Windows 10: Audio jack no longer working, likely since a recent update

Discus and support Audio jack no longer working, likely since a recent update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The internal speakers are working and bluetooth headphones work, but wired headphones plugged into the audio jack stopped working about a week ago. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lani~~~~~, May 4, 2021.

1. Lani~~~~~ Win User

Audio jack no longer working, likely since a recent update

The internal speakers are working and bluetooth headphones work, but wired headphones plugged into the audio jack stopped working about a week ago. The laptop doesn't recognize anything when they are plugged in or unplugged.I have run the audio troubleshooter, but this seems to only troubleshoot problems with the internal speakers or sound cardI have uninstalled the Realtek driver and reinstalled itI have tried to update the Realtek driver, but it always says the best driver is already installedI have rolled back my computer to the last restore point Windows Update seems stuck on the upda

:)

Lani~~~~~, May 4, 2021

2. Headphone not working in front audio jack

Hi

I had recently updated from windows 8 to windows 10. But I have an issue with the front audio jack. Rear jack works fine. I tried a lot of things but still couldn't solve the problem. I tried things like :-

• Upgrading ; uninstalling and restarting ; etc of the drivers.
    • Checking that the internal wires are connected.
    • Installing VIA HD AUDIO Driver
    My motherboard is Asus P8H61-M LX3 R2.0

It is really very frustrating. Please help me with this.

Thank You

MUHAMMED_BILAL, May 4, 2021
  3. Windows 10 update: Audio jack no longer working

Hi Darius,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• When you say’’ I have sound out the front, but nothing out the rear jack’’ what exactly you refer to? Please elaborate.
    For now, I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.
    Hope this helps. Please keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, May 4, 2021
  4. Audio jack no longer working, likely since a recent update

Headphone jack no longer working with Realtek.

When you plug in your Head set the Mic goes in the red lack and the Headphone jack goes in the green jack. This will automatically cut the sound to the speakers. I am talking about the from inputs. The Realtek Audio Console can be downloaded from the store. Below are some images that may help.

Audio jack no longer working, likely since a recent update [​IMG]

Audio jack no longer working, likely since a recent update [​IMG]

Josey Wales, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Audio jack no longer working, likely since a recent update

1. Audio jack no longer working, likely since a recent update - Similar Threads - Audio jack longer

2. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio no longer working after most recent update: Hello, I recently about a week ago installed a windows update which I had been putting off for a bit and found that after full installation my audio was no longer working. Not thinking much of it I left it a few days hoping some magical fix would come, but unfortunately this...
  3. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio no longer working after most recent update: Hello, I recently about a week ago installed a windows update which I had been putting off for a bit and found that after full installation my audio was no longer working. Not thinking much of it I left it a few days hoping some magical fix would come, but unfortunately this...
  4. Audio no longer working after most recent update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Since this morning my PC's audio jack is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since this morning my PC's audio jack is not working: Ever since this morning when I tried plugging my headphones in a really loud static and distorted sounds started playing and would not stop until i plugged the headset out. I know its not a problem with the headset as I tried with 3 other headsets and the same static is...
  6. Since this morning my PC's audio jack is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Since this morning my PC's audio jack is not working: Ever since this morning when I tried plugging my headphones in a really loud static and distorted sounds started playing and would not stop until i plugged the headset out. I know its not a problem with the headset as I tried with 3 other headsets and the same static is...
  7. rear audio jack not working since update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    rear audio jack not working since update: The rear audio jack on my PC hasn't worked since a Windows update in early 2020. I've tried the recommended remedy of going to control panel, then 'sound' and checking on the volume which is fine, and nothing has worked. I'd greatly appreciate any help on this....
  8. Can no longer sacn since recent W10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can no longer sacn since recent W10 update: Since installing a recent W10 update, several printers different brands and models will no longer scan. How do we correct this or reverse what was done ?...
  9. Auxiliary Audio Jacks No Longer Work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auxiliary Audio Jacks No Longer Work: In my office there have been three computers that recently had their audio jacks stop working. They all started doing this within one week of each other. All three of them are newer Lenovo desktops. So far, I’ve tried uninstalling the Realtek audio drivers and then...
  10. Arc mouse no longer working with Surface since recent OS update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Arc mouse no longer working with Surface since recent OS update: Hi, I have a Microsoft Surface (1724 256GB 010833662*** on rear) and a Microsoft Arc Mouse (no visible markings other than Made In China). A few days ago I received notification that OS on the Surface would no longer be supported from November and that I should upgrade....