Windows 10: audio issues in some games

Discus and support audio issues in some games in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using windows 10 1809 in a variety of machines Halo: Combat Evolved has issues with the dialog, not sure if there is a codec missing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HARDCORE GAMES™, Dec 31, 2018.

1. audio issues in some games

I am using windows 10 1809 in a variety of machines

Halo: Combat Evolved has issues with the dialog, not sure if there is a codec missing

Freelancer also has some similar issues with spoken dialog

i tried installing dx9 fresh no help

any ideas what is missing to get the games working like normal?

:)

HARDCORE GAMES™, Dec 31, 2018
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

No audio in 'Asphalt 7: Heat'

Hi Moezul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Does the audio work in other applications?

If you are not able to hear the audio in any applications. I would suggest to check with the steps below and see if it resolves your issue.

Steps:

1. Check if the audio driver is updated. Follow the steps mentioned in the article to update audio drivers.

Update drivers in Windows 10

2. The issue can occur if the appropriate playback device is not selected. Click the
      Sound icon (bottom right corner of the screen), click Playback device and select the appropriate device from the menu.
    3. Check the In-game audio settings to confirm if the sound is turned
      on.
    4. Check the Volume levels in the system's Volume Mixer to confirm that it is not turned
      off and the levels are appropriate. Right click on the Sound icon and select
      Open volume mixer. Adjust the settings as per your requirements.

If the audio issue is only with the game, I would suggest to get in touch with the
    game developer
    to get a confirmation on this.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Dec 31, 2018
  3. Game Audio

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

1. Does the audio not play while playing the games?

2. If so, are there any settings within the game to adjust the volume of the game?

3. Is the issue specific only to these two games?

As you have tried updating the audio drivers, I would suggest you to try uninstalling the driver and have Windows automatically install the most compatible version of driver by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + R

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

3. Expand sound, video and game controllers

4. Right click on the driver and uninstall it.

5. Restart the computer.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Dec 31, 2018
  4. audio issues in some games

Issue with Gaming resolution in Lumia 535.

Hi Balavarisrikanth,

• What is the exact issue are you facing games? Is it a online game or playing through any app?
    • Is this issue specific to any game?
    • Do you get any error message while trying to play?
    If you are facing this issue with store games, I suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the below article and check if this helps.

Lumia troubleshooting and repair

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10280/lumia-troubleshooting-and-repair

Note: From the above link navigate to Other problem
    > Problem not listed in the troubleshooting tool and try the steps.

Kindly let us know the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

audio issues in some games

1. audio issues in some games - Similar Threads - audio issues games

2. Strange audio bug in some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange audio bug in some games: I don't know if it's a Windows problem, or a problem with the games, but I've already sent support requests to the game supports to see if I can get answers there. Another possible issue could be windows, either me not having something set right, not having something...
  3. Strange audio bug in some games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange audio bug in some games: I don't know if it's a Windows problem, or a problem with the games, but I've already sent support requests to the game supports to see if I can get answers there. Another possible issue could be windows, either me not having something set right, not having something...
  4. Audio / Microphone Issues while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio / Microphone Issues while gaming: Hello, I have recently had issues with my computer. As of recent anything that uses a microphone in my computer, a game, zoom, YouTube, OBS studio, Discord starts to weirdly play the audio whenever I turn my mic on. This issue has been going on for me from past 2 weeks and is...
  5. Game Capture Audio Issue: Choppy, Muffled Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Capture Audio Issue: Choppy, Muffled Audio: Hello! I have successfully streamed console games from my PS5 and Switch on Twitch via OBS for about two years now. Recently however, I have been unable to get quality game audio in my stream or recordings. I tested the issue outside of OBS in Audacity and found it has the...
  6. Game Capture Audio Issue: Choppy, Muffled Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Capture Audio Issue: Choppy, Muffled Audio: Hello! I have successfully streamed console games from my PS5 and Switch on Twitch via OBS for about two years now. Recently however, I have been unable to get quality game audio in my stream or recordings. I tested the issue outside of OBS in Audacity and found it has the...
  7. Audio on some games not working, otherwise fine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio on some games not working, otherwise fine: On most of the games I have the audio simply doesn't work, yet on everything else, youtube, spotify etc it works normally? Any ideas on how I can fix this? submitted by /u/hugo823 [link] [comments]...
  8. Bluetooth Audio Distortion on some games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth Audio Distortion on some games: My bluetooth audio gets distorted for some games like Cyberpunk and Red Dead but it's sounds fine with Dark souls 3 and Sekiro. Can anyone help me? submitted by /u/kiddfrommars [link] [comments]...
  9. No audio in some games and error executing dxsetup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio in some games and error executing dxsetup: I am having issues with somenot all games that i have installed where i dont have any audio at all while playing , so i did a little research and i was told to download and setup the directx end-user runtime , the problem is that i receive an error and when i check the...
  10. No Audio for some Games after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Audio for some Games after Windows Update: I have recently installed the Windows 10 Update, after the restart there was no audio on the system for all the apps and games, even when I try to play a Video on YouTube it shows some error I don't remember the error message. Then I uninstalled the update and after the...