Windows 10: Audio Issues relating to being in a Voice Call

Discus and support Audio Issues relating to being in a Voice Call in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! Ever since I started using Bluetooth headphones, I've been having audio issues relating to being in a voice call or joining one. Let me give an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kayleb Van Hoozer, Jul 22, 2021.

1. Audio Issues relating to being in a Voice Call

Hello! Ever since I started using Bluetooth headphones, I've been having audio issues relating to being in a voice call or joining one. Let me give an example.I can be watching YouTube, or playing a game or something and I'll hop into a Discord call, or using voice chat anywhere, and all of a sudden all I can hear now is the voices playing from the voice call, as it mutes all other audio. This applies to audio coming from the same application I'm using to do this, like games with built-in mic support for teams, like Fortnite.I've tried multiple ways I've seen online to try and fix this issue,

:)

Kayleb Van Hoozer, Jul 22, 2021

2. Perfomance related issues related to audio in Windows

Hello Cyndieaa,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

To be able to assist you better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• How did you upgrade to Windows 10? Was it using Windows update or via Media Creation Tool?
    • Do you have any System Restore point set in your PC prior to the issue?
    • Does the issue occur randomly or under any particular circumstances?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check for the recent Windows update you are referring to in this case. To do so, you need to check the settings through Windows update. Follow the below steps.

1. Open the Settings Charm with the shortcut Windows Key
    Audio Issues relating to being in a Voice Call Windows_Key.png
    +
    I.

2. Click/tap Change PC settings.

3. Click on the Update and recovery and click on the
    View your update history

4. You will now see a list of your installed Windows Updates. If you click on any one of the
    "Successfully installed on (date)" links , you will find more details for that update.

Now, follow the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Follow these steps to run the Windows in built troubleshooter to identify any potential driver related issues present in your PC.

a) Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b) Click on Troubleshooting
    tab.

c) Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

d) Select the Hardware and Device
    option from the list.

e) Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
    Troubleshooter.

Method 2

Now if updating the audio device driver did not help, I suggest you to check if rolling back the driver helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps.

• First of all, Press Windows logo + R from keyboard. It will open
      RUN.
    • Now type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open Device Manager.
    • You will see all the driver list of your PC. Expand Audio Adapters

Rollback driver

Double click on your audio driver in Device Manager. Then Click on
    Driver tab
    and select Rollback.

Important: If your drive is performing well and there is no error, Rollback driver button will be grayed out as an option.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 22, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Are there any other voices for Narrator in the Ease of Access in Windows 10?

Hi Melody,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type narrator in the search bar and press enter.

• Click on voices

• And select find other voices that work with Narrator.
    Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Jul 22, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Audio Issues relating to being in a Voice Call

Audio issues in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided in the link?
    There issue might have occurred due to corrupted drivers or incorrect settings. I suggest you to try the steps and check if it helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

Audio Issues relating to being in a Voice Call

1. Audio Issues relating to being in a Voice Call - Similar Threads - Audio Issues relating

2. Audio turns muffled when i join a voice call.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio turns muffled when i join a voice call.: When im in a voice call, google meet web, whatsapp, etc my audio turns muffled. I can still somewhat hear voices clearly, but at lower quality and there is a significant difference of the voice audio quality when im not in the voice call vs in the voice call. As for music,...
  3. Audio issues when calling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio issues when calling: I did a call recently to watch some videos with someone and my audio got weird. I know that this happens when the setting for communications is set to do that for either the laptop or what you're using to call in this case, we tried Discord and Messenger but those settings...
  4. Audio issues when calling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio issues when calling: I did a call recently to watch some videos with someone and my audio got weird. I know that this happens when the setting for communications is set to do that for either the laptop or what you're using to call in this case, we tried Discord and Messenger but those settings...
  5. Whats app Voice call Audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Whats app Voice call Audio device: I am using whatsapp desktop and when i want to use Voice or Video call i receive an error show : whatsapp Could not find a connected audio device. Whast app needs an audio output device for call. Connect one to your computer. While I have embedded audio device in my...
  6. Call audio being muted/paused automatically.

Call audio being muted/paused automatically.: I am having an issue with my call audio suddenly going out. I do work from home and have a phone program installed. I havent had any problem before, but suddenly whenever a call comes through, the system pops up in the top left corner and acts as though its pausing my spotify...
  7. Problem with voice calls

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with voice calls: Hello, I've been having a weird problem with any video chat I'm trying to have on my computer which are pretty necessary at the moment. I can see the people I'm trying to talk with, but I can't hear them. They can see/hear me. I've tried it on Skype, Discord, Zoom and...
  8. windows 10 facebook messenger no audio on voice call

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 facebook messenger no audio on voice call: Hello several months ago I got a call through facebook messenger on my windows 10 laptop (using google chrome) and everything worked fine. Made few more calls after that and everything worked and audio was very clear on my external speakers. A week ago I got a call from...
  9. Audio and video issue related to realtek

Audio and video issue related to realtek: So I keep getting this stuttery, slow mow action happening and it seems related to when I'm running realtek. When I just go in and switch to pc speakers sans realtek no issues. I found a video online with a quick fix of uninstalling realtek and then restarting, which restalls...
  10. Audio issues, seemingly not driver related.

Audio issues, seemingly not driver related.: So, I transitioned flawlessly to Windows 10 on release day in 2015, everything was working flawlessly, beside the odd intermittent bug of little relevance. Now 1 year later things have been a lot less enjoyable. During this time of consistent updates, I've had numerous...