Windows 10: audio jack popup

Discus and support audio jack popup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had an popup everytime when i plugged in a microphone or a headphone,one time i did it to not ask me and now i need it because i set it on headphones... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Marin_560, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Marin_560 Win User

audio jack popup

I had an popup everytime when i plugged in a microphone or a headphone,one time i did it to not ask me and now i need it because i set it on headphones and now i need a microphone,how can i?

:)

Marin_560, Nov 13, 2019

2. audio jack popup

i have a question by mistake i turned off the popup dialog for when u plug something in to your audio jack and i was wondering how do i tun it back on for windows 10

peytonsummerfield, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    audio jack problems

Hi,

Windows allows disabling of a certain port if you want to or if you need to. To disable a headphone or speaker audio jack, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Playback devices.
    • Right-click on the playback device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

To disable a microphone jack:

• Right-click the Sound or Volume icon on the lower-left side of your screen.
    • Select Recording devices.
    • Right-click on the recording device that you want to disable and click
      Disable

Also, we recommend taking your PC to a technician for the removal of the audio jack that is stuck so that, you'll be able to use the port again.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Nov 13, 2019
  4. Calvin D Win User

audio jack popup

Computer's Audio Jacks Stopped Working

The audio jacks stopped working and it is not a hardware problem.

1. Multiple headsets do not get audio output from both of the audio jacks on the computer and the headsets are confirmed to be working, so it's the computer's problem.
    2. The audio output through a DisplayPort monitor's audio jack and monitors' speakers still work, so the computer can still produce audio. The monitor's audio jack is not an option.
    3. Both audio jacks stopped working at the same time despite only one being in use, so it's not hardware.
    What is the problem and what is the solution?

Calvin D, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

audio jack popup

1. audio jack popup - Similar Threads - audio jack popup

2. Re-Enable Audio Jack Popup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Re-Enable Audio Jack Popup: I have a Dell G15 5510 with windows 10, usually when I plug a device into the audio jack, a popup appears and lets me select whether it is a speaker or headphones. Recently this popup has stopped showing up. And when I plug in my speaker, the option for Headphones RealtekR...
  3. Re-Enable Audio Jack Popup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Re-Enable Audio Jack Popup: I have a Dell G15 5510 with windows 10, usually when I plug a device into the audio jack, a popup appears and lets me select whether it is a speaker or headphones. Recently this popup has stopped showing up. And when I plug in my speaker, the option for Headphones RealtekR...
  4. Re-Enable Audio Jack Popup

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Jack popup not showing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Jack popup not showing?: I have checked every other ansewer, yet I have gotten no ability of it working, I checked my control panel, I cannot even find REALTek on it, tried right clicking the sound icon on my tray, no properties button, tried using task manager enabling it on start, I still can't pop...
  6. Jack popup not showing?

Jack popup not showing?: I have checked every other ansewer, yet I have gotten no ability of it working, I checked my control panel, I cannot even find REALTek on it, tried right clicking the sound icon on my tray, no properties button, tried using task manager enabling it on start, I still can't pop...
  7. Jack popup not showing?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?: How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-a-popup-when-device-is-plugged-in-audio/ad966e6d-7ff4-4b91-9297-2f861a91c0db
  9. How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?

How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack?: How to get a popup when device is plugged in audio jack? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-a-popup-when-device-is-plugged-in-audio/ad966e6d-7ff4-4b91-9297-2f861a91c0db
  10. i need help with audio jack popup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i need help with audio jack popup: [ATTACH] ok i had to take my pc to the shop to get it fixed and the guy said he had to format it whatever everything works now, except before i formatted the pc when i plugged in my microphone or my headphones i get asked what device is this from realtek audio manager, but...