Windows 10: Audio issues on Windows 10 HP Laptop

Discus and support Audio issues on Windows 10 HP Laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Not sure if this is the right place to post, however I'm running out of ideas. Recently I've encountered a problem on my laptop where the audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Memmy347, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Audio issues on Windows 10 HP Laptop

Not sure if this is the right place to post, however I'm running out of ideas.

Recently I've encountered a problem on my laptop where the audio reduces significantly after a few seconds of playing. I'll start a video on YouTube at a certain volume (say, 60%), and after 2 to 5 seconds, the audio becomes very quiet very suddenly, while the volume slider itself remains on the original number. If say I pause the video and resume, the audio plays at the original volume for a few seconds before once again lowering. This applies to all of my apps (Chrome, Edge, Spotify, games...) and is really frustrating, however only occurs when I use the laptop's built in speaker, headphones and Bluetooth work fine.

I've tried everything at this point. Reinstalled audio drivers, removed all accessories from my laptop, and even reinstalled a fresh version of Windows to no avail. Could this issue be caused by the recent 2004 update, some other software, or maybe even hardware? Would be really grateful to anyone who could help me out, and I apologise if this is not the place to post my query.

submitted by /u/Memmy347
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Memmy347, Jun 30, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Audio output issue - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below:

If you’re facing sound issues on Envy 24 monitor speakers, you may try the steps listed in
    HP Flat Panel Monitors - Troubleshooting Sound Problems with Monitor Speakers

If the issue persists, you may update the chipset drivers for your PC and check if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jun 30, 2020
  3. The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I think today's windows update(stable channel) solves d issue

Cumulative Update KB4020102 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.332

• Addressed issue where, after installing the Creators Update, audio output through external decoders no longer works.
    bro, first of all....big thanx to dj urko...been following this thread...
    can i install this on my HP laptop which has realtek hardware id as mentioned down below
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0282&SUBSYS_103C2164&REV_1000
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0282&SUBSYS_103C2164

It comes with inbuilt DTS sound + from HP
    i'm currently using latest driver 8152.

Sai Sreekantt M, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Fabiano Win User

Audio issues on Windows 10 HP Laptop

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I have the lastest build 15063.332 with alc1220 and still can't get DTS or DD over optical with the latest asus drivers.

Fabiano, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Audio issues on Windows 10 HP Laptop

1. Audio issues on Windows 10 HP Laptop - Similar Threads - Audio issues Laptop

2. Audio is not working on Windows 10! HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio is not working on Windows 10! HP Laptop: Clean install of windows 10 audio is not working.It was working on windows 11 before.Tried methods:-Troubleshooting-Installing drivers didnt install showed error I tried installing recommended driver from hp assistant.Any reply would be appreciated. Thanks....
  3. Audio is not working on Windows 10! HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio is not working on Windows 10! HP Laptop: Clean install of windows 10 audio is not working.It was working on windows 11 before.Tried methods:-Troubleshooting-Installing drivers didnt install showed error I tried installing recommended driver from hp assistant.Any reply would be appreciated. Thanks....
  4. Audio is not working on Windows 10! HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop issues - Is it Windows or HP?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop issues - Is it Windows or HP?: I've been experiencing two very frustrating issues with my HP laptop over the past few months and no amount of troubleshooting has helped thus far. I'm not sure if it's an OS issue or hardware...1 My computer no longer wants to shutdown or stay asleep/hibernate anymore. If I...
  6. Laptop issues - Is it Windows or HP?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop issues - Is it Windows or HP?: I've been experiencing two very frustrating issues with my HP laptop over the past few months and no amount of troubleshooting has helped thus far. I'm not sure if it's an OS issue or hardware...1 My computer no longer wants to shutdown or stay asleep/hibernate anymore. If I...
  7. Audio issues in Windows 10 laptop

Audio issues in Windows 10 laptop: Hi everyone,I have got an annoying issue in my HP Windows 10 laptop. It's version 21H1. Neither the microphone nor the speaker is working. At first, I just had issue in the microphone. But, I tried the suggestion of updating the audio driver and got my speaker not functioning...
  8. No Audio HP laptop windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Audio HP laptop windows 10: Recently I am facing an issue with my laptop speaker. Immediately after the windows update the audio goes off. When I pair my headphones via Bluetooth, the audio works, but when it's through my laptop speaker it doesn't work. It happened once during the month of December, not...
  9. Windows 10 HP Laptop: Audio malfunction

Windows 10 HP Laptop: Audio malfunction: Last June, I replaced my 1TB hard disk after breaking it. I currently have 500GB hard disk. Several months soon after, my laptop's audio started to malfunction until today. I believe I've already tried literally all solutions, from updating my windows system to updating the...
  10. "No Audio Output Device is Installed" issue on HP Laptop, Windows 10 v1803

"No Audio Output Device is Installed" issue on HP Laptop, Windows 10 v1803: Before anything else, I want to state that I've already tried the following methods to troubleshoot this: - Uninstalling and reinstalling Intel(R) Display Audio driver. (only audio driver that showed) - Searching for driver updates. - Clicking on the small sound tab with a...