Windows 10: audio jack not working, only plays sound when headphones are plugged in while restarting

Discus and support audio jack not working, only plays sound when headphones are plugged in while restarting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; whenever i plug my headphones into my pc after restarting i hear no sound, and the headphonesno matter what kind dont show up on connected headphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Default_130, Aug 15, 2021.

1. audio jack not working, only plays sound when headphones are plugged in while restarting

whenever i plug my headphones into my pc after restarting i hear no sound, and the headphonesno matter what kind dont show up on connected headphone listbut when i plug in the headphones and restart my pc with the headphones inside it works fine, and i can continue to hear from them, but then if i unplug them at any time while using windows, it switches to speakers and wont work agian until restartedi tried to update the drivers but there up to date, ive been dealing with this for so long and im worried it may be a problem with the port, but i bought this laptop in 2019 before covid

:)

Default_130, Aug 15, 2021
  2. Keith Gan Win User

Audio Jack Detecting Headphones But No Sound Playing

Hi, my audio jack stopped working.

My speakers work fine, it's just any device plugged into the audio jack.

I've checked in Sounds and it detects my headphones, but when I try to test it no sound is audible (but the computer shows it's playing), just a faint click.

I've tried:

- re-installing the driver

- changing to native driver, countless restarts

- changing the default format

- restarting the Windows Audio service

nothing has worked yet.

Please help!!!

Keith Gan, Aug 15, 2021
  3. phanta Win User
    Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack

Last Friday this laptop came to my house and I used my apple earbuds and the audio worked perfectly. However, today (Sunday), the audio doesn't work anymore with any headphones (even with the same apple earbuds). The sound still happen in "Sound" control panel but nothing really comes in my headphones at all. Need much help.
    audio jack not working, only plays sound when headphones are plugged in while restarting [​IMG]

phanta, Aug 15, 2021
  4. audio jack not working, only plays sound when headphones are plugged in while restarting

Audio: No sound when headphones are plugged in to jack

I would also like to add that the Realtek HD audio manager recognizes that something has been plugged into the headphone jack but does not output any sound in spite of that.

Sanjeev303, Aug 15, 2021
Thema:

audio jack not working, only plays sound when headphones are plugged in while restarting

1. audio jack not working, only plays sound when headphones are plugged in while restarting - Similar Threads - audio jack working

2. Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in: I have an Acer laptop with Windows 10 with Realtek audio driver version 6.0.9309.1. When I plug in my headphones after booting up, the headphones have no sound and the speaker remains on. If I restart after plugging the headphones in, the headphones work fine and the...
  3. Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphones work only after restart with headphones plugged in: I have an Acer laptop with Windows 10 with Realtek audio driver version 6.0.9309.1. When I plug in my headphones after booting up, the headphones have no sound and the speaker remains on. If I restart after plugging the headphones in, the headphones work fine and the...
  4. my audio jack is not working when i plug in any headphone

my audio jack is not working when i plug in any headphone: my audio jack notification is not popping up whenever i would plug in a headphone the notification would appear with 3to 4 options and saying that chose one of them. but the major problem is that when i plug in the headphone to my laptop it doesnt recongnize it and doesnt...
  5. no sound coming from the headphone when plugged into aux/audio jack

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    no sound coming from the headphone when plugged into aux/audio jack: Hi guys, So I’m running Windows 10 build 19042.804 version 20H2 and I am having this problem where I plug my headphones onto my laptop’s Aux/audio jack and Windows 10 detects it (it makes a sound when I plug it in). However, no sound coming from the headphone but instead...
  6. No audio playing through headphones when I plug them into jack and continues to play...

No audio playing through headphones when I plug them into jack and continues to play...: Hello, I have a pair of sony headphones that I have used with my computer. Whenever I plugged my computer in, a pop-up menu would ask me if I would like to switch over to headphones. I checked don't ask me again and my computer speakers won't switch over to my headphones....
  7. Headphones not working when plugged into the rear jack.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphones not working when plugged into the rear jack.: Hello there, recently I bought a headset and plugged it in the rear jack. It came with both audio and microphone jack. When I plugged it in the rear jack it would show that it's playing sound in the sound control panel, but there would be no sound coming from it. However,...
  8. Audio Jack Detecting Headphones But No Sound Playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Jack Detecting Headphones But No Sound Playing: Hi, my audio jack stopped working. My speakers work fine, it's just any device plugged into the audio jack. I've checked in Sounds and it detects my headphones, but when I try to test it no sound is audible but the computer shows it's playing, just a faint click. I've...
  9. Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack

Audio not working when plugging in any headphones jack: Last Friday this laptop came to my house and I used my apple earbuds and the audio worked perfectly. However, today (Sunday), the audio doesn't work anymore with any headphones (even with the same apple earbuds). The sound still happen in "Sound" control panel but nothing...
  10. Audio not playing in headphones when device plugged in audio jack (Windows 10)

Audio not playing in headphones when device plugged in audio jack (Windows 10): Hi, this happened all of a sudden. I was using my Bluetooth headset for audio for YouTube videos when all of a sudden the battery died. After putting my wireless Bluetooth headphone to charging, when I tried using any of the wired headphones, none of them worked. It is like...