Windows 10: Audio issues after upgrading to Windows 10

Discus and support Audio issues after upgrading to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having audio issues since upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8.1. My audio, specifically the voices sound muffled, and other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gigglebyte, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Audio issues after upgrading to Windows 10

Hello, I've been having audio issues since upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8.1.
    My audio, specifically the voices sound muffled, and other sounds are more pronounced.

I've tried the following:

- Reverting to windows 8.1
    - Updating audio drivers
    - Disabling spatial sound
    - Using different audio jacks
    - Using a dedicated sound card
    - Using my monitor's sound ports
    - Configuring playback device as Stereo
    - Forcing 'Stereo' through Equalizer APO

This list is the majority of what I've tried, but I've attempted a few other small fixes, none of which have worked. Any possible ideas for fixes would be greatly appreciated.

:)

gigglebyte, Dec 21, 2017

2. Audio issues after upgrading to WIndows 10

*Original Title: Audio problem

After I update my PC to windows 10 ,sometimes the audio system breaks down when I play video game and often it makes noise when I watch the video.

XinWang708, Dec 21, 2017
  3. Audio issues after upgrading to WIndows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will assist you in solving the issue.

I suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 21, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

Audio issues after upgrading to Windows 10

fireberd, Dec 22, 2017
  5. Hi gigglebyte. Welcome to the TenForums @gigglebyte

When you went back to 8.1 am I to understand sound was still off?

Is this a laptop or desktop.

Are you still on 8.1 or 10?

I would head to vendor's site and get their drivers for sound. Check the version number you have installed, then install the vendor one and check version number again. Also load any specific software they have for sound / media.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Dec 22, 2017
  6. Hello fireberd and Caledon Ken,

My apologies for not including the information you both requested in the initial post. Yes, the sound was still off even when going back to 8.1.

I'm currently using a custom built Desktop PC with the following specs:

motherboard: gigabyte z77-ds3h
    cpu: intel i5 3470
    gpu: evga geforce gtx 1070 8 gb black edition
    memory: 8 gb ram x2
    sound card: creative sound blaster audigy fx
    operating system: windows 10 home 64 bit

Audio issues after upgrading to Windows 10 [​IMG]

Thank you both for your quick replies, I appreciate any help you can provide.

gigglebyte, Dec 22, 2017
  7. fireberd Win User
    Looking at your Device Manager, I see both the Realtek and SoundBlaster listed. If you are using the SoundBlaster for audio you need to disable the on-board (Realtek) in the BIOS to avoid any conflicts. Windows will only allow one default audio playback device anyway.

Do this as a start and see what happens. If no change with the SoundBlaster, remove (physically remove it) the SoundBlaster and enable the Realtek and try that.

I've seen several reports of problems with the "old" SoundBlaster Audigy's, unless there is some specific reason for using it, I'd just use the Realtek. I have a recording studio and use high end recording studio gear for recording but for PC audio I find the Realtek works well for me.

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Audio issues after upgrading to Windows 10

1. Audio issues after upgrading to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Audio issues upgrading

2. Audio issues after upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio issues after upgrading to windows 11: Hello, I updated my notebook to Windows 11 yesterday, today I went to plug in my headphones and the audio does not come out of the headphones. Every time I plug in or unplug the phone, a warning appears, which I will leave attached. There seems to be some problem with the...
  3. Audio issues after upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio issues after upgrading to windows 11: Hello, I updated my notebook to Windows 11 yesterday, today I went to plug in my headphones and the audio does not come out of the headphones. Every time I plug in or unplug the phone, a warning appears, which I will leave attached. There seems to be some problem with the...
  4. audio not working after upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio not working after upgrade to windows 10: audio not working after upgrade to windows 10 and i am using HP ENVY 27 All in one desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-not-working-after-upgrade-to-windows-10/cdaabc80-5a9f-4439-9faa-272da4112a0d
  5. Issues with Windows 10 after upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with Windows 10 after upgrade: Dears, I have "HP EliteBook 840 G5 Notebook" for my work, it's started to act weird after I upgraded My Windows 10 to version 1809. Laptop temp is hotter than usual, and CPU fan is running almost all the time when I have all my apps opened. Even when all my apps are...
  6. Audio Issue after upgrading to Windows 10. Please Help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Issue after upgrading to Windows 10. Please Help.: Post-installation, I noticed that the bass in a lot of the music I hear seems to feel 'empty', like there's no presence. This is more noticeable the lower the 808 note. Even messing around with the Equalizer and increasing the lower frequencies creates overwhelming bass....
  7. audio issues with bluetooth speaker on windows 10 after upgrade to 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    audio issues with bluetooth speaker on windows 10 after upgrade to 1903: Hi, I have a portable bluetotth music center (JBL Xtreme), which has an audio issue since the last MS update. It apperently seems that it is in 2.1 instead of 5.1 (there is no bass, just "box" sound). I've run the troubleshooter, checked the drivers (all was good), and also...
  8. Audio issue after upgrading to Windows 10, Version 1809

Audio issue after upgrading to Windows 10, Version 1809: I'm seeing an issue on multiple computers when I upgrade to the latest Windows 10 build (1809). It's a little funky on when it shows up but it's a pretty major issue for me and I'm curious if any one else has seen it. The main issue I have is that I'm trying to use Assigned...
  9. audio driver after windows 10 upgrade

audio driver after windows 10 upgrade: ok so I have upgraded to windows 10 but cant seem to find audio driver it is vinyl audio vt1708s chipset is asus b75m lx where to get it and my mic. is not being detected thanks...
  10. Audio Latency Issues since upgrading to Windows 10

Audio Latency Issues since upgrading to Windows 10: I get crackles and delays in audio (when watching videos online as well as in files offline). I have tried reinstalling drivers and disabling audio enhancements but that hasn't helped. I've tried a tool called LatencyMon and it points to the network drivers. One of the...