Windows 10: Audio issues: My pc is attempting to connect to my monitor for sound, and does not...

Discus and support Audio issues: My pc is attempting to connect to my monitor for sound, and does not... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Pretty much all in the title. My pc is otherwise working fine. It may help to know that I'm using displayport to connect the gpu and monitor together,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JustinRule1, May 4, 2021.

1. Audio issues: My pc is attempting to connect to my monitor for sound, and does not...

Pretty much all in the title. My pc is otherwise working fine. It may help to know that I'm using displayport to connect the gpu and monitor together, and I don't think displayport is even capable of delivering sound...

:)

JustinRule1, May 4, 2021

2. dual monitors stops sound

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• When will the sound disable, when playing through main monitor or the extended monitor?
    • Did you try enabling the sound from the sound drivers and check if it helps?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    This issue causes because the monitor automatically takes the HDMI sound as the Default input. Disable and enable the speakers and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the volume control and then
      Properties
    • When you connect the HDMI it becomes the default output device, even though it has no speakers.
    • You need to change this back to "Speakers" and set as default.

Audio issues: My pc is attempting to connect to my monitor for sound, and does not... 277833d1379328243t-hdmi-monitor-no-speakers-no-sound-anywhere-when-connected-sound.png

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 4, 2021
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Audio output issue - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below:

If you’re facing sound issues on Envy 24 monitor speakers, you may try the steps listed in
    HP Flat Panel Monitors - Troubleshooting Sound Problems with Monitor Speakers

If the issue persists, you may update the chipset drivers for your PC and check if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 4, 2021
  4. Audio issues: My pc is attempting to connect to my monitor for sound, and does not...

Sound Not Working when connecting monitor via HDMI

Hi Eric,

As per the information provided, I suggest that you follow the steps below and check if the sound protrudes through the system.

1. Right click on the Sound Icon located on the notification area, and select Playback Devices.

2. Here while the monitor is plugged to the PC, select your monitor device.

3. Here highlight the device and click on Properties.

4. On the next window, under Device Usage, select Don't use this device (Disable).

5. Once done, follow steps 1 - 3, and instead of clicking on Properties click on Configure.

6. Follow the on screen instructions and check

Audio issues: My pc is attempting to connect to my monitor for sound, and does not... 277833d1379328243t-hdmi-monitor-no-speakers-no-sound-anywhere-when-connected-sound.png

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Audio issues: My pc is attempting to connect to my monitor for sound, and does not...

1. Audio issues: My pc is attempting to connect to my monitor for sound, and does not... - Similar Threads - Audio issues attempting

2. my sceptre monitor 035 does not have sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my sceptre monitor 035 does not have sound: my sceptre monitor 035 does not have sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-sceptre-monitor-035-does-not-have-sound/ef8af15b-8016-43ba-ba99-a89ebf8092bf
  3. My Second Monitor is not Connecting to my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Second Monitor is not Connecting to my PC: My updates are not updating for windows and this is causing my 2nd monitor to not connect to my PC. Ive tried to get a hold of an agent and no reply and nothing has worked....
  4. My Second Monitor is not Connecting to my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Second Monitor is not Connecting to my PC: My updates are not updating for windows and this is causing my 2nd monitor to not connect to my PC. Ive tried to get a hold of an agent and no reply and nothing has worked....
  5. My Second Monitor is not Connecting to my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Audio Jack on my PC does not work but the Audio Jack on my monitor is good.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Jack on my PC does not work but the Audio Jack on my monitor is good.: I want to use the Audio jack on my PC but there is no sound output from it. The only sound output that works comes from the monitor. I am using the Realtek audio sound driver along with the NVIDIA sound driver which seems to be the only one working. Any info would help....
  7. connect 3 monitors to my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connect 3 monitors to my pc: how I can connect 3 monitors to my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-3-monitors-to-my-pc/f098470f-17e7-4a15-84fb-3f0093f29ab0
  8. my audio / sound does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    my audio / sound does not work: I have a problem help my audio or sound does not work and I have not updated anything just since yesterday it does not work I was playing a game and I did not hear I thought it was for the game so I ignored it but today I played another game and it is not heard but I think...
  9. Why does my PC not connect to Monitor

Why does my PC not connect to Monitor: Purchased new monitor but my PC will not connect tried a new driver but sill need a new one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-pc-not-connect-to-monitor/ccc8235d-a01c-4282-819e-febd4c8b0976
  10. my audio does not playing sound

my audio does not playing sound: My audio speaker does not playing sound. I also connecting a speaker but it does not working either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-audio-does-not-playing-sound/1e77c228-0a48-49da-b09b-7f7226fdc0e7