Windows 10: Audio issues in Surviving Mars and Warframe games

Discus and support Audio issues in Surviving Mars and Warframe games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have recently been running into some issues with some of my games for a while where some games using xaudio2 crash, have no sound or return an error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ThomasShorney, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Audio issues in Surviving Mars and Warframe games

I have recently been running into some issues with some of my games for a while where some games using xaudio2 crash, have no sound or return an error when I start them. I have tried a number of things that have worked for other people but I have had no luck myself.

I have made a list of games I have the issue with with any error messages I found:

Survivng Mars - XAudio2Create failed: 80040154

Are you running XAUDIO2_DEBUG_ENGINE without the DirectX SDK installed? The end-user REDIST only carries non-debug xaudio

Warframe - Could not initialize XAudio"! You must install the latest DirectX 9 runtime!

Stardew Valley - Following 2 erorrs found in event viewer

(Error 1)

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.InvalidOperationException

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.AudioEngine..ctor(System.String, System.TimeSpan, System.String)

at StardewValley.Game1.Initialize()

at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean)

at StardewValley.Program.Main(System.String[])

(Error 2)

Faulting application name: Stardew Valley.exe, version: 1.3.7000.39133, time stamp: 0x5c7af93c

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.145, time stamp: 0xf5733ace

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x001133d2

Faulting process ID: 0x2a68

Faulting application start time: 0x01d5253a1df08976

Faulting application path: D:\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley\Stardew Valley.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report ID: e6b70cab-a33e-4f82-aa43-c8220efbfdf5

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

Terraria - no obvious error

I have also made a list of things I have tried but haven't fixed the issue for me:

Compatability mode - no effect

Administrator mode - no effect

SFC and DSIM - no errors/effect

Safe mode - no effect

Running directx_Jun2010_redist - completes but doesn't seem to fix anything

Running dxwebsetup - says I have the latest version installed

Removing all xaudio2 files and transferring the files from known working PC - no effect

Reinstalling .net framework - no effect

Editing the DirectX regisrty back a version to try and trick a re-install - no reinstall occurs, still thinks its on the latest version.

The only idea I have left is to re-install windows and I would prefer that to be my last resort so if anyone has any ideas of what I can try please let me know.

Thanks in advance

*** Original title: xaudio2 issues Windows 10***

***Moved from Windows 10/Performance & system failure***

:)

ThomasShorney, Jun 18, 2019

2. No audio in some games in Windows 10

(Issue similar to No audio in newer games on Windows 10)

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit 10.1803.17134.345 on an MSI GV62VR 7RF laptop.
    (Intel HD 630, nVidia GTX 1060)

The problem started yesterday after there was a BSOD when bringing the laptop out of hibernation. Since then, there is no audio in many of my games. Audio works fine outside games.

List of games where audio works:

• Warframe
    • Killing Floor
    • Kingdom : Classic
    • Dirty Bomb
    • Heat Signature

List of games where audio doesn't work:

• GTA 4
    • Borderlands 2
    • Homefront : The Revolution
    • Plague Inc : Evolved
    • Hotline Miami 2

What I've tried:

• Checked dxdiag : No errors
    • Checked Device Manager : No warnings or anything
    • Reinstalled Realtek HD Audio drivers, both with the MSI OEM ones as well as latest generic ones from the Realtek site
    • Uninstalled Realtek audio drivers, used the Windows default ones
    • Uninstalled Nahimic 2.0 audio suite
    • Installed Nahimic 2.3.0, supposed to support the Windows 10 Anniversary update
    • Repaired DirectX through the redistributable package
    • Disabled each and both of the graphics cards from Device Manager
    • Updated both graphics card drivers
    • SFC /scannow
    • DISM, then SFC /scannow
    • Tried changing audio bitrate in Sound settings
    • Deselected allowing applications to take exclusive control.
    • Checked per-app volume settings (all default)
    • Spatial sound off
    • Windows Update to latest
    • No System Restore point available so no can do

What I've not tried: reinstalling Windows.

I tried mostly everything mentioned in the other question, however I don't have Sonic Studio on my MSI but I do have Nahimic, which is currently uninstalled.

Any suggestions are welcome.

supersonic_ht, Jun 18, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Play Surviving Mars Free May 16 to 19 with Xbox Live Gold

Source: Free Play Days: Build a Red Planet Colony This Weekend in Surviving Mars - Xbox Wire

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Brink, Jun 18, 2019
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

Audio issues in Surviving Mars and Warframe games

No audio in 'Asphalt 7: Heat'

Hi Moezul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Does the audio work in other applications?

If you are not able to hear the audio in any applications. I would suggest to check with the steps below and see if it resolves your issue.

Steps:

1. Check if the audio driver is updated. Follow the steps mentioned in the article to update audio drivers.

Update drivers in Windows 10

2. The issue can occur if the appropriate playback device is not selected. Click the
      Sound icon (bottom right corner of the screen), click Playback device and select the appropriate device from the menu.
    3. Check the In-game audio settings to confirm if the sound is turned
      on.
    4. Check the Volume levels in the system's Volume Mixer to confirm that it is not turned
      off and the levels are appropriate. Right click on the Sound icon and select
      Open volume mixer. Adjust the settings as per your requirements.

If the audio issue is only with the game, I would suggest to get in touch with the
    game developer
    to get a confirmation on this.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

Audio issues in Surviving Mars and Warframe games

1. Audio issues in Surviving Mars and Warframe games - Similar Threads - Audio issues Surviving

2. Wifi disconnects whenever I start up a game such as Valorant or Warframe.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi disconnects whenever I start up a game such as Valorant or Warframe.: When I log onto my computer my wifi is function, everything is fine, when I start up a game such as Valorant, my Wifi disconnects after around 2-3 minutes. On occasion, it will disconnect, I turn wifi off and on again, and it reconnects. However, most of the time it will just...
  3. Wifi disconnects whenever I start up a game such as Valorant or Warframe.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi disconnects whenever I start up a game such as Valorant or Warframe.: When I log onto my computer my wifi is function, everything is fine, when I start up a game such as Valorant, my Wifi disconnects after around 2-3 minutes. On occasion, it will disconnect, I turn wifi off and on again, and it reconnects. However, most of the time it will just...
  4. Valheim is the endless Viking survival game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Valheim is the endless Viking survival game: Valheim is the endless Viking survival game we have craved for years Valheim is the endless Viking survival game we have craved for years | Ars Technica Valheim is Steam's latest top-selling, out-of-nowhere indie game, and from some angles, it sure looks the part....
  5. Which is the best windows gaming laptop for WARFRAME?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which is the best windows gaming laptop for WARFRAME?: I have Chosen these Laptops Please Suggest Me Acer Predator Helios 300 Best Gaming Laptop MSI GV62 8RD Gaming Laptop Dell Inspiron 15 Better Gaming Experience Asus FX 504 TUF Gaming Laptop HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop MSI GS75 Stealth Best Gaming Laptop for Warframe MSI GE66...
  6. Ark survival saved game files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ark survival saved game files: Where can i find .ark save files. I checked localstate it has “maps” folder for “theisland” but i only see .pnt files. I would like to be able to do a really simple import to ark smartbreeder. Simple tasks that are doable on steam are near impossible with windows store games....
  7. Surviving the Aftermath is Coming to Xbox Game Preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surviving the Aftermath is Coming to Xbox Game Preview: Hello, Survivors! I’m thrilled to reveal the next game in our Surviving brand, Surviving the Aftermath! Launching on Xbox One late 2020, players who want to get in on the ground floor of the game’s development will be able to purchase the game on Xbox Game Preview later this...
  8. Play Surviving Mars Free May 16 to 19 with Xbox Live Gold

in Windows 10 News
    Play Surviving Mars Free May 16 to 19 with Xbox Live Gold: [ATTACH] Greetings fellow Earthlings! I hope you’re just as excited as we are about building a new home on Mars now that Surviving Mars is free for Xbox Live Gold members this weekend. If you were waiting to try it out, you can start building your first colony on the Red...
  9. audio issues in some games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio issues in some games: I am using windows 10 1809 in a variety of machines Halo: Combat Evolved has issues with the dialog, not sure if there is a codec missing Freelancer also has some similar issues with spoken dialog i tried installing dx9 fresh no help any ideas what is missing to get...
  10. ARK: SURVIVAL EVOLVED Ram Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ARK: SURVIVAL EVOLVED Ram Issues: Hey guys Basically I upgraded my Pc around 2 weeks ago (cpu, ram and motherboard) and ever since while playing Ark my Ram usage shoots through the roof, I used to run 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz on Ark and it would sit at average at 43% usage, now with the new Ram it...