Windows 10: Audio Issue with Headset

Discus and support Audio Issue with Headset in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm having a weird audio problem with Windows 10. When I use my headset to listen to anything (music, game audio, etc), sounds at certain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SpacemanJC, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Audio Issue with Headset

Hi all,

I'm having a weird audio problem with Windows 10. When I use my headset to listen to anything (music, game audio, etc), sounds at certain pitches sound tinny or quiet. The best way I can describe it is like Windows is trying to output the sound in a 5 or 7 channel surround format and the channel levels are messed up. And no, my audio isn't set for surround; my computer knows it's only outputting sound through two speakers.

Adjusting the left and right levels in the "balance" box in speaker properties doesn't simply raise the volume out of the left and right speakers as one might expect. Instead, it seems to have some effect on levels of different pitches. Setting both levels at 100 makes the vocals in music sound tinny and echo-ey. Setting L to 0 and R to 100 makes the audio sound closer to normal, but still off. Setting L to 100 and R to 0 seems to mute all by the highest and lowest pitches. Setting the levels to values between 0 and 100 seems to yield inconsistent results depending on what the specific levels are.

Disabling audio enhancements doesn't work, spatial audio is already turned off, I've looked at the sound settings everywhere I can find them and nothing seems to do a thing.

Someone posted about the same issue a while back and managed to fix it by setting the left and right balance to certain specific levels and I used their solution to successfully fix the same issue with my old headset but I can't remember what the levels were so I'm stuck. I'm using an ASUS laptop, if that helps at all.

Any help is appreciated!

submitted by /u/SpacemanJC
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SpacemanJC, Mar 10, 2021

2. Headset mike not recognized - can't open Audio Manager

You could try going into settings and running the 'Troubleshooter'. Although this might not work as I think it may be a software/driver issue.

Audio Issue with Headset [​IMG]

Ah okay. I have had a look at the manufacture Nubwo, and there doesn't seem to be any official drivers or software listed.

Thus I would suggest we try and uninstall everything related to the headset, and then let everything install automatically, as it had done on the other desktop (assuming everything was automatically configured, and it just worked).

1.) See if you can first remove the Realtek Audio Manager 1.0.0.222 software by uninstalling it.
    • Settings > Apps > Click on the app and select 'Uninstall.'

2.) After that right click on Start menu (*Start) and select 'Device Manager'
    • Under the 'View' tab, select 'Show hidden devices'
    • Then click on the arrow before 'Sound, video and game controllers' as well as 'Audio inputs and outputs' (this should drop down to reveal a list of audio drivers and headsets)
    • I can help you with which driver (in relation to your headset) to uninstall, if you post back with a screenshot.

Optional.) Or if you are comfortable with knowing which driver to uninstall, then do so
    • Right click on the driver name > Uninstall (Check 'delete software for this device'). Perform a restart and plug the headset back in.

ellellell1, Mar 10, 2021
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Audio Issue with Headset :p

cadaveca, Mar 10, 2021
  4. Audio Issue with Headset

Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

Audio Issue with Headset

1. Audio Issue with Headset - Similar Threads - Audio Issue Headset

2. Audio issues with new headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio issues with new headset: Hello, so I recently got a new pair of headphones and I am having some audio issues when I open certain applications.I did some testing by using the troubleshooter and seeing if my drivers are updated or not but they have not worked.It also seems that whenever I open an...
  3. Audio issues with new headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio issues with new headset: Hello, so I recently got a new pair of headphones and I am having some audio issues when I open certain applications.I did some testing by using the troubleshooter and seeing if my drivers are updated or not but they have not worked.It also seems that whenever I open an...
  4. Audio issues with new headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio issues with new headset: Hello, so I recently got a new pair of headphones and I am having some audio issues when I open certain applications. I did some testing by using the troubleshooter and seeing if my drivers are updated or not but they have not worked. It also seems that whenever I open an...
  5. Audio issues with new headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio issues with new headset: Hello, so I recently got a new pair of headphones and I am having some audio issues when I open certain applications. I did some testing by using the troubleshooter and seeing if my drivers are updated or not but they have not worked. It also seems that whenever I open an...
  6. Headset audio and microphone issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset audio and microphone issues: So I bought a CyberPower PC model GXi3200BSTV2 and I my wired turtle beach headset model recon 70 will not allow me to speak. I've tried every aux jack that would work and made sure that there were no problems with my headset but I still cannot get my microphone to work. Some...
  7. Realtek headset audio issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek headset audio issues: I just recently got a prebuilt NZXT computer and I've been on it for about 3-4 days no issues. Tonight I was playing a game of Valorant when all of a sudden my audio got extremely low to almost nothing. I hadn't touched anything or pressed anything as far as I'm aware. I've...
  8. Bluetooth Headset Audio and Mic Issue

Bluetooth Headset Audio and Mic Issue: I bought a bluetooth headphone MPOW X 4.0 and when I connected it to my Dell Computer, in the sound tab, I viewed two audios stereo and hands free when I chose stereo no sound was coming through the headphone and the mic was not working. And when I chose hands free audio, the...
  9. Bluetooth headset audio issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth headset audio issues: Is there a way to be able to use my headset via bluetooth on my pc while getting good audio? When I use my bluetooth headset is gives me 2 output options, "handsfree" and "stereo" for my pc output. I have to use the "handsfree" option for my imput to use my intergraded mic....
  10. Game Audio and Bluetooth headset issue

Game Audio and Bluetooth headset issue: I am having an issue currently where I connect my bluetooth headphones and all my audio then transfers to there, spotify, chrome, etc. all play through the headphones except for games. Any game I have played so far continues to play audio through the built in speakers...