Windows 10: Audio issue with Windows 10 laptop when headphones are not plugged in.

Discus and support Audio issue with Windows 10 laptop when headphones are not plugged in. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Lenovo laptop (with Windows 10 installed) is having trouble with audio and I'm unable to hear it except when my earphones or headphones are plugged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cindayz45, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Cindayz45 Win User

Audio issue with Windows 10 laptop when headphones are not plugged in.

My Lenovo laptop (with Windows 10 installed) is having trouble with audio and I'm unable to hear it except when my earphones or headphones are plugged in. My laptop's left stereo channel is working fine but the right isn't. When I tried changing the volume, I either only hear the first tiny bit of the sound and I don't hear the rest of it or I do not hear it at all. I tried a series of solutions such as troubleshooting and uninstalling and reinstalling the sound driver using Device Manager but faced no luck on getting it fixed. Are there any solutions to get the audio issue fixed so I can hear through my laptop again?

For further details, my sound driver is Conexant SmartAudio HD.

:)

Cindayz45, Mar 9, 2019

2. DTS Audio Control and headphone plug

Hi Terry,

This issue with the DTS Audio Control can be caused by system corruption on the application itself. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you uninstall the application. Here's how:

• Type DTS in the search field at the task bar.
    • Right-click on the DTS Audio Control in the results.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Once done, proceed with installing it back.

You can also check out with HP as the manufacturer of this application for any updated drivers that can help to resolve the issue.

You may try to plug in the headphone again once the issue has been resolved. If it is the same, try a different headphone and let us know about the results.

Should you need additional assistance, do let us know.

Jennifer Bri, Mar 9, 2019
  3. Laptop speakers and plugged in headphone audio plays at the same time

Just downloaded the most recent Windows 10 update. But now, even when my headphones are plugged in, I get audio from both the headphone and the internal speakers. Instead of a separate "speaker" and "headphone" sections in the sounds menu, it's listed
    as "Speaker/Headphone." Surely, this is not a feature people wanted. There is no problem when using Bluetooth headphones, just the audio jack.

MidKnight Swami, Mar 9, 2019
  4. LSN05 Win User

Headphones Not Recognized as Plugged In

I installed the Conexant driver from the manufacturer's website and ran in compatibility mode for Windows 8. Still the same problem; headphone jack is not recognized at all.

Windows 10 HD audio driver still lists headphones as a playback device, but their status is always "not plugged in" even if they are plugged in.

This is a new laptop (just bought last month from the Microsoft store) and came preinstalled with Windows 10.

LSN05, Mar 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Audio issue with Windows 10 laptop when headphones are not plugged in. - Similar Threads - Audio issue laptop

2. Laptop not register headset/headphones when plugging in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop not register headset/headphones when plugging in.: I have a Dell XPS 13 7390 laptop and the problem is that whenever I plug in my headphones they are not registering as being plugged in. At the moment right now, in the sound control panel thing, the Headphones say they are ready, but the my headphones are not even plugged in....
  3. Laptop not register headset/headphones when plugging in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop not register headset/headphones when plugging in.: I have a Dell XPS 13 7390 laptop and the problem is that whenever I plug in my headphones they are not registering as being plugged in. At the moment right now, in the sound control panel thing, the Headphones say they are ready, but the my headphones are not even plugged in....
  4. Laptop doesn't recognize headphones when plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop doesn't recognize headphones when plugged in.: Whenever I plug in my wired headphones into the audio jack, the audio still comes out of the laptop speakers and not the headphones. However when I open the Realtek audio console and then plug the headphones it, the audio gets rerouted to the headphones and I also get a...
  5. Audio Issues "No speakers or headphones plugged in."

Audio Issues "No speakers or headphones plugged in.": Hello everyone, 2019 iMac 21.5 windows bootcamp my audio isn't working and whenever I hover over it, it says "No speakers or headphones plugged in." But I have my headphones plugged in and it says that all of my PC's built in speakers all unplugged, but they're all plugged...
  6. My audio is not working when the headphones are not plugged in.

My audio is not working when the headphones are not plugged in.: I noticed that my audio stopped working without my headphones just yesterday. My laptop is still less than a month old. There was an error event in my Realtek Audio device manager. Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source:...
  7. Speaker/Headphone RealtekR Audio is displayed even when headphone is not plugged in and...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Speaker/Headphone RealtekR Audio is displayed even when headphone is not plugged in and...: Recently my computer always displays "Speaker/Headphone RealtekR Audio" even when my headphone is not plugged in. When I try to do so, the sound still comes out of the computer not the headphone. Anyone knows how to fix this case?...
  8. Annoying/weird audio issue with headphones when plugged into the front jack

Annoying/weird audio issue with headphones when plugged into the front jack: No matter what I try and do to fix this, my computer refuses to output audio to my 3mm HyperX headphones. I've tried earbuds that also plug into the front jack of my computer and it still doesn't fix anything. This happens with any kind of headphones with a 3mm plug but the...
  9. Audio not playing in headphones when device plugged in audio jack (Windows 10)

Audio not playing in headphones when device plugged in audio jack (Windows 10): Hi, this happened all of a sudden. I was using my Bluetooth headset for audio for YouTube videos when all of a sudden the battery died. After putting my wireless Bluetooth headphone to charging, when I tried using any of the wired headphones, none of them worked. It is like...
  10. Audio not playing through headphones when plugged in.

Audio not playing through headphones when plugged in.: I've only been having this exact problem recently; whenever I try to play audio from my laptop (HP Pavilion 15-n271ea I think​, x64) with my headphones (3.5mm jack, Sony) the audio plays through my speakers and not my headphones. This would happen before (with audio playing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. targus audio windows 10 not plugged in issue

2. unable to locate wireless headphones on laptop

3. windows not recognizing when headset plugged in 2019