Windows 10: Audio issue : random low volumes

Discus and support Audio issue : random low volumes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I am facing an issue with audio on my new laptop. Whenever I am playing any video on netflix windows applications, youtube on browsers or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VipulPrakash1, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Audio issue : random low volumes

Hi all,

I am facing an issue with audio on my new laptop. Whenever I am playing any video on netflix windows applications, youtube on browsers or anything the audio sometimes randomly becomes very low and kind of sound flat. But when I close that application and reopen it again it goes back to normal..it only happens when sometimes i pause my video and replay it again..it is happening randomly...the volume level remains same in windows sound and no change is present in volume level in windows level.

I tried-

1. Disabling / Enabling the realtek audio driver from device manager.

2. Updated the realtek audio driver to latest.

3. Troubleshooting also didn't work.

4. Disabled the communication enhancements and sound enhancements also.

:)

VipulPrakash1, Oct 4, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Low Audio Volume when listening songs

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving this issue. Thank you for providing the detailed information. I understand that you get low audio level while playing songs.

Ideally, the level of audio depends on the type of the audio file that you are playing. However, I would suggest you to try using the Audio Enhancements, which will boost the audio level and help you get a better audio experience. Refer the steps mentioned
    below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type mmsys.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Under Playback tab, double click on the sound device that you are using.
    4. Click on Enhancements tab.
    5. Select the checkbox for Loudness Equalization.
    6. Click on OK.

If the issue persists, you may want to try updating the Audio drivers and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Sound, Video, and Game Controllers.
    3. Right click on the Audio
      device
      and select Update Driver.

Article for reference:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

You may also want to check the Audio levels for specific applications in the Volume Mixer. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Right click on the Sound icon on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Select Open Volume Mixer.
    3. Now, adjust the Volume levels for the Applications as per your requirement.

Refer the screenshot below:

Audio issue : random low volumes 5c89acd0-2ea3-4a5a-99cb-5f8c01a94726?upload=true.png

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 4, 2020
  3. low volume issues

I have tried what other's did to try to correct the low volume without success. I also note on this site and on other sites success was not forth coming in most cases.

I have a Toshiba Satellite. It appears after upgrading to Windows 10 my audio drivers are Conexant SmartAudio HD. I am not savy with drivers and how to fix issues with them. I did not see anyone else here that mentioned these drivers.

The low volume is a deal breaker for me so unless I can find a fix or a fix to issue is not coming soon then I will go back to Windows 8.1 where volume was not a problem.

Any suggestions or date of a fix?

Thank you

SamanthaRoys, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Audio issue : random low volumes

Surface Book output volume is low

Hello John,

I followed the above steps, but still have the same issue of low audio volume.

Dhawal Patil, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Audio issue : random low volumes

1. Audio issue : random low volumes - Similar Threads - Audio issue random

2. Audio volume issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio volume issue.: I'm running Windows 11 v 23H2. When I watch video's on YouTube, I'll adjust the volume to my comfort level using the Monitors volume control. When one video is finished and I start another one, a lot of the time the ne video is alot louder or its alot softer in volume. I'm...
  3. Audio volume issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio volume issue.: I'm running Windows 11 v 23H2. When I watch video's on YouTube, I'll adjust the volume to my comfort level using the Monitors volume control. When one video is finished and I start another one, a lot of the time the ne video is alot louder or its alot softer in volume. I'm...
  4. Audio problem, random low volumes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio problem, random low volumes: Hi, I have a problem with the audio on my new laptop. Whenever I am playing a video in the Windows applications or YouTube in the browsers, the audio sometimes becomes very low and sounds flat. But when I close that application and reopen it, it returns to normal this is...
  5. Audio problem, random low volumes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio problem, random low volumes: Hi, I have a problem with the audio on my new laptop. Whenever I am playing a video in the Windows applications or YouTube in the browsers, the audio sometimes becomes very low and sounds flat. But when I close that application and reopen it, it returns to normal this is...
  6. Audio problem, random low volumes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Audio volume issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio volume issues: can someone please assist, for some reason the last few weeks after updates there is issues with the sound.. each time i play a movie ie via netflix or stan or listen to anything the sound is horrible... it has a fuzzy sound to the voices and sound it just randomly happened...
  8. Low game volume issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Low game volume issue: Hello, after yesterdays update 8/9/2020 I have a problem with the sound of games, the sound in All games is very low.. This issue occurred after the update was made on 8/9/2020.before the sound in the games was fine.. Also when I go to YouTube, the sound is fine. I've tried...
  9. Low audio at max volume on new pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Low audio at max volume on new pc: I recently just built a new pc after switching from my old msi laptop. I'm on a gigabyte b450m ds3h and am noticing low audio compared to my old laptop. At 100% volume it feels like what it would be at 50% on my laptop. I tried reinstalling my audio drivers multiple times and...
  10. Audio volume much too low

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio volume much too low: reinstalled driver on my laptop windows 10, now the volume is too low (maxed out) to be effectively used. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-volume-much-too-low/003fbe44-bbd8-4c52-8941-90c41e7a5e20