installed Steam and other stuff I need including a few games. Today I wanted to play ARK which said it had to install directX (one-time installation) which is pretty common with...