Windows 10: Audio Jack No Sound After Reinstalling Windows 10

Discus and support Audio Jack No Sound After Reinstalling Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my PC. Since then I could not get any audio output from the audio jacks both front and back. I have installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by allenyao09, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Audio Jack No Sound After Reinstalling Windows 10

I recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my PC. Since then I could not get any audio output from the audio jacks both front and back. I have installed audio drivers from my motherboard support page. I tried both "Realtek HD Universal Driver" and "Realtek High Definition Audio Driver", but none of them worked. When I plugged my headphone or speaker into the audio jack, the driver was able to recognize the device. A message popped up indicating an audio device is plugged in. But I could only hear electric noise. No sound output at all. The audio jacks were working properly before I reinstalled Windows.​

I contacted MSI for help but they let me send the mobo back for repair. I don't want to spend the money and time to go through the repairing process.​

I suspect this was because of a driver issue but I could not solve it by reinstalling the audio drivers. I tried the troubleshooter but didn't help. I tried all the methods I could find online, such as uninstalling the driver and use the windows default audio drive, but none of them worked. Please help.​

My system:​

• Windows 10 Home
    • Version: 10.0.19041 Build 19041
    • Motherboard: B450 TOMAHAWK MS-7C02
    • BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. 1.E0, 2020/6/9
    • Audio Drive: Realtek High Definition Audio
    • Audio Device: Realtek® ALC892 Codec 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio

:)

allenyao09, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Allan Mej Win User

audio jack problems

Hi,

Windows allows disabling of a certain port if you want to or if you need to. To disable a headphone or speaker audio jack, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Playback devices.
    • Right-click on the playback device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

To disable a microphone jack:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Recording devices.
    • Right-click on the recording device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

Also, we recommend taking your PC to a technician for the removal of the audio jack that is stuck so that, you'll be able to use the port again.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Sound issue with front audio jack

I have two computers. Both on windows 10 1903.

If I plug in headphones I have sound. If I unplug them I get sound from the internal speaker. If I plug the headphones in later, I cannot get any sound to come out from the headphones, only the internal speaker. In order to get them to work, I have to go to device manager, and uninstall the realtek audio under sound, video and game controllers. Then I have it scan for hardware changes and it works again if I leave the headphones in the port.

This issue is really bizarre. They are both dells. I have updated the audio driver from both of their support pages with no results.

Windows is up to date, as well as the drivers. Bios has no sound options other than disabling the sound. Bios is up to date.

1st pc:

Audio Jack No Sound After Reinstalling Windows 10 [​IMG]

The hardware ID for the audio is:
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0255&SUBSYS_102807A3&REV_1000
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0255&SUBSYS_102807A3

Second pc:

Audio Jack No Sound After Reinstalling Windows 10 [​IMG]

The hardware ID for the audio is:
    INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0256&SUBSYS_10280817&REV_1000
    INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0256&SUBSYS_10280817

Also I noticed the speakers and headphones seem to be combined, and I cannot separate them when clicking on the speaker by the clock. I heard you can use the realtek audio control panel to manage this, but I do not have this and when trying to install it from the ten store, it errors and does not install.

Can someone help me make sense of this?

I have tried the following:

1. Ran windows audio troubleshooter which found no issues.
    2. I have tried uninstalling all audio devices
    3. Checked bios for sound settings
    4. Reinstalled latest updated drivers
    5. Attempted to download realtek audio manager without success
    6. Disabled all enhancements and application exclusive control.
    7. SFC and dism show nothing wrong

Andrew129260, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Audio Jack No Sound After Reinstalling Windows 10

Combo-jack for audio and sound doesn't work

Hi,

This issue may have been caused by incorrect audio settings or outdated audio driver.

Please check the link on How to Fix sound problems. We also suggest that you run Speech troubleshooter by following
    these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Run Speech troubleshooter.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Fra, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Audio Jack No Sound After Reinstalling Windows 10

1. Audio Jack No Sound After Reinstalling Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Audio Jack Sound

2. No sounds from laptop's 3.5mm audio jack

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sounds from laptop's 3.5mm audio jack: I have a laptop with a clevo w240hu/250hux inside. It's intel core i3-2350M 2.3GhzI have formatted the laptop and tried to fresh install a windows 10 professional. Now the 3.5mm jack is not working. The speakers are fine. It's just when I plug the headphone jack, no sounds at...
  3. no output jack for sound audio on zenbook laptop?

no output jack for sound audio on zenbook laptop?: ugh...how do you listen to get audio output to pair with bluet tooth and a JBL charge 4, with my zenbook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-output-jack-for-sound-audio-on-zenbook-laptop/f5b144de-1957-4e99-a0d5-2ae5010bb325
  4. No Simultaneous Sound out of Audio Jacks

No Simultaneous Sound out of Audio Jacks: How can I get simultaneous audio out of both the USBC and 3.5mm jacks in my Samsung Tab Pro S? The sound leaves the 3.5mm side as soon as I plug in the USBC. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  5. No sound when inserting earphone into audio jack

No sound when inserting earphone into audio jack: Hi guys, there was an upgrade to Wins 10 2004 version and after the upgrade, my sound from audio jack has become distorted. Hence I rolled back to the previous version of Win 10 but problem still persist. After reading some solutions, I tried uninstalling the realtek driver...
  6. Audio Jack Detecting Headphones But No Sound Playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Jack Detecting Headphones But No Sound Playing: Hi, my audio jack stopped working. My speakers work fine, it's just any device plugged into the audio jack. I've checked in Sounds and it detects my headphones, but when I try to test it no sound is audible but the computer shows it's playing, just a faint click. I've...
  7. Windows 10 Audio Jack

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Audio Jack: Can anyone help me with my audio issues. I just updated windows and now my pc is registering my front mic jack as my back audio jack, which is where my stereo speakers are plugged in (and no its not plugged into the mic jack in the rear). Like my two headphone jacks are in...
  8. Front audio jacks sound is distorted after installing WSL

Front audio jacks sound is distorted after installing WSL: windows 10 version 1903 (build 18362.535) Gigabyte ab-350 m/b with realtek audio After adding Windows Subsystem for Linux in 'windows features' , sound I play while connected to the front audio jack (music / youtube etc) comes out distorted / cuts in and out. This happens...
  9. Sound issue with front audio jack

Sound issue with front audio jack: I have two computers. Both on windows 10 1903. If I plug in headphones I have sound. If I unplug them I get sound from the internal speaker. If I plug the headphones in later, I cannot get any sound to come out from the headphones, only the internal speaker. In order to get...
  10. No sound after reinstalling windows 10.

No sound after reinstalling windows 10.: Device manager tells me I have two drivers : IDT High Definition Audio CODEC and High Definition Audio Device. Trying for an update to the IDT driver (on line) I am told that there is a problem and that no sound card can be detected. Updating the High Definition Audio...