Windows 10: Audio Issues After Windows 10 Reinstallation

Discus and support Audio Issues After Windows 10 Reinstallation in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I had to reinstall windows 10 to fix an unrelated issue with explorer.exe, and now I'm having audio issues. Whenever I plug in my headset to the front... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/theshadowftw, May 3, 2020.

1. Audio Issues After Windows 10 Reinstallation

I had to reinstall windows 10 to fix an unrelated issue with explorer.exe, and now I'm having audio issues. Whenever I plug in my headset to the front of my case of my PC, windows 10 no longer gives me the prompt of "what device did you just plug in" like it used to do, and as it does on my laptop. When I plug in my logitech speakers to one of the audio ports on the IO of the motherboard, sound doesn't even come out of them, but sound will come out of them if I plug them into the front of the case. The sound that comes out of the headset and speakers sounds very flat compared to what it used to sound like. I've tried all the fixes I've found online and nothing works. My theory is that it's either a realtek issue, windows 10 issue, or a motherboard issue. I doubt its the motherboard since this didn't start happening until after I reinstalled windows 10. Does anyone have any suggestions outside of reinstalled windows 10 again (it would be the 4th time).

submitted by /u/theshadowftw
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/theshadowftw, May 3, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Audio output issue - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below:

If you’re facing sound issues on Envy 24 monitor speakers, you may try the steps listed in
    HP Flat Panel Monitors - Troubleshooting Sound Problems with Monitor Speakers

If the issue persists, you may update the chipset drivers for your PC and check if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 3, 2020
  3. Audio 'dip' issue with Windows 10

Hi Elliot,

Thank you for posting your queries in Microsoft Community.

We are sorry to know that you have issues while listening to certain audios.

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method1: I suggest you to run an audio troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method2: Uncheck the enhancement feature in sound options.

• Press X from the key board and select control panel.
    • Select sounds under control panel.
    • Go to advance setting and uncheck the enhancement feature and check if that helps.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be

Sudharshan M K, May 3, 2020
  4. MrGenius Win User

Audio Issues After Windows 10 Reinstallation

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! Audio Issues After Windows 10 Reinstallation :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, May 3, 2020
Thema:

Audio Issues After Windows 10 Reinstallation

1. Audio Issues After Windows 10 Reinstallation - Similar Threads - Audio Issues Reinstallation

2. Windows 10 Boot Issue after ReInstallation

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Boot Issue after ReInstallation: Strange issue that has me stumped so far . . . TLDR: Wishing to boot to a fresh install of Windows 10 Home on SSD A . . . . but SSD B needs to be powered up in order to do so! TLDR 2: Is there a utility that will allow me to create a Bootloader on the new SSD whilst...
  3. Audio Jack No Sound After Reinstalling Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Jack No Sound After Reinstalling Windows 10: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my PC. Since then I could not get any audio output from the audio jacks both front and back. I have installed audio drivers from my motherboard support page. I tried both "Realtek HD Universal Driver" and "Realtek High Definition Audio...
  4. Windows 10 Audio Drivers disappear after reinstall

Windows 10 Audio Drivers disappear after reinstall: When Windows 10 is reinstalled Audio stops working. Running the Windows troubleshooter it reports it can't find any problems. Diving into device manager and finding the drivers , there is no rollback and they are not working. Doing a search for the drives reveals that...
  5. Issue after reinstalling windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue after reinstalling windows: After reinstalling windows in my computer, I get a screen that asks me how I want to open it. Should I open in Safe Mode or not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-after-reinstalling-windows/93bc5d40-db36-4117-aa5c-20fc4a462aed
  6. Windows Audio Not Working after reinstall

Windows Audio Not Working after reinstall: Hello I have tried every fix I know for this. My audio is in the green slot, I have tried Downloading drivers from my devices manufacturer, I have tried using windows drivers. None of these have worked. I have even tried going through my BIOS to see if there was a problem...
  7. Issue with Windows after reinstall

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with Windows after reinstall: Hello everyone, I had wiped my hard disk and reinstalled windows however I have the following issue. Window installed all normal and I see the windows screen, task bar and everything however when I open edge, file explorer or anything else I can't see their windows. They show...
  8. Windows 10 Activation issue after reinstallation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Activation issue after reinstallation: Hi, History: I originally had Windows 7 Home, came preinstalled with my HP laptop. I have upgraded it to Windows 8 Pro and then upgraded to Windows 10. Issue: My Windows 10 got corrupted and required to reinstall it. However, after reinstallation, my laptop rebooted...
  9. Lost audio device after reinstalling windows 10

Lost audio device after reinstalling windows 10: Computer is not recognizing me speakers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-audio-device-after-reinstalling-windows-10/ec593b8c-aec1-4479-81c0-6f7e405907a2
  10. Headphones audio muffled after Windows 10 Reinstall

Headphones audio muffled after Windows 10 Reinstall: So I recently reinstalled my Windows 10 OS on my computer. A reinstall that got rid of all third-party apps and settings and kept my personal files to be more specific. I have a pair of Hyperx Cloud Alphas (through the Hyperx USB dongle) that sounded clear and crisp before...