Windows 10: Audio issues after Windows update.

Discus and support Audio issues after Windows update. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a weird problem that hasn't been recalled before. Basically one day after a Windows 10 Update I found out that my speakers weren't working, so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tommiboin, May 9, 2019.

1. tommiboin Win User

Audio issues after Windows update.

I have a weird problem that hasn't been recalled before. Basically one day after a Windows 10 Update I found out that my speakers weren't working, so I installed an earlier version, and that was it. Then I get an update again a few days ago, and this time everything seemed fine until I plugged in my headphones. So I go back and give it the oldest update, and I am back to square one. So if I want to hear the audio through my speakers, I'd have to use the early version from the Device Manager, while if I wanted to use the headphones I'd have to use the current one.

*Update*
    I even tried this method:

'''
    1. Press WINDOWS + X
    2. Click on "Device Manager"
    3. Click on "View"
    4. Click on "Show hidden device"
    5. Click on "Audio, video and games controllers"
    6. Right click on an element on the list
    7. Click on "Uninstall device"
    8. Repeat point 6 and 7 until you empty the list
    9. Click on "Detects Hardware change" (monitor icon)
    '''
    Putting my audio drivers in my "Other Devices" list, and no, updating them doesn't do anything. I've tried everything, I tried uninstalling them, I tried the 'Show Disabled Devices' which it's still not there, I spent a lot of money on this computer, why doesn't this work? I don't get what the problem is.

All I want is to be able to hear the audio through my speakers, and if I want, I can plug in my headphones.

***Modified Title from: Audio Unique Problem Still Unfixable?***

:)

tommiboin, May 9, 2019

2. Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

I think today's windows update(stable channel) solves d issue

Cumulative Update KB4020102 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.332

• Addressed issue where, after installing the Creators Update, audio output through external decoders no longer works.

Sai Sreekantt M, May 9, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Audio output issue - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below:

If you’re facing sound issues on Envy 24 monitor speakers, you may try the steps listed in
    HP Flat Panel Monitors - Troubleshooting Sound Problems with Monitor Speakers

If the issue persists, you may update the chipset drivers for your PC and check if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 9, 2019
  4. Audio issues after Windows update.

Audio 'dip' issue with Windows 10

Hi Elliot,

Thank you for posting your queries in Microsoft Community.

We are sorry to know that you have issues while listening to certain audios.

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method1: I suggest you to run an audio troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method2: Uncheck the enhancement feature in sound options.

• Press X from the key board and select control panel.
    • Select sounds under control panel.
    • Go to advance setting and uncheck the enhancement feature and check if that helps.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be

Sudharshan M K, May 9, 2019
Thema:

Audio issues after Windows update.

1. Audio issues after Windows update. - Similar Threads - Audio issues update

2. Windows 10 Audio issue after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Audio issue after update: Hi Folks,I believe that the recent windows update, it has completely Ruined my audio.My devices are detected and the audio devices are shown in the device manager but I still get that the windows audio service is not responding.I have followed the steps here Fix sound or...
  3. Audio issues after Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio issues after Windows 11 update: Ever since a Windows 11 update last week, the volume control on the task bar and on the keyboard doesn't work. I just have full volume! Spent 6 hours with MS support and they still can't fix it!! Even after a factory reset. Total pain! Anyone else had this? I have an HP...
  4. Audio Issue After Updating Windows

Audio Issue After Updating Windows: Hello all,Every time I update my WIndows Version ABOVE 1909, the audio quality deteriorates and there is no bass or treble in the sound. It doesn't matter which version I update to. I have tried Windows 2004, 20H1 and 21H1 which is what I'm currently on. 21H1 now has a...
  5. Audio issue after update

Audio issue after update: audio error after windows 10 update,but not concerned which update is the cause,getting this issue while keeping my pc in sleep or hibernate mode , but every time need to troubleshoot to hear the beep sound to get it fixed,Help me out please!!...
  6. Audio Issue after Windows 10 Update

Audio Issue after Windows 10 Update: Initially after the update, no audio devices were detected. I restarted my computer and then it was detected but there was still no sound. I updated audio drivers after that, but there was still no sound. I checked to see to see if the playback device was enabled and it was....
  7. Audio issues after a windows update

Audio issues after a windows update: Hello I have a brand new computer just built, Ryzen 7 3700, ASUS tuf gaming b550 plus wifi motherboard, msi raedon rx 5700 xt gpu. I had all updates current as of Feb 10, 2021. On Feb 11th, the very next day I had windows saying I need updates, then I had it do all the...
  8. Audio Issues after update

Audio Issues after update: When I turned on my computer (ASUS) after the update I noticed there was no sound. It showed that the audio service was not responding. I tried many things (with resets between each one): 1. manually restarting Windows Audio in services app (which could only be done on...
  9. Audio issues after Windows update.

Audio issues after Windows update.: someone pls help me and pls stick to it ive been replying to people on my question but they never respond . so yea so i had update problem which i solved with windows update assistant . after this update when ever i start my laptop when i play a audio file i cant hear...
  10. Audio issue after updating Windows

Audio issue after updating Windows: Hello, I have a HP Probook 650G1 and about two weeks ago, I did a complete new installation of Windows 10 after having replaced my old hard disk with a new 500gb SSD. Unfortunately, I now have some problems with audio, the max output level of speakers is quite low. I cannot...