Windows 10: Audio issues

Discus and support Audio issues in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please read this very carefully as to not waste my time with generic advice So I have my default system audio set to speakers for watching netflix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by xUp2NutsInGutsx, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Audio issues

Please read this very carefully as to not waste my time with generic advice

So I have my default system audio set to speakers for watching netflix etc

While I'm watching I also play games same computer different screens

While I'm playing games I have the game audio coming through the headset

To achieve this as I've said above the system default is speakers for netflix etc which is fine and works and then I scroll down the audio setting menu and set my earphones to the default of whatever game I am playing.

So when I look at audio settings -at the top it will say default is speakers then I scroll down and it will show the game icon and next to it in the default box it will say my headphones ...with me so far ? ....good .

The reason I do this...like many other people is so that when I fire up a game and netflix is running it will automatically run the game audio to my head set so I dont have to set it everytime in audio settings ....makes sense right ...

Except the default headphones setting for games will not persist ....which means the next time I start the game im expecting it to send it to the default device for that game headphones but it sends it trough the system default instead speakers which means i have to minimise the game and re-set the game default audio for the game back to my headset

Sometimes when I minimise and check audio settings it will show that the default for games is my headset and I have to set it to something else then back to headset to make it work and the rest of the time it will have reset the audio back to system default where it should say headphones and again I have to move it back to headphones.

This is not an issue with the headphones or games as it happens on multiple games and a avariety of different head sets that ive tried

for some reason the settings are not persisting

Why is this and how do I fix it . Whats the point of being able to set games to headphones as default if I have to minimise and manually set it everytime.

If you are going to answer this questions and make suggestions please explain why you think your suggestion will work . Im an IT engineer and dont need my time wasted with "turn it off and on " responses

I want the setting to persist on every game I set it too yes im aware the first time needs to set manually so that when I fire up a game I'm not having to minimise or close it as some games won't minimise to let me change it .

If i set the system default to headphones then the netflix etc apps to default speakers then after every episode it will push the netflix audio back to my headphones and again I have to minimise and reset the netflix back to speakers default....so this is not a workaround

Tia

:)

xUp2NutsInGutsx, Jan 22, 2021

2. Audio 'dip' issue with Windows 10

Hi Elliot,

Thank you for posting your queries in Microsoft Community.

We are sorry to know that you have issues while listening to certain audios.

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method1: I suggest you to run an audio troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method2: Uncheck the enhancement feature in sound options.

• Press X from the key board and select control panel.
    • Select sounds under control panel.
    • Go to advance setting and uncheck the enhancement feature and check if that helps.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be

Sudharshan M K, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Audio issues

Windows 10 audio issue

Hi,

Audio issues might have caused by an outdated audio driver. For us to troubleshoot this issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this article:

Fix sound problems
    . You can try different troubleshooting methods by clicking the drop down box, below the title, and choose one from the list.

Let us know how it goes.

Janeane Cru, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Audio issues

1. Audio issues - Similar Threads - Audio issues

2. Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues: I am currently running Windows 11 on my HP laptop. However, ever since I installed Windows 11 automatically, when I try to shut down and update my PC, I have experienced significant audio issues. I have never encountered this problem with Windows 10, which I used for years...
  3. Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues: I am currently running Windows 11 on my HP laptop. However, ever since I installed Windows 11 automatically, when I try to shut down and update my PC, I have experienced significant audio issues. I have never encountered this problem with Windows 10, which I used for years...
  4. Audio Glitch Issues After Drivers Update - Seek Advice - ASUS ROG Strix G17 with Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Glitch Issues After Drivers Update - Seek Advice - ASUS ROG Strix G17 with Windows 11...: I'm reaching out for some help regarding a persistent and baffling problem with my ASUS ROG Strix G17 G713PV-HX050, powered by an AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX, RTX 4060,144Hz ,64GB RAM, dual 512GB SSDsI bought it new and after some time Windows has updated and replaced my original AMD...
  5. Audio Glitch Issues After Drivers Update - Seek Advice - ASUS ROG Strix G17 with Windows 11...

Audio Glitch Issues After Drivers Update - Seek Advice - ASUS ROG Strix G17 with Windows 11...: I'm reaching out for some help regarding a persistent and baffling problem with my ASUS ROG Strix G17 G713PV-HX050, powered by an AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX, RTX 4060,144Hz ,64GB RAM, dual 512GB SSDsI bought it new and after some time Windows has updated and replaced my original AMD...
  6. Issues with audio and lag in general

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with audio and lag in general: I don't know where this should be posted, so I'm posting here since I saw someone else do it. I have spent ages searching, trying out different solutions and it hasn't worked. My audio seems to have these random popping and crackling stutters and this has been going on for...
  7. Issues with audio and lag in general

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with audio and lag in general: I don't know where this should be posted, so I'm posting here since I saw someone else do it. I have spent ages searching, trying out different solutions and it hasn't worked. My audio seems to have these random popping and crackling stutters and this has been going on for...
  8. Issues with audio and lag in general

9. Issues with audio and lag in general

10. Having an issue with awful audio stuttering and entire system crashing while playing games

Having an issue with awful audio stuttering and entire system crashing while playing games: Hello!I am currently having a very annoying issue where my entire computer stutters and then crashes upon loading high-intensity games such as Cyberpunk or Fortnite. I have no clue what has caused this issue, but I can rule out there being a RAM issue as I ran the memory...