Windows 10: Audio jack not working properly

Discus and support Audio jack not working properly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've got an HP laptop and Bigben headphones. When I plug them in, or any other device, the sound is not working. However, when I change the spatial... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NogginClontith2005, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Audio jack not working properly

I've got an HP laptop and Bigben headphones. When I plug them in, or any other device, the sound is not working. However, when I change the spatial sound setting, it starts to work. But only until i change the game I'm playing or watch a different youtube video, then it stops working again and i have to change the settings again Thank you for your help

submitted by /u/NogginClontith2005
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NogginClontith2005, Mar 19, 2021

2. Front audio jacks not working properly

Just a bit of a update. The front jacks still don't work properly. The microphone one up front is hit and miss at best and the headphone one is still doing the same thing. Recognizes the headphones but does not re-route audio to them.

If I use the jacks in the back of the machine, they work flawlessly. Cortana and my screen recording software both hear the mic without issues and of course I can hear sound when I plug in headphones.

Still trying to find a way to get this working properly. Again any suggestions will be appreciated!

MarshallHeartley, Mar 19, 2021
  3. Audio Jack not working properly on upgradeing to windows 10.

Hi,

On upgrading to windows 10 my audio jack does not work properly. Once you plug the headphone Jack in an icon comes up stating "jack plugged in" but the speakers continue to play and the headphones do not. If I make the headphones the default device the headphones
    work but no speakers. So does anyone know how to enable the jack to switch from speaker to headphones once jack is plugged in?

I have Via HD audio as the apparent controller . I've tried uninstalling drivers and reboot, looking for drivers on manufactures site which is in Chinese, a language I don't speak, letting windows find drivers but nothing has worked so far. Any suggestions?

AndrewStrange, Mar 19, 2021
  4. Audio jack not working properly

No sound from either audio jack. Lenovo Thinkcentre M Series M90P

Hi Herman,

There are several reasons why the audio jack is not working properly. One of which is if the device you're using is grounded. To isolate the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • What device are you connecting to the audio jack?
    • Are these devices working properly in another computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Katrina Men, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

Audio jack not working properly

1. Audio jack not working properly - Similar Threads - Audio jack working

2. audio jack not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio jack not working: Hi! I recently bought a new DELL computer.model: OptiPlex Micro 7010 windows 11The problem is that when I open the device manager and look for audio drivers I just can't find one. It means that my audio jack port does not work. I have already watched some videos and did these...
  3. audio jack not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio jack not working: Hi! I recently bought a new DELL computer.model: OptiPlex Micro 7010 windows 11The problem is that when I open the device manager and look for audio drivers I just can't find one. It means that my audio jack port does not work. I have already watched some videos and did these...
  4. Audio jack doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio jack doesn't work: Headphones don't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-jack-doesnt-work/a1abf2a9-6ac6-41b9-804f-798a24165f47
  5. Audio/Headphone jack not working/

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio/Headphone jack not working/: Hi, I have a Dell XPS 13 9365, which I modded into a "desktop"I had fresh installed windows from a USB Device, but, I realized the audio menu says "No Audio Output Device is installed."I had the original speakers plugged in, the connection was alright, yet it still didn't...
  6. Front Audio Jack not working

Front Audio Jack not working: after installing window 10 to my hp prodesk 600 G1 SFF, front audio jacks are not working for any of my headphones. tried installing drivers from HP site and also from realtek site but no luck. if anyone have the solution then please let me know...
  7. Rear audio jack not working

Rear audio jack not working: I've tested different driver versions but it just doesn't work. It used to work sometime ago but not anymore. Update: it works with a different headphone but they have the exact same jack, and the one that doesnt work in the rear jack works in the front jack perfectly - - -...
  8. Audio jacks not working at all

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio jacks not working at all: Hi, for a while now my pcs front panel audio jacks havent worked but i’ve used the back panel audio jacks to avoid this However, now after i got the blue screen of death , my pc is completely fine aside from the fact none of the audio jacks work (tried with multiple devices)...
  9. Front audio jacks not working

Front audio jacks not working: Hello, I'm user of Windows 10 OS and i have problems with front audio jacks. I know it is pretty common problem that is asked, but all the tutorials and every solution i found on forums didn't work. Since they all require Realtek. It is not that I do not like Realtek but...
  10. Audio Jack Not Working

Audio Jack Not Working: My audio jack has stopped detecting anything being plugged into it. I've tried four sets of earbuds, all working on my phone, and every time audio still comes out of my laptop speakers instead. I've tried to do everything I could find to fix it and nothing has worked. My...