Windows 10: Audio Jack Detecting Headphones But No Sound Playing

Discus and support Audio Jack Detecting Headphones But No Sound Playing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, my audio jack stopped working. My speakers work fine, it's just any device plugged into the audio jack. I've checked in Sounds and it detects... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Keith Gan, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Keith Gan Win User

Audio Jack Detecting Headphones But No Sound Playing

Hi, my audio jack stopped working.

My speakers work fine, it's just any device plugged into the audio jack.

I've checked in Sounds and it detects my headphones, but when I try to test it no sound is audible but the computer shows it's playing, just a faint click.

I've tried:

- re-installing the driver

- changing to native driver, countless restarts

- changing the default format

- restarting the Windows Audio service

nothing has worked yet.

Please help!!!

:)

Keith Gan, Jun 11, 2020

2. Audio jack seems not detect my headphone

I have a windows 10 laptop and up until yesterday everything was fine , and suddenly it seems that my audio jack doesn;t detect my headphone. I connect my headphone to the audio jack, but the sounds just came out my laptop's speaker. I've tried to switch to my earphone and the result is the same. I've tried several solutions like uninstalling my driver or trying to get to the sounds properties , but the results are the same. Please give me your help , and btw I'm new here.

tarkijowow, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Headphones detected- but no sound

Hi all,

Lenovo G470 - Windows 10.

I can't hear any sound when the headphones are connected. Speakers are working perfectly. Headphones ( High Definition Audio Device) are detected but no sound. Headphones properties show Jack Information - LR - green circle with a black dot in the center-Right Panel
    3.5 mm jack.

Can anyone help me fix this?

Thank You.

Anitha Sri, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

Move audio to one side for speakers but not headphones

Hello J1mmyth3F1sh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is your headphones getting detected in the Playback settings?
    • Are you trying to play the audio on both Speakers and Headphones at the same time?

Ideally, if you have configured Sound settings to play on your left speakers, the same goes with the headphones. The sound starts playing only on the left side of your headphones according to the settings changed.

Meanwhile, we can try configuring the headphones and change the balance level in the sound settings and see if it works. Kindly check with the steps listed below and see if it helps.

Method : Run audio test for your headphones.

• Open Control Panel from the Start menu and click on
      Sound.
    • In the Sound window, click on your
      Headphones and select Configure option at the bottom left.
    • By running the test, check if both sides of your headphones are working fine.

If that doesn’t help, I would suggest you to check with the audio balance by following the steps listed below:

• Open Sound settings from
      Control Panel,
      and right click on the Headphones to open its
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and select
      Balance
      button. In the Balance window, you can use the slider to balance both left and right headphones equally.

However, I commend and appreciate you for recognizing this behavior. This is a valuable suggestion as there may be other users with a similar requirement. Hence, I suggest you to leave a
    Feedback for this product so
    that our developer team can look into this and check if it can be implemented in the future updates.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Audio Jack Detecting Headphones But No Sound Playing - Similar Threads - Audio Jack Detecting

2. laptop headphone jack does not play audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop headphone jack does not play audio: my dell laptop Latitude 3510 windows 11 audio jack does not recognize output. if i plug wired ear buds it shows input microphone but no audio speaker output to play sound...
  3. laptop headphone jack does not play audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop headphone jack does not play audio: my dell laptop Latitude 3510 windows 11 audio jack does not recognize output. if i plug wired ear buds it shows input microphone but no audio speaker output to play sound...
  4. Headphones detected, but not playing audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphones detected, but not playing audio: I've been using these wired headphones for months with no issues. Suddenly, they stopped playing audio when connected to my laptop Legion 5 82JW. I have updated my drivers, turned up the levels in Control Panel, with no success. I even reinstalled Windows 11, to no avail. I...
  5. Headphones detected, but not playing audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones detected, but not playing audio: I've been using these wired headphones for months with no issues. Suddenly, they stopped playing audio when connected to my laptop Legion 5 82JW. I have updated my drivers, turned up the levels in Control Panel, with no success. I even reinstalled Windows 11, to no avail. I...
  6. Headphone jack not detected.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone jack not detected.: My PC froze, i restarted, and the audio port was no longer being detected. Formated, fresh install, still no headphone jack detection tested multiple headphones and headsets bluetooth works fine but i need wired connection.Tried to run the troubleshoot program but it needs to...
  7. Audio jack doesnt detect my headphones?

Audio jack doesnt detect my headphones?: I mainly use Bluetooth headphones or headphones that go into a usb port and it works perfectly . But I got a new pair of headphones and when I try to plug them into the audio jack in the front and back it does not work these headphones also have a audio plugin for a...
  8. Headphone jack not detecting headphones

Headphone jack not detecting headphones: I know, you must be thinking: another one of these posts? But I swear, none of the other posts have helped me any way. After upgrading to windows 10, my headphone jack stopped working and wont detect my headphones. My microphone jack still works. I've tried multiple things...
  9. Audio jack not detecting headphones

in Cortana
    Audio jack not detecting headphones: So my headphones work fine i plugged them into my other pc and they worked. i've had this computer for about 4 months, it's never had this problem, i unplugged it to use in my other pc, but then when i plugged it back in it didn't show up as an audio device, i tried...
  10. Audio jack seems not detect my headphone

Audio jack seems not detect my headphone: I have a windows 10 laptop and up until yesterday everything was fine , and suddenly it seems that my audio jack doesn;t detect my headphone. I connect my headphone to the audio jack, but the sounds just came out my laptop's speaker. I've tried to switch to my earphone and...