Windows 10: Audio Jack Device Option

Discus and support Audio Jack Device Option in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently re-installed Windows 10 pro on my Acer laptop. One of the first things I did was to verify the sound worked with the headphones. When the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Grungivitus, May 1, 2019.

1. Audio Jack Device Option

I recently re-installed Windows 10 pro on my Acer laptop. One of the first things I did was to verify the sound worked with the headphones. When the audio device option dialog popped up, I accidentally clicked on headphones with microphone and then clicked don't ask again. My headphones do not have a microphone. The audio worked, however, so I continued installing software and configuring settings for days. It wasn't until I tried to Skype that I noticed the microphone not working. It used to before I re-installed Windows. All of the troubleshooting links indicate there is no problem. What I need to do is change the device type that is plugged into the audio jack. I've done a search here and one answer mentioned that there is a way using the registry, but didn't explain how. They suggested instead to do a restore. That's crazy. That would be days wasted of starting from scratch. I've edited the registry before. Please explain how to do it that way.

:)

Grungivitus, May 1, 2019
  2. Allan Mej Win User

audio jack problems

Hi,

Windows allows disabling of a certain port if you want to or if you need to. To disable a headphone or speaker audio jack, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Playback devices.
    • Right-click on the playback device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

To disable a microphone jack:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Recording devices.
    • Right-click on the recording device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

Also, we recommend taking your PC to a technician for the removal of the audio jack that is stuck so that, you'll be able to use the port again.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, May 1, 2019
  3. Rear audio jack not working after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing beats audio on your device after upgrading to Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated audio drivers on your device.

Do let us know the make and model of your HP computer?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to update the audio drivers for your device.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X, select
      Device Manager
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      Speakers/ Headphones and click on Update driver software.

Step 3: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrading to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 1, 2019
  4. Audio Jack Device Option

No sound from either audio jack. Lenovo Thinkcentre M Series M90P

Hi Herman,

There are several reasons why the audio jack is not working properly. One of which is if the device you're using is grounded. To isolate the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • What device are you connecting to the audio jack?
    • Are these devices working properly in another computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Katrina Men, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Audio Jack Device Option

1. Audio Jack Device Option - Similar Threads - Audio Jack Device

2. Onboard audio jacks not picking up devices.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onboard audio jacks not picking up devices.: My speakers plugged into my onboard audio jacks are not detected by windows. The only devices detected are my USB headphones and my monitor which has an audio out but nothing is plugged in. I have spent the last two days trying everything from reinstalling drivers to changing...
  3. audio jack

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    audio jack: Hello, I bought a mic to use for a project I'm doing, but my Laptop Dell inspiron i5-5th doesn't recognize it. The mic description did say i could get an audio splitter ,which i did but it still doesnt recognize it. This isnt my first mic, so i'm quite sure it's not the...
  4. audio jack

audio jack: Hello, I bought a mic to use for a project I'm doing, but my Laptop Dell inspiron i5-5th doesn't recognize it. The mic description did say i could get an audio splitter ,which i did but it still doesnt recognize it. This isnt my first mic, so i'm quite sure it's not the...
  5. Audio Devices Not Working: audio jacks do not detect devices.

Audio Devices Not Working: audio jacks do not detect devices.: So I was encountering another issue with my PC unrelated to my audio jacks USB drops, which we figured out the problem it was iCUE and brought it in to get fixed. When the person was looking it over, he deleted my audio drivers and when he rebooted it, they never returned. He...
  6. Audio Devices Not Working: audio jacks do not detect devices.

Audio Devices Not Working: audio jacks do not detect devices.: So I was encountering another issue with my PC unrelated to my audio jacks USB drops, which we figured out the problem it was iCUE and brought it in to get fixed. When the person was looking it over, he deleted my audio drivers and when he rebooted it, they never returned. He...
  7. Audio Devices Not Working: audio jacks do not detect devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. AUDIO JACK

AUDIO JACK: Whenever i plug in my headphones into my laptop i get a pop up message saying a headset has been detected but when i play any audio it plays on speaker and not in my headphones. What should be the problem?...
  9. AUDIO JACK

in Windows 10 Customization
    AUDIO JACK: WHEN I PLUG IN A HEADSET, THE POPUP CHOOSE AUDIO DEVICE IS NOT COMING AND IN MY PC THERE IS NO REALTEK HD AUDIO MANAGER. SO, PLEASE TELL WHAT I SHOULD DO I AM IN A VERY BIG PROBLEM...
  10. Multiple audio devices 1 jack

Multiple audio devices 1 jack: I've googled this endlessly with no result and I'm guessing it isn't possible but I may as well ask. My laptop has one audio/mic port. I'm cheap and had a splitter laying around, my headphones, and a set of ear buds with a mic on it I combined to use as a headset. This...