Windows 10: Audio issues - speakers and audio jack are not working - Surface Laptop 3

Discus and support Audio issues - speakers and audio jack are not working - Surface Laptop 3 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have tried most things i could find to get the speakers and audio jack to work but they will not. I have tried uninstalling the drivers and reseting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IM42, May 15, 2021.

1. IM42 Win User

Audio issues - speakers and audio jack are not working - Surface Laptop 3

I have tried most things i could find to get the speakers and audio jack to work but they will not. I have tried uninstalling the drivers and reseting the pc, checking to see if there are any other audio outputs connected there is not and have factory reset recovery the pc twice with no luck. Beforehand the keyboard had randomly stopped working too, and when i had done a factory reset to fix this problem that was when i lost the sound from the speakers and audio jack.the speakers/audio jack in question are the Realtek ones.I have had this laptop for under 6 months and so upset th

:)

2. 1jrj1 Win User

audio jack not working with windows 10 on surface 3

Thanks for your response. I determined that the surface 3 itself is ok for both internal speakers and audio jack. The issue is with the surface 3 docking station audio jack which did work prior to windows 10 upgrade. Solution? Thanks.

1jrj1, May 15, 2021
  3. 1jrj1 Win User
    audio jack not working with windows 10 on surface 3

When I upgraded to windows 10 on my surface 3, the audio jack for external speakers stopped working. I have tried each of the recommended fixes and nothing is working. Extremely frustrating! Is this an issue specific to surface or? Is there nothing
    I can do in order to get this working? Very surprised that such a basic function will not work with the upgrade. Hope someone can help.

1jrj1, May 15, 2021
  4. Calvin D Win User

Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working

The audio jacks stopped working and it is not a hardware problem.

1. Multiple headsets do not get audio output from both of the audio jacks on the computer and the headsets are confirmed to be working, so it's the computer's problem.
    2. The audio output through a DisplayPort monitor's audio jack and monitors' speakers still work, so the computer can still produce audio. The monitor's audio jack is not an option.
    3. Both audio jacks stopped working at the same time despite only one being in use, so it's not hardware.
    What is the problem and what is the solution?

Calvin D, May 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Audio issues - speakers and audio jack are not working - Surface Laptop 3 - Similar Threads - Audio issues speakers

2. Audio jack issue: headphones not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio jack issue: headphones not working: Hello, I'm having a strange issue with my Windows 10 laptop where I am plugging my headphones into the audio jack, but it doesn't seem to recognize it. However, it gets weird. If I restart my laptop with the headphones in the audio jack, it works when the laptop goes on just...
  3. Speakers not working in Surface laptop 3

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speakers not working in Surface laptop 3: In my Surface laptop 3 not sure why speakers are not working, after troubleshooting i am getting following error. What do I have to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speakers-not-working-in-surface-laptop-3/5a0c8c81-331e-4223-a665-1ab8014aaa13
  4. Speakers not working in Surface laptop 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers not working in Surface laptop 3: In my Surface laptop 3 not sure why speakers are not working, after troubleshooting i am getting following error. What do I have to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speakers-not-working-in-surface-laptop-3/5a0c8c81-331e-4223-a665-1ab8014aaa13
  5. Speakers not working in Surface laptop 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. My laptop speaker and audio jack not working

My laptop speaker and audio jack not working: Hi!My laptop speaker and audio jack suddenly stopped working at the same time, instead of sounds it's just crackles or popping sounds. When I'm using BlueTooth it's working fine. I've tried to update the drivers but nothing changed and when I use the default there's no sound...
  7. Audio "Jack Information" for the speakers

Audio "Jack Information" for the speakers: Hello ,i have PC speakers 5.1 Creative Inspire T5900. T5900Windows 10, motherboard asus g97m-e.In windows "sound/speakers properties", windows don't recognize them as 5.1 speakersI think it has to be like thisAll 3 wires from the speakers are pluged in PC. Sound is coming...
  8. No Audio on Surface Laptop 3

No Audio on Surface Laptop 3: Hi, Not to long ago I opened up my surface laptop 3 to do some work, and after doing so, I noticed that there wasn't any audio coming out through the Laptop's speakers. I verified that the volume wasn't muted, reinstalled drivers, and made sure that there...
  9. Audio Problems With the Surface Laptop 3

Audio Problems With the Surface Laptop 3: No audio output/input device detected, trouble shooting doesn't work. In device manager the audio device option is not there, the sound option isn't either. Also up to date with any updates, cannot play any sound since the laptop 'doesn't know where to play it'. Seems it...
  10. Audio Jack Issues

Audio Jack Issues: Hi anyone who views this, I have recently bought myself a studio microphone (Vonyx CMS400 Studio Set / Condenser Microphone with Stand and Pop Filter) and wasn't prepared to use it along with my speaker system (Logitec Z213). I went out and got an audio spliter that allows...