Windows 10: Audio issues with fresh install

Discus and support Audio issues with fresh install in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Fresh install of windows 10. I only get audio to work when i uninstall my audio drivers and restart. However, if I shut down without uninstalling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Planet Earth x, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Audio issues with fresh install

Fresh install of windows 10. I only get audio to work when i uninstall my audio drivers and restart. However, if I shut down without uninstalling drivers I get no audio on my next startup. It shows that sound is playing in the volume mixer, but there is no output. Usually able to find solutions on my own, but this one is stumping me.

:)

Planet Earth x, Jun 28, 2022

2. Audio issue windows 10

Hi Jakob,

Since the steps provided did not work. We suggest uninstalling the current driver, download a fresh copy of the audio driver, install and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Jun 28, 2022
  3. Audio Issues and Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

According to the issue description, the issue is related to audio recording. I suggest you to try troubleshooting recording audio and check if it helps:

I suggest you to run the Recording Audio
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Recording Audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    If issue persist, try installing audio driver in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the audio driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’
      and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    Hope this information helps. Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Jun 28, 2022
  4. Geethu B Win User

Audio issues with fresh install

Audio issues

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue may occur due to incorrect audio settings or corrupt or outdated audio driver.

Method 1:

I suggest you to try the steps in the article which will help to fix the common sound issues. Check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install latest audio driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.
    If Windows 10 drivers are not available, I would suggest you to install driver in compatibility mode.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers...a6000-desktop-pc-series/3376909/model/3419570

To install the audio driver
    in compatibility mode, I would suggest you to follow these steps:

a. Download the latest audio driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

b. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

c. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select latest Windows version from the drop down list.

e. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 28, 2022
Thema:

Audio issues with fresh install

1. Audio issues with fresh install - Similar Threads - Audio issues fresh

2. Audio issues with fresh install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio issues with fresh install: Fresh install of windows 10. I only get audio to work when i uninstall my audio drivers and restart. However, if I shut down without uninstalling drivers I get no audio on my next startup. It shows that sound is playing in the volume mixer, but there is no output. Usually...
  3. Audio issues with fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio issues with fresh install: Fresh install of windows 10. I only get audio to work when i uninstall my audio drivers and restart. However, if I shut down without uninstalling drivers I get no audio on my next startup. It shows that sound is playing in the volume mixer, but there is no output. Usually...
  4. Fresh install issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh install issue: I have searched but all the answers I have found involve an operating copy of windows. Is there any instructions or advice to get this laptop running on either the old drive or the new drive? I have installed a new hard drive WD_BLACK SN750 SE NVMe M.2 PCI-E 4.0 SSD, 1TB on...
  5. Fresh install issue

Fresh install issue: I have searched but all the answers I have found involve an operating copy of windows. Is there any instructions or advice to get this laptop running on either the old drive or the new drive? I have installed a new hard drive WD_BLACK SN750 SE NVMe M.2 PCI-E 4.0 SSD, 1TB on...
  6. Fresh install issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Issues with taskbar on fresh instal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with taskbar on fresh instal: I've just installed windows 10 on a new PC. At first I didn't get any audio, but a couple resets and driver reinstals did the trick. However, I've noticed that a couple of fairly important things are not working:Start menu Search optionAlt+TabCalendar pop-up the little window...
  8. Issues with taskbar on fresh instal

Issues with taskbar on fresh instal: I've just installed windows 10 on a new PC. At first I didn't get any audio, but a couple resets and driver reinstals did the trick. However, I've noticed that a couple of fairly important things are not working:Start menu Search optionAlt+TabCalendar pop-up the little window...
  9. Issues with taskbar on fresh instal

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Fresh install issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh install issues: Hi all, I'm having a hell of a job trying to get Windows to install & have got to the point where it's patently obvious that I need some help. I've just swapped out my main hard disc for a 500GB M.2 & am trying to install a fresh copy of W10 onto the thing, easy enough, I...