Windows 10: Audio issues need help or advice

Discus and support Audio issues need help or advice in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey guys I’m really getting tired of trying to figure this out so I hope you can help. Sorry if this is kind of all over the place. So I recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/miji6, Aug 7, 2020.

1. /u/miji6 Win User

Audio issues need help or advice

Hey guys I’m really getting tired of trying to figure this out so I hope you can help. Sorry if this is kind of all over the place. So I recently bought a computer off a friend hoping to get gaming a little more. We usually play Warzone with discord but my audio issues are driving me crazy to the point where I don’t want to play cause I know something is not going to work. So I’ve been playing on my own today with headphones plugged into my monitor for sounds and that’s all good. However my mic isn’t picked up when I do this (separate audio & mic jacks) my computer is the same. With some of the rear computer jacks I can hear the audio but the mic is pretty much picking up that audio and playing it through the mic. I also tried using Bluetooth headphones. When I do this the Headset and Headphone options show up for sound. The mic only works with headset but the audio sounds like garbage but the mic works. The audio is so bad I really can’t hear what my friends are saying on discord. I have moderate-severe hearing loss so that makes it even worse. Ive also been having problems with discord for the last 2 years trying to play games with them where they can’t hear me. To sum it all up I’m getting so tired of running into audio problems and it’s really ruining my gaming experience.

A few things I’ve looked at as potential solutions (however not even sure if these would work) - buy external mic to use alongside plugged in headphones - buy audio splitter so I can have audio and mic use one jack - buy USB headphones - buy external speakers and use discord on my phone

All in all every solution will cost me more money. I just want to play games with friends but I’m always running into issues. So what do you guys think would be my best bet or is there any options I have missed.

submitted by /u/miji6
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/miji6, Aug 7, 2020

2. Audio not working! Need Help!!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.
    Method 2.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    If the above methods did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

I suggest you to go to the below link, select appropriate Windows operating system and download the audio driver and install same.

http://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/580/0/5/0gOdr7OTSYtNTbh2/45/

Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 7, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Aug 7, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Audio output issue

Hi,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible cause why your audio/video was not working. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating your driver?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run the troubleshooter in this
    article
    to resolve your sound issues. You may choose other troubleshooting steps by clicking the drop-down menu.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Aug 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Audio issues need help or advice - Similar Threads - Audio issues need

2. I need help or advice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help or advice: My pc will boot normally and everything hit it won’t connect to my monitor and my mouse also doesn’t work. I’ve tried restarting. The pc, fully powering everything down, checking connections on different ports tried removing all the peripherals and restarting, removing and...
  3. I need help or advice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help or advice: My pc will boot normally and everything hit it won’t connect to my monitor and my mouse also doesn’t work. I’ve tried restarting. The pc, fully powering everything down, checking connections on different ports tried removing all the peripherals and restarting, removing and...
  4. Need expert advice to fix this issue

Need expert advice to fix this issue: I cannot use the computer properly for 5 minutes. The problem occurred shortly after turning on the computer. Sometimes it hangs completely even if it runs for a while. Please someone write about its solution....
  5. need advice and help with my tower

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need advice and help with my tower: i have and older tower thats dell windows xp microsoft that im trying to get back up for my 74 year old friend and i needed a little help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-advice-and-help-with-my-tower/5cf17205-db85-4244-bc7a-90637708c87b
  6. need advice and help with my tower

need advice and help with my tower: i have and older tower thats dell windows xp microsoft that im trying to get back up for my 74 year old friend and i needed a little help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-advice-and-help-with-my-tower/5cf17205-db85-4244-bc7a-90637708c87b
  7. Voice chat issue /Need advice/

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voice chat issue /Need advice/: Like the title says, I keep having issues being in voice chat.. I play call of duty cold war/CS:GO and the microphone and headset works fine , however call of duty warzone, xbox party chat and discord just wont work, they can either hear me and I cant hear them or no one can...
  8. Advice needed on taskbar issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Advice needed on taskbar issue: Win 10 Home 10.0.18363 Build 18363 Somehow triggered a taskbar alteration I can't undo [img] Thx for a solution! 152541
  9. help please, need advice

help please, need advice: Hi guys, my dad is wanting to find some software to help write short storys on youtube. He has seen people videos where the books scrolls itself down the page like a virtual book, some have imagines like a word pad in the background, we have looked all over for some simple...
  10. Help and or advice needed

in Windows 10 Support
    Help and or advice needed: I am running Windows 10. I currently attach a hdmi cable from laptop to tv. Is it possible to stream one thing from laptop onto tv screen and simultaneously surf the net using laptop monitor? Thanks 39170