Windows 10: Audio Issues- headphones and realtek

Discus and support Audio Issues- headphones and realtek in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So when my headphones are plugged into the audio jack (not USB), the sound seems to KINDA go thru them but also just goes straight thru my speakers as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Benevolus, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Benevolus Win User

Audio Issues- headphones and realtek

So when my headphones are plugged into the audio jack (not USB), the sound seems to KINDA go thru them but also just goes straight thru my speakers as well. When I checked the sounds window, there were no headphones being recognized as plugged in, it's like they don't exist.

SO, I went to the control panel to see if I check things out from the "Realtek Audio Manager". It doesn't exist either, anymore. The icon is there, but it does NOTHING. So I went to program files, Realtek, Audio: THE FILE IS EMPTY.

Next I went to the MSI website, as that is what my laptop is and checked out the driver downloads for the model and what not and redownloaded the realtek one... Installed it... Restarted my computer. Then windows just wouldn't come back on. Long story short had to go into safe mode to even get the system restore point to work.

Now I still have the audio issues but am afraid to try the driver again. HELP!?

:)

Benevolus, Jun 23, 2019
  2. Rich H567 Win User

Realtek HD audio headphone jack

Realtek HD audio headphone jack not listed separately in device manager, headphones don't

Rich H567, Jun 23, 2019
  3. Realtek Audio Headphone Jack Issue

Audio Issues- headphones and realtek 2d8b66ae-5fe3-492d-8bc0-a30b1f46f975.png

The SONY: SRS-X2 listed is a Bluetooth speaker that I have been using in place of the laptop speakers, which generally works fine. I think it's also worth it to note that the Speakers listed here don't change when I actually plug headphones into the laptop.

The Realtek software installed is listed as Realtek High Definition Audio Driver, from Realtek Semiconductor Corp. 6.0.1.7548, installed 10/29/2017.

The problem is that audio is no longer coming out of the laptop speakers. Previously, whenever headphones were plugged into or taken out of the jack on the laptop, Realtek would send a notification saying that something had been plugged in or out. However,
    I have not gotten either of those messages since the problem with the speakers started, so it was my assumption that the laptop simply believes that there is something still plugged into the headphone jack that has never been taken out.

The headphones that I use work perfectly fine, and I can get audio from the laptop if I just plug headphones it, however I don't get the notification that I used to.

I followed all the instructions on the Windows 10 checklist, and I did the Fresh Start that was walked through on the other website, however none of this fixed the issue.

On an additional note, downloading the Realtek software listed on the Lenovo site did actually help by fixing a separate issue I was having with my Bluetooth, so I do want to thank you for that as I now have a workable alternative to the laptop speakers
    if it turns out that there's just nothing to fix them.

SarahMcDaniel, Jun 23, 2019
  4. Audio Issues- headphones and realtek

Headphones not working and Realtek HD Audio Manager

Hello,

Thank you for updating us on the above issue.

Please reply:

• Did you check if your headphones work on other device?
    • Did you check if your headphone drivers are detected under Device manager?

I suggest you to check if similar issue persists on connecting the same headphones to another computer. If the issue does not persists, I suggest you to check if the headphone drivers are detected under Device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard select
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs option and check if the headphone drivers are visible in the window.
    • Right-click on the headphone driver and select Update this software
      option.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
    • Close the window after the update is complete and check if the changes are effective.

If the headphone drivers are not visible, I suggest you to download and install the latest and most compatible driver software from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the above issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 23, 2019
Thema:

Audio Issues- headphones and realtek

1. Audio Issues- headphones and realtek - Similar Threads - Audio Issues headphones

2. Realtek Audio issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio issues: Realtek Audio speakers, Windows 11My audio drivers had disappeared once and made the system unable to detect the speakers. After reinstalling the drivers, the problem was fixed... temporarily. A few hours later, the sound vanished from my computer - even though the drivers...
  3. Realtek Audio issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio issues: Realtek Audio speakers, Windows 11My audio drivers had disappeared once and made the system unable to detect the speakers. After reinstalling the drivers, the problem was fixed... temporarily. A few hours later, the sound vanished from my computer - even though the drivers...
  4. Realtek Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Issues: Hey, I'm having a bunch of issues with Nvidia broadcast RTX Voice and Realtek Audio. I have a new Acer Swift X model number SFX14-41G. When Nvidia broadcast is installed, the sound settings glitches out and prohibits you from switching the input or output devices and also...
  5. Realtek Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Audio Issues: Hey, I'm having a bunch of issues with Nvidia broadcast RTX Voice and Realtek Audio. I have a new Acer Swift X model number SFX14-41G. When Nvidia broadcast is installed, the sound settings glitches out and prohibits you from switching the input or output devices and also...
  6. Realtek Speaker/Headphones Audio

Realtek Speaker/Headphones Audio: Hi, I have Windows 10 21H1 installed on my PC. I have a issue with Realtek Audio. I want to use both - my computer's inbuilt speaker and Headphones but am unable to do so. When I connect my headphones, I get audio output from my headphones, but If I want to change it to my...
  7. Realtek audio issues

Realtek audio issues: I think it's a driver issue, basically, I have a choice of 2 drivers: High Definition Audio Device and Realtek High Definition Audio. When I'm using HDAD my mic makes a constant buzzing sound that Discord and OBS can pick up, the solution for this is to go to the mic in...
  8. Realtek Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek Audio Issues: I got a new computer with Windows 10 on it just yesterday, and I'm already having issues with my headset. I had accidentally set the microphone for it as a headset when the settings thing popped up. So I tried looking for a solution for that, and all I found was Microsoft...
  9. Realtek Audio issue

Realtek Audio issue: Hey, new here, any help would be fantastic!! Sys: Dell Studio XPS 8100, MB: OT568R/DH57M01 BIOS: A05,Legacy CPU: Intel i7 860 Mem:8gb, DDR3 GPU:AMD Radeon 6770 OS: Win10 10.0.19042 Audio I/O driver: MS 10.0.19041.1 12/06/19, Realtek audio driver: 6.0.1.6299...
  10. Realtek Audio issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Realtek Audio issue: Hey, new here, any help would be fantastic!! Sys: Dell Studio XPS 8100, MB: OT568R/DH57M01 BIOS: A05,Legacy CPU: Intel i7 860 Mem:8gb, DDR3 GPU:AMD Radeon 6770 OS: Win10 10.0.19042 Audio I/O driver: MS 10.0.19041.1 12/06/19, Realtek audio driver: 6.0.1.6299...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek speakers/headphones windows 10

2. realtek audio driver headphone issue