Windows 10: Audio issues after manual/hard shutdown (as well as other misc windows issues?)

Discus and support Audio issues after manual/hard shutdown (as well as other misc windows issues?) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After doing a hard shut down from my PC being frozen, I arrived at my desktop but with no audio devices apparently available (bottom right corner on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Brokenhill, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Audio issues after manual/hard shutdown (as well as other misc windows issues?)

After doing a hard shut down from my PC being frozen, I arrived at my desktop but with no audio devices apparently available (bottom right corner on task/status bar has red x on speaker).

I have a Soundblaster Z, which shows up in Device Manager as "working properly" but doesn't seem to be recognized for use beyond that? When I click on the red X windows automatically runs the diagnostic but I get "one or more audio service isn't running -- not fixed"

I tried removing the device from Device Manager which didn't work. I tried installing the drivers straight from Creative's website which didn't work. I've restarted several times.

Other weird red flags:

1. Steam prompted me that registry errors occurred or something
    2. My start menu is not letting me click or hit enter on anything that I search for like "sound settings" for example
    3. My start menu is still showing pinned tiles, but some of the logos have disappeared
    4. My graphics card (Radeon) settings were reset to default or something upon that initial restart (I got the generic windows prompt about display changes or something)
    5. My windows "My Phone" app crashes upon opening.
    6. Xbox game console won't let me sign in...as soon as I do it kicks me out and asks for me to sign in again.
    7. Microsoft store cannot be loaded.
    8. Microsoft weather and news can't be accessed...

Overall everything besides Windows/Microsoft specific things seem to be working OK, like I can launch other programs and games....it's just mainly access to my sound card and Microsoft stuff.

Please help! Thank you.

submitted by /u/Brokenhill
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Brokenhill, Jun 2, 2020
  2. little cat, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10 audio issue

Hi,

Audio issues might have caused by an outdated audio driver. For us to troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this article:

Fix sound problems
    . You can try different troubleshooting methods by clicking the drop down box, below the title, and choose one from the list.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Audio issues after manual/hard shutdown (as well as other misc windows issues?)

Audio 'dip' issue with Windows 10

Hi Elliot,

Thank you for posting your queries in Microsoft Community.

We are sorry to know that you have issues while listening to certain audios.

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method1: I suggest you to run an audio troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method2: Uncheck the enhancement feature in sound options.

• Press X from the key board and select control panel.
    • Select sounds under control panel.
    • Go to advance setting and uncheck the enhancement feature and check if that helps.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be

Sudharshan M K, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Audio issues after manual/hard shutdown (as well as other misc windows issues?)

1. Audio issues after manual/hard shutdown (as well as other misc windows issues?) - Similar Threads - Audio issues manual

2. shutdown issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    shutdown issue: Hello, i have problem on my laptop when i want shutdown my laptop using shortcuts or logo buttons it says this operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer how can you help me please ....
  3. Shutdown issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown issue: When I do shut down either alt + F4 or from the menu the Window will not show up however if I wait for couple of minutes it will shutdown without any warning at all. Sometimes I have files open and it will shutdown automatically. Can someone explain to me what is going on....
  4. Shutdown issue

Shutdown issue: When I do shut down either alt + F4 or from the menu the Window will not show up however if I wait for couple of minutes it will shutdown without any warning at all. Sometimes I have files open and it will shutdown automatically. Can someone explain to me what is going on....
  5. audio loop and other issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    audio loop and other issues: so after getting the newest windows update, I have been experiencing a weird audio loop and what i thought to be a freeze but wasn't. my Spotify would loop the past 2 seconds of a song over and over again but I am able to pause it. I can still open chrome and search things on...
  6. Shutdown issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shutdown issues: My mouse is still lighting after my pc shutdown. And my pc updated recently. I don't know how to fix? And one more thing i noticed battey performance geting down.if you want battery report.html file i will send...
  7. D recovery partition full other issues as well

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    D recovery partition full other issues as well: Had dealt with an issue where duplicate files kept popping up on my windows 10, my administrator had become user and administrator and my other account lost its during an update. So I fixed that and I did a system factory restore, I remember it saying it was going to save a...
  8. Administrative privileges not working as well as many other issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Administrative privileges not working as well as many other issues: A week ago I noticed my sound wasn't working. I spent a week trying to get it to work until I found a bigger issue. I'm the admin on my laptop and yet I can't do anything as admin. If I right click on anything I only see pin to task bar and not run as admin. I found this out...
  9. Shutdown Issue

Shutdown Issue: Hi everyone! I have an issue with my HP Probook470 G1. I am running Windows 10 64bit. When I try to shutdown my computer (or restart, or hibernate), screen goes blank, fan still runs and lights are still up. After 5-10 minutes blue screen(of death?) comes up and says:...
  10. Shutdown issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shutdown issue: Running Windows 10 on my Dell. It has recently been shutting off on its own. Hard reboots are the only way to get it back up and running. ANd when you do that it boots up, shows the Dell logo, Windows loading logo, and then right when it will get to the sign-in screen, the...