Windows 10: Audio Issues when using 3.5mm audio jack.

Discus and support Audio Issues when using 3.5mm audio jack. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone, new member here, so I'm not too sure if this has been posted and/or resolved yet, but here goes: For some time now, I've been using USB-C... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LuisP, Feb 16, 2021.

1. LuisP Win User

Audio Issues when using 3.5mm audio jack.

Hi everyone, new member here, so I'm not too sure if this has been posted and/or resolved yet, but here goes:

For some time now, I've been using USB-C headphones that came with my Samsung phone last year, but I recently switched back to using the 3.5mm because of a new pair of headphones I just got.

Here's the problem, when I'm using Spotify or playing media on YouTube, the audio is full with the bass/mids/treble, but on video call for some reason it goes all thin and no mids. Turned off and uninstalled any potential enhancements and such to my audio, problem is still the same.

When I play Spotify during a video call, the audio suddenly goes back to normal again, but as soon as I open my web browser, it switches back to the horrible sound. It's as if opening my browser changes the EQ entirely.

I've reset all settings to default, removed any enhancements, and pretty much anything else I've seen to no avail.

:)

LuisP, Feb 16, 2021
  2. Calvin D Win User

Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working

The audio jacks stopped working and it is not a hardware problem.

1. Multiple headsets do not get audio output from both of the audio jacks on the computer and the headsets are confirmed to be working, so it's the computer's problem.
    2. The audio output through a DisplayPort monitor's audio jack and monitors' speakers still work, so the computer can still produce audio. The monitor's audio jack is not an option.
    3. Both audio jacks stopped working at the same time despite only one being in use, so it's not hardware.
    What is the problem and what is the solution?

Calvin D, Feb 16, 2021
  3. Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working

GAUTAM GOHIL

gautamgohil, Feb 16, 2021
  4. Audio Issues when using 3.5mm audio jack.

Windows 10: Issues with front audio jack

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the front audio jack. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Few more details would help us to assist you better.

1. "the computer stated that the front jack was the default communications device", when exactly do you get this message?

2. What is the make and model of the computer?

3. When you say sound works, are you saying that when you plug the headphones to the front audio port the computer doesn't recognize but the sound/audio plays in the headphone?

4. Did you make any software changes to the computer prior to this issue?

You may run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Right click on the start menu and select control panel.
    • In the category select small icons.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    You may also check if the headphone's 3.5mm jack is correctly installed (pushed deep) in the front audio port and check if the computer recognizes it.

You may try the given suggestions and get back with the results.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Feb 16, 2021
Thema:

Audio Issues when using 3.5mm audio jack.

1. Audio Issues when using 3.5mm audio jack. - Similar Threads - Audio Issues using

2. audio jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio jack: Hello, I bought a mic to use for a project I'm doing, but my Laptop Dell inspiron i5-5th doesn't recognize it. The mic description did say i could get an audio splitter ,which i did but it still doesnt recognize it. This isnt my first mic, so i'm quite sure it's not the...
  3. Audio issues - speakers and audio jack are not working - Surface Laptop 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio issues - speakers and audio jack are not working - Surface Laptop 3: I have tried most things i could find to get the speakers and audio jack to work but they will not. I have tried uninstalling the drivers and reseting the pc, checking to see if there are any other audio outputs connected there is not and have factory reset recovery the pc...
  4. Audio jack and bluetooth issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio jack and bluetooth issue: I am unable to enable or disable bluetooth. And my audio jack is not working. Eventhough, I plug-in headset, I can't hear through that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-jack-and-bluetooth-issue/fbb295c9-7e84-497f-9a9a-2ee5d0979969
  5. Audio Issues when using 3.5mm audio jack.

in Windows 10 Support
    Audio Issues when using 3.5mm audio jack.: Hi everyone, new member here, so I'm not too sure if this has been posted and/or resolved yet, but here goes: For some time now, I've been using USB-C headphones that came with my Samsung phone last year, but I recently switched back to using the 3.5mm because of a new pair...
  6. No bass when using rear audio jack

No bass when using rear audio jack: My front jack is damaged and I was using the rear jack while I can't fix the front one But I noticed the lack of bass when using the read jack. What's the matter with this? I'm using realtek HDA drivers version 9071.1 but other versions have the same result Motherboard ASUS...
  7. AUDIO JACK

AUDIO JACK: Whenever i plug in my headphones into my laptop i get a pop up message saying a headset has been detected but when i play any audio it plays on speaker and not in my headphones. What should be the problem?...
  8. AUDIO JACK

in Windows 10 Customization
    AUDIO JACK: WHEN I PLUG IN A HEADSET, THE POPUP CHOOSE AUDIO DEVICE IS NOT COMING AND IN MY PC THERE IS NO REALTEK HD AUDIO MANAGER. SO, PLEASE TELL WHAT I SHOULD DO I AM IN A VERY BIG PROBLEM...
  9. Audio Jack Issues

Audio Jack Issues: Hi anyone who views this, I have recently bought myself a studio microphone (Vonyx CMS400 Studio Set / Condenser Microphone with Stand and Pop Filter) and wasn't prepared to use it along with my speaker system (Logitec Z213). I went out and got an audio spliter that allows...
  10. No video when audio jack in use

No video when audio jack in use: I have a Windows 10 setup. All video, Netflix, MP4 etc works fine until I plug headphones or speakers into the aux jack, and then none of them work. Netflix reports fault, YouTube Sky hangs, MP4 players won't work. Everything works fine with Bluetooth. I have no idea...