Windows 10: Audio Issues - Quiet & no detection of headphones

Discus and support Audio Issues - Quiet & no detection of headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Everyone Im new to the forum I hope I have posted this in the right place. Im having audio problems that I have been unable to resolve I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by oneshotko, Nov 18, 2015.

1. oneshotko Win User

Audio Issues - Quiet & no detection of headphones

Hi Everyone Im new to the forum I hope I have posted this in the right place.

Im having audio problems that I have been unable to resolve I have looked around on google and found some so called solutions but nothing has worked for me so far, I have posted my pc specs and problem below.
    So since I upgraded to Windows 10 one of the biggest things that annoys me is when I plug in headphones they are not picked up by my pc and I have to manually switch to them as default audio using the Playback devices menu. On Windows 7 I had a Audio Control panel that popped up and detected the headphones.
    Im also having issues with the volume sounding low throughout and terrible call quality on skype not sure if this is a separate issue, I have tryed manually updating, removing & reinstalling the audio drivers from the device manager and also tryed downloading the realtek windows 10 drivers. None of these have seemed to help, I have tryed software that detects out of date drivers to no help and also made sure other components on my pc are updated incase this somehow helped.

If you need anymore details or more pc specs let me know.

PC Specs-
    POWER SUPPLY - atx power supply stp 650watt
    MOTHERBOARD - asus P8B75-M LX
    Ram - 8GB
    CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
    GPU - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
    Harddrive - 1TB Operating
    Headphones - Fatal1ty Creative
    System Microsoft Windows 10 (build 10240), 64-bit Version 10.0.10240
    Sound Device 1 NVIDIA High Definition Audio Driver Version 1.3.34.4
    Sound Device 2 NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device (Wave Extensible) (WDM) Driver Version 1.2.31.0
    Sound Device 3 VIA HD Audio(Win 10) Driver Version 6.0.11.1100

Thanks

:)

oneshotko, Nov 18, 2015

2. Problem with my Mic and Headphones not working together on my Headphones.

I own a pair of Audio Technica ATH-ax3is headphones. I recently bought a
    HDE 4-Pin 3.5mm AUX Female to Dual 3-Pin 3.5mm AUX Male Headset Cable Splitter so
    that I could use my mic and speakers on the headphones simultaneously. Well when I hook everything up, it detects the mic and audio separately and when I have just the sound
    in it works great but when I put in the mic part the audio echos in to the mic and my voice gets quiet and scratchy. I know it is not the headphones because, I use them on my phone and they work find. I am currently using Windows 10.

LucaRallis, Nov 18, 2015
  3. Problems with Nokia Lumia 635 & it's TRS Port

I am having an issue with the TRS female port (3.5mm audio jack) on my Nokia Lumia 635. Earlier today, my Coloud Pop in-ear headphones was working just fine with the 635. Somehow (maybe a hardware problem), the phone will not detect the headphones (again,
    maybe it's a hardware problem). I tested the phone with different headphones as well as testing the headphones on various items with a TRS female port. The headphones still work like brand new & the phone can detect other headsets, but it will not detect the
    Coloud Pop headphones. Currently, I have no answer to this problem. If anyone has had a similar incident & had this issue resolved, please let me know.

Jeffrey_P_Ford, Nov 18, 2015
  4. jds63 Win User

I usually found had to switch between speakers and headphones either in sound properties or through sound device software to make them work. Could depend on type you are using, USB headphones or 3.5mm headphone jack or larger. One thing should of listed was brand and model of headphones. Some headphones USB come with software and drivers.

jds63, Nov 18, 2015
  5. oneshotko Win User

I have added the brand of heapdhone, think they are pretty old. I did find a driver for them which seemed to change something as I now have to disable my speakers from the sound settings for it to swich over to the headphones. Maybe its time to upgrade lol and they are not usb just a standard jack.

Thanks

oneshotko, Nov 18, 2015
  6. jds63 Win User
    Yes, some of these have both USB and 3.5mm jack come with an adapter.Usually the creative software may have the switch to bring it to headphone. All i know have to switch it over each time unless software do it automatically which i doubted. Check Creatives site under this brand should have something close to the latest software drivers. Sound quality might depend on settings in the creative software.
    I had a pair awhile back of creative's like this.

jds63, Nov 18, 2015
  7. jds63 Win User
    What sound device is in system, you have NVIDIA drivers listed ?

jds63, Nov 18, 2015
  8. spapakons Win User

If you have VIA HD audio, you need VIA drivers, the Realtek don't work as they should (if at all). Go at VIA download site and select 1) Microsoft Windows, 2) Windows 10, 3) Audio, 4) VIA Vinyl HD Audio codecs. Direct link is here.

spapakons, Nov 18, 2015
  9. jds63 Win User
    NVIDIA was put in there because you have a NVIDIA Graphics Card and it's software drivers installed, but what i wanted to know is what sound device as it seems do not have those drivers installed way you have it listed.

jds63, Nov 18, 2015
  10. spapakons Win User
    USB headphones have their own independent sound card, so you need drivers for these. Analog (mini-jack) headphones plug on the sound card, so you need drivers for the sound card instead. Which kind do you have?

Also have in mind that some applications have to be manually set to change the audio output when you have multiple audio cards. They do not always use what it is currently connected.

spapakons, Nov 19, 2015
  11. jds63 Win User

jds63, Nov 19, 2015
  12. jds63 Win User
    jds63, Nov 19, 2015
  13. spapakons Win User

spapakons, Nov 19, 2015
  14. jds63 Win User
    One i showed was only fatality 1 unless Pro version, looks like they are USB at least ones i showed

jds63, Nov 19, 2015
  15. oneshotko Win User
    You sir are a gent, this is it fixed Audio Issues - Quiet & no detection of headphones :) it also installed the control panel and I set it up to auto switch to headphones when plugged in thanks very much dude.

oneshotko, Nov 19, 2015
Thema:

1. Audio Issues - Quiet & no detection of headphones - Similar Threads - Audio Issues Quiet

2. Headphones detected, but not playing audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones detected, but not playing audio: I've been using these wired headphones for months with no issues. Suddenly, they stopped playing audio when connected to my laptop Legion 5 82JW. I have updated my drivers, turned up the levels in Control Panel, with no success. I even reinstalled Windows 11, to no avail. I...
  3. Headphones detected, but not playing audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones detected, but not playing audio: I've been using these wired headphones for months with no issues. Suddenly, they stopped playing audio when connected to my laptop Legion 5 82JW. I have updated my drivers, turned up the levels in Control Panel, with no success. I even reinstalled Windows 11, to no avail. I...
  4. Quiet Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quiet Audio: So, I Believe My Audio Just Got Quieter, Either That Or My Ears Adjusted To The VolumeI Realized In The Middle Of A Video That My Audio Did Not Sound As Loud As Normal, I Do Use A Audio Enhancer So Idk If That Has Anything To Do With It. But This Is The First Time It's Done...
  5. Quiet Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quiet Audio: So, I Believe My Audio Just Got Quieter, Either That Or My Ears Adjusted To The VolumeI Realized In The Middle Of A Video That My Audio Did Not Sound As Loud As Normal, I Do Use A Audio Enhancer So Idk If That Has Anything To Do With It. But This Is The First Time It's Done...
  6. Audio/Headphone Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio/Headphone Issues: Hello, after a recent update my headphones have been acting up. The right speaker will simply not play. I've tried it on my other devices and the headphones work fine. Unfortunately they are the only pair I have, so I couldn't test another one to see if the issue is tied to...
  7. Headphones/audio issues

Headphones/audio issues: Video playback is only going through speakers, will not play through headphones. received test notes through headphones, so they do work, how do I fix video playback to work properly?...
  8. Headphones Audio Very Quiet.

Headphones Audio Very Quiet.: Hi all. For the first time in a long time I decided to plug In earphones into my desktop. The audio I get out of it is very quiet and at full volume I have very limited sound. I tried updating drivers, disabling all audio enhancements and nothing is working. These are brand...
  9. Audio jack not detecting headphones

in Cortana
    Audio jack not detecting headphones: So my headphones work fine i plugged them into my other pc and they worked. i've had this computer for about 4 months, it's never had this problem, i unplugged it to use in my other pc, but then when i plugged it back in it didn't show up as an audio device, i tried...
  10. Audio issues with headphone

Audio issues with headphone: This only happens with headphones plugged in whenever I pause a video after a minute there will be a pop sound in the left ear; when I hit play the pop sound happens again and there's no sound for 2-3 seconds and then it comes in. I changed the driver from realtek to the...