Windows 10: Audio issue recently - DAC won't play audio - have to keep selecting output devices

Discus and support Audio issue recently - DAC won't play audio - have to keep selecting output devices in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, The past 2 days (not sure if related to the Windows update on 11/8) I'm having trouble with my JDS Labs EL DAC. I use Voicemeter Potatoe to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lyons238, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Audio issue recently - DAC won't play audio - have to keep selecting output devices

Hello,

The past 2 days (not sure if related to the Windows update on 11/8) I'm having trouble with my JDS Labs EL DAC.

I use Voicemeter Potatoe to get two outputs simultaneously because I have studio monitors that I play through my Focusrite Scarlette and I have my headphones playing through my JDS Labs EL Stack. But Voicemeter does not seem to be the issue and I'll go on to explain why, but I could be wrong.

As of late, I have to keep switching audio sources and to get output to work. What I do to get it to work is power cycle the DAC. Select Windows output to something else then back to Voicemeter Banana Input. Then I go into Voicemeter and reselect the JDS Labs EL DAC as the output there. I have to do this a few times with no rhyme or reason but after a few tries of doing that it then works. Also, I did try just outputting straight from Windows to the EL DAC and that doesn't seem to work either. I was trying to see if the issue was with Voicemeter but it appears to be with just Windows.

Also just FYI my studio monitors using the ASIO drivers for the Focusrite Scarlette are working just fine with Voicemeter etc. I'm thinking maybe because this output is using ASIO drivers and perhaps not affected by whatever is going on with my headphone DAC?

Any tips to help me resolve this it's quite annoying? BTW I did see if there were any driver updates and such and they were all up to date. I did also install a Windows update that was available today but the issue still persists.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Lyons238
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lyons238, Nov 10, 2019

2. No Audio Output Device is installed

Hi JacquelineL1

I am Wilfredo an Independent advisor And I'm here to help you!!

How you doing today?

Run Windows 10 Audio Troubleshooter

To fix the “No Audio Output Device is installed” error in Windows 10, you could also run the built-in Windows Audio Troubleshooter. To access the troubleshooter, here’s what you need to do.

Step 1. Open the search box

Step 2. Type Troubleshooter in the search box and then press Enter

Step 3. Click View all

Step 4. Select Playing audio

Step 5. Follow the instructions to complete the audio troubleshooting process

Note: The Audio Troubleshooter will detect the audio issues. When the search is finished, the audio issues will display.

I hope it helps you, have a nice day!!!

Wilfredo_Soto, Nov 10, 2019
  3. How to select PCM stereo output for digital audio S/PDIF jack?

I am looking to upgrade the sound from my PC. I wish to bypass the sound card of my computer by plugging in a digital-to-analog converter (DAC) in a USB 2.0 port. I've learned I can stream digital audio that way by selecting my DAC as the default audio output
    device. However, the DAC I am considering also can stream data from the digital optical output on my PC to the DAC. A tech rep for the DAC told me to stream music from both the optical output
    and the USB port alternatively and see which sounds better. However, for the DAC to utilize the digital optical jack it must be set to pulse-code modulation (PCM) stereo output.

Hence my problem. I see no menu option for selecting PCM stereo output as opposed to DTS or Dolby multi-channel audio in my sound controls for the optical output (in the "Supported Formats" section of the "Digital Audio S/PDIF Properties" menu. (Microsoft
    WMA Pro Audio is also offered in that menu, but I don't know what that is or if it changes the digital optical audio output to PCM format.) I would like to utilize the digital optical output from my PC as the DAC rep suggested if at all possible. Please advise.

Deekthe(non)Geek, Nov 10, 2019
  4. Audio issue recently - DAC won't play audio - have to keep selecting output devices

No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Audio issue recently - DAC won't play audio - have to keep selecting output devices

1. Audio issue recently - DAC won't play audio - have to keep selecting output devices - Similar Threads - Audio issue recently

2. Audio Output keeps on switching devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Output keeps on switching devices: I recently bought an earphone which can be connected only through USB Type-C to my Laptop W10 yet everytime I plug it in, the Audio Output just keeps switching from Speaker Mode to Earphone. No error message, it just keeps switching and only get fixed once I removed the...
  3. audio output device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    audio output device: My laptop has no audio output device installed, can someone help me rectify this problem/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-output-device/bf8d0d4c-fc5d-4db5-ad34-f9b69a93ba46
  4. Having an issue with audio output

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having an issue with audio output: Hey all, I just got a new gaming rig and I'm having a lot of audio issues with windows 10 that weren't present on my old Asus ROG laptop- If I start the PC, I have no sound at all. It will only start outputting the sound to my monitor (Acer VG270U P) if I do a restart. This...
  5. Recent update broke audio output selection.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recent update broke audio output selection.: Just a heads up for people who use multiple audio outputs. After recent update default audio selection does nothing and I need to reboot the system each time I want to change audio output. submitted by /u/snaut [link] [comments]...
  6. output audio device

output audio device: my system is showing notification of no audio output device is installed and even no audio sound is audible.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/output-audio-device/5b5d3f20-0ab8-4f46-94cb-106a14808e96
  7. USB audio output to external DAC

USB audio output to external DAC: Hi There, My USB audio driver is constantly dropping. I tried 100 different approach, nothing worked. Please help. Of course Intel NUC is connected to my Sony TV using HDMI and I wish to output audio via USB to my external DAC. Intel NUC8i5 all hardware driver updated...
  8. Audio Issue - No audio output device installed

Audio Issue - No audio output device installed: no audio output device installed....how do I fix this problem ***Original Title: audio*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-issue-no-audio-output-device-installed/657a94d7-1778-48d7-a009-769b5bbd7808
  9. When Windows detects a new audio output device, it automatically selects it as the audio output

in Windows 10 Customization
    When Windows detects a new audio output device, it automatically selects it as the audio output: Hello, my issue lies with sound settings. Specifically, the fact that when a new audio output device is detected by Windows, it changes the system's audio output to the new device. However, this is irritating for me as I would rather do this myself as and when I need to....
  10. Issue with Audio Output Device

Issue with Audio Output Device: My Task Bar is on red and won't play sound. This issue appears since Windows update. Any Idea to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-audio-output-device/fed70ffd-4534-4b3a-9327-499f2eace86e