Windows 10: Audio Jack Output isn't showing my choices

Discus and support Audio Jack Output isn't showing my choices in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had headphones for a very long time and set the preference to Headphones but when I tried to swap it out for Headset it didn't pop up. I couldn't use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Golden Eyez, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Audio Jack Output isn't showing my choices

I had headphones for a very long time and set the preference to Headphones but when I tried to swap it out for Headset it didn't pop up. I couldn't use the microphone for my headset and I am getting very annoyed about this. I've seen other answers to these questions but mine did not work. I tried finding Realtek HD Audio Manager but only got HD Audio Manager. I could not find a solution to this.

:)

Golden Eyez, Aug 16, 2020

2. How to bring up audio jack´s input/output choice window?

My computer has only one audio jack. I need it to work as an input line in, Currently it works as an output. When I plugged audio into the jack, Windows used to ask me whether the jack should work as an input or an output. Now I can´t change that setting.
    How do I bring back the window that allows me to change the jack´s input/output choice?

Héctor LeopoldoEsquer, Aug 16, 2020
  3. Calvin D Win User
    Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working

The audio jacks stopped working and it is not a hardware problem.

1. Multiple headsets do not get audio output from both of the audio jacks on the computer and the headsets are confirmed to be working, so it's the computer's problem.
    2. The audio output through a DisplayPort monitor's audio jack and monitors' speakers still work, so the computer can still produce audio. The monitor's audio jack is not an option.
    3. Both audio jacks stopped working at the same time despite only one being in use, so it's not hardware.
    What is the problem and what is the solution?

Calvin D, Aug 16, 2020
  4. Audio Jack Output isn't showing my choices

Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working

GAUTAM GOHIL

gautamgohil, Aug 16, 2020
Thema:

Audio Jack Output isn't showing my choices

1. Audio Jack Output isn't showing my choices - Similar Threads - Audio Jack Output

2. audio jack not working for input whereas working for output even if the audio jack is two...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio jack not working for input whereas working for output even if the audio jack is two...: my computers front panel audio jack is 2 ways i.e. input and output the output sound is working properly but the input for microphone is not working i have tried everything but my computer is not detecting any input from audio jack i have the latest drivers installed i have...
  3. audio jack not working for input whereas working for output even if the audio jack is two...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio jack not working for input whereas working for output even if the audio jack is two...: my computers front panel audio jack is 2 ways i.e. input and output the output sound is working properly but the input for microphone is not working i have tried everything but my computer is not detecting any input from audio jack i have the latest drivers installed i have...
  4. audio jack info not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio jack info not showing: audio jack info not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-jack-info-not-showing/f796751a-28e2-4e62-b876-67c1f63c7b09
  5. audio jack info not showing

audio jack info not showing: audio jack info not showing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-jack-info-not-showing/f796751a-28e2-4e62-b876-67c1f63c7b09
  6. Audio Jack input/output setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Jack input/output setting: Hi, this is just a small question regarding a specific audio setting. This setting was a pop-up for each time I plugged sth into the audio jack and it showed a list of devices that could be plugged into the jack e.g. Mic, Headphones, speakers, etc. I got an external mic but...
  7. Audio Jack input/output setting

Audio Jack input/output setting: Hi, this is just a small question regarding a specific audio setting. This setting was a pop-up for each time I plugged sth into the audio jack and it showed a list of devices that could be plugged into the jack e.g. Mic, Headphones, speakers, etc. I got an external mic but...
  8. Audio Jack input/output setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. no output jack for sound audio on zenbook laptop?

no output jack for sound audio on zenbook laptop?: ugh...how do you listen to get audio output to pair with bluet tooth and a JBL charge 4, with my zenbook https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-output-jack-for-sound-audio-on-zenbook-laptop/f5b144de-1957-4e99-a0d5-2ae5010bb325
  10. How to bring up audio jack´s input/output choice window?

How to bring up audio jack´s input/output choice window?: My computer has only one audio jack. I need it to work as an input line in, Currently it works as an output. When I plugged audio into the jack, Windows used to ask me whether the jack should work as an input or an output. Now I can´t change that setting. How do I bring back...