Windows 10: Audio Issues - Quiet & no detection of headphones

Discus and support Audio Issues - Quiet & no detection of headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Thank you! I am a technician and have done the same error, trying to make a VIA card work with Realtek drivers, so I now know *Smile Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by oneshotko, Nov 18, 2015.

1. spapakons Win User

Audio Issues - Quiet & no detection of headphones

Thank you! I am a technician and have done the same error, trying to make a VIA card work with Realtek drivers, so I now know *Smile

spapakons, Nov 19, 2015
  2. oneshotko Win User

Ok Im having a new problem I purchased some new headphones they are "Plantronics GameCom 788 USB PC/Gaming Headset " The microphone is super sensitive it picks up my breathing and every click of my mouse or touch any keys. I have installed the correct drivers for it from there offical website. The problem is If I try and adjust the microphone volume below like 95 its so quiet no one can hear me any higher and it's too loud Im really not having much luck with audio it seems. Can anyone save my bacon thanks.

Thanks

oneshotko, Nov 24, 2015
  3. spapakons Win User
    Right-click on the volume icon and select Recording Devices. Click on the microphone input and select Properties. In some tab (in my computer is Custom) there should be a Boost setting. Disable it and try again. If it is not enabled, then enable it and see if that works better.

spapakons, Nov 24, 2015
  4. oneshotko Win User

Thanks for your help but there is not a boost option only a option to adjust the volume of the microphone.

oneshotko, Nov 25, 2015
  5. spapakons Win User
    See if your mic has a bad contact in the mic in port. A bad contact can cause interference or level issues.

spapakons, Nov 25, 2015
  6. oneshotko Win User
    When you say mic port do you mean where I plug them in because they are usb headphones. I have tryed plugging into different usb slots but still the same problem.

Thanks

oneshotko, Nov 25, 2015
  7. spapakons Win User
    Don't they have a level switch on them? If they do, try setting level from there.

spapakons, Nov 25, 2015
  8. oneshotko Win User

There is a volume control on the headphones for the headset volume but nothing for the mic, I can adjust the mic volume in windows or voice program im using but it's either too quiet or too loud.

Thanks

oneshotko, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Audio Issues - Quiet & no detection of headphones - Similar Threads - Audio Issues Quiet

2. Headphones detected, but not playing audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones detected, but not playing audio: I've been using these wired headphones for months with no issues. Suddenly, they stopped playing audio when connected to my laptop Legion 5 82JW. I have updated my drivers, turned up the levels in Control Panel, with no success. I even reinstalled Windows 11, to no avail. I...
  3. Headphones detected, but not playing audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones detected, but not playing audio: I've been using these wired headphones for months with no issues. Suddenly, they stopped playing audio when connected to my laptop Legion 5 82JW. I have updated my drivers, turned up the levels in Control Panel, with no success. I even reinstalled Windows 11, to no avail. I...
  4. Quiet Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quiet Audio: So, I Believe My Audio Just Got Quieter, Either That Or My Ears Adjusted To The VolumeI Realized In The Middle Of A Video That My Audio Did Not Sound As Loud As Normal, I Do Use A Audio Enhancer So Idk If That Has Anything To Do With It. But This Is The First Time It's Done...
  5. Quiet Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quiet Audio: So, I Believe My Audio Just Got Quieter, Either That Or My Ears Adjusted To The VolumeI Realized In The Middle Of A Video That My Audio Did Not Sound As Loud As Normal, I Do Use A Audio Enhancer So Idk If That Has Anything To Do With It. But This Is The First Time It's Done...
  6. Audio/Headphone Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio/Headphone Issues: Hello, after a recent update my headphones have been acting up. The right speaker will simply not play. I've tried it on my other devices and the headphones work fine. Unfortunately they are the only pair I have, so I couldn't test another one to see if the issue is tied to...
  7. Headphones/audio issues

Headphones/audio issues: Video playback is only going through speakers, will not play through headphones. received test notes through headphones, so they do work, how do I fix video playback to work properly?...
  8. Headphones Audio Very Quiet.

Headphones Audio Very Quiet.: Hi all. For the first time in a long time I decided to plug In earphones into my desktop. The audio I get out of it is very quiet and at full volume I have very limited sound. I tried updating drivers, disabling all audio enhancements and nothing is working. These are brand...
  9. Audio jack not detecting headphones

in Cortana
    Audio jack not detecting headphones: So my headphones work fine i plugged them into my other pc and they worked. i've had this computer for about 4 months, it's never had this problem, i unplugged it to use in my other pc, but then when i plugged it back in it didn't show up as an audio device, i tried...
  10. Audio issues with headphone

Audio issues with headphone: This only happens with headphones plugged in whenever I pause a video after a minute there will be a pop sound in the left ear; when I hit play the pop sound happens again and there's no sound for 2-3 seconds and then it comes in. I changed the driver from realtek to the...