Windows 10: Audio issues Windows 10 after connecting External monitor.

Discus and support Audio issues Windows 10 after connecting External monitor. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I purchased an Acer monitor KA271B. When connected to HP computer by HDMI cable, I get a picture, but no audio. Have worked for two days on it and am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by wil337, Apr 28, 2019.

1. wil337 Win User

Audio issues Windows 10 after connecting External monitor.

I purchased an Acer monitor KA271B. When connected to HP computer by HDMI cable, I get a picture, but no audio. Have worked for two days on it and am at my wits end. HELP!

***Modified Title from: acer monitor connection by HDMI no audio***

:)

wil337, Apr 28, 2019

2. Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers for Windows 10 (Dolby Digital Live/DTS Interactive)

windows 10 build 16184 fixed yeahhhhhhhhh
    ""
    • Some audio drivers have an “encoding Audio Processing Object” feature; this is commonly known as “Dolby Digital Live” or “DTS Connect”. This takes the output of the Windows audio engine mix, encodes it (as Dolby Digital, DTS, or some other format) and sends it out over a S/PDIF optical link for decoding by an external audio receiver. An issue was introduced which resulted in this feature no longer working, which is now fixed.
    • "

itachimendes, Apr 28, 2019
  3. Windows 10 upgrade: can no longer connect to an external monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the external monitor in Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

As you have tried most of the troubleshooting steps, let us know the following to assist you better:

• What exactly happens when you try to connect to the external display?
    • Were you able to see the light on the external monitor (Tuned on/ not)?
    • Is there any error message with this issue?

Step 1: As this may look very silly, I suggest you to check if the turned on or not, if it is on let us know the color of the light displayed.

Step 2: I suggest you to remove all the external devices except mouse and keyboard and try to perform clean boot to check if there is any issue with the device and to avoid any third party software conflict.

Disclaimer: Putting your system in
    Clean Boot
    state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Hope it helps. Please perform the above methods and update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

external monitors switch off randomly - possibly connected to Skype for Business usage?

Hi Robert,

It is possible that you're experiencing issues with your external monitors due to corrupted or outdated drivers. To assist you better, I'd like to gather more information:

• Are you using the same device when connecting your laptop to your external monitors?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?

Meanwhile, if not, I suggest that you follow the steps in this article about updating drivers in Windows

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Audio issues Windows 10 after connecting External monitor. - Similar Threads - Audio issues connecting

2. External monitors won't connect. Recurrent issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitors won't connect. Recurrent issue: I've tried all the steps to troubleshoot. This happens every 18 months or so. I can't fix it. Need help ASAP. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-monitors-wont-connect-recurrent-issue/b90b6a19-c17e-4e45-9c1c-eaed17d46cdb
  3. lap top external monitor connection issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lap top external monitor connection issue.: My HP lap top external monitor is disconnected and reconnected again automatically and non-regularly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lap-top-external-monitor-connection-issue/8cbd24f9-fa2d-426f-b010-398bb923965e
  4. WIFI connection issue with external monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI connection issue with external monitor: Hello,i am using Lenovo ideapad 3 laptopwindows 11, when i connect my laptop to external monitor.. then there is wifi connectivity issue.Issues observed:- Wifi detection issue,though there is full signal- frequent drop in network connection.- to be specific 2.4 gh freq is not...
  5. WIFI connection issue with external monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIFI connection issue with external monitor: Hello,i am using Lenovo ideapad 3 laptopwindows 11, when i connect my laptop to external monitor.. then there is wifi connectivity issue.Issues observed:- Wifi detection issue,though there is full signal- frequent drop in network connection.- to be specific 2.4 gh freq is not...
  6. Windows 10/External Monitor Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10/External Monitor Issue: So I have my gaming laptop hooked up to a external monitor and that is my main monitor, I have no intention to use the laptop monitor anymore. However, I do need to keep my laptop screen open slightly so that the air vents can function optimally. I originally had the laptop...
  7. External monitor is not connecting in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitor is not connecting in windows 10: After recent update my laptop is not detecting external monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-monitor-is-not-connecting-in-windows-10/24590d76-c527-4ce4-a25c-38bb72e97a9f
  8. External monitor audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    External monitor audio: I'm using a laptop with an external monitor. During online chat, when I share a video from the external monitor the audio from the external monitor can't be heard by the other party....
  9. Connect Windows 10's video/audio to external monitor/speaker

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Connect Windows 10's video/audio to external monitor/speaker: Hi all, I've got a windows 10 x64 laptop machine and am going to connect the display to an external monitor through a cable and the audio to external speakers via Bluetooth. And the purpose is, when a video is playing on the machine, to have its video and audio on those...
  10. Connect Windows 10's video/audio to external monitor/speaker

in Windows 10 Support
    Connect Windows 10's video/audio to external monitor/speaker: Hi all, I've got a windows 10 x64 laptop machine and am going to connect the display to an external monitor through a cable and the audio to external speakers via Bluetooth. And the purpose is, when a video is playing on the machine, to have its video and audio on those...