Windows 10: Audio jack seems not detect my headphone

Discus and support Audio jack seems not detect my headphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a windows 10 laptop and up until yesterday everything was fine , and suddenly it seems that my audio jack doesn;t detect my headphone. I connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tarkijowow, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Audio jack seems not detect my headphone

I have a windows 10 laptop and up until yesterday everything was fine , and suddenly it seems that my audio jack doesn;t detect my headphone. I connect my headphone to the audio jack, but the sounds just came out my laptop's speaker. I've tried to switch to my earphone and the result is the same. I've tried several solutions like uninstalling my driver or trying to get to the sounds properties , but the results are the same. Please give me your help , and btw I'm new here.

:)

tarkijowow, Sep 23, 2016

2. Rear audio jack is very quiet with headphones plugged in

My front audio jack broke so now I'm trying to use my rear audio jack to plug my headphones into. Windows is detecting the headset as
    Speakers "High Definition Audio Device" and it is set to the default device. I've gone through everything the windows troubleshooter has recommended and all that's on the Microsoft website about fixing audio. I believe that the problem is that
    Windows is detecting my headphones as speaker. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

Michael_886, Sep 23, 2016
  3. Smouse Win User
    Windows 10, no sound through laptop speakers after upgrade, headphones working.

i upgraded to Win 10 today, and it seems great so far, but my Asus n55s laptops on-board speaks aren't playing any sound, the headphone jack works fine and I can hear sound through headphones, but when they're unplugged nothing changes, it seems like the
    computer isn't detecting that there's an internal speaker at all, it was working fine before the upgrade.

The soundcard is a Realtek, and in audio devices it shows speakers as active and default, the green bar is jumping around.

again it seems like windows 10 can't detect the internal speaker, and just defaults to route all sound output to the headphone jack.

Smouse, Sep 23, 2016
  4. fireberd Win User

Audio jack seems not detect my headphone

With what you stated you've tried, it could be an internal connection problem. Many Laptops have a small I/O board that is connected via a cable to the main board. If yours is this type, it may require "reseating" (unplug then plug back in) the connector.

fireberd, Sep 23, 2016
  5. You mean unplug and plug back the headphones? I've done that several times

tarkijowow, Sep 23, 2016
  6. fireberd Win User
    No, internally - if yours has this. Check the PC vendor's site for any maintenance manuals that detail the inside components to try and determine if that is what you have.

The connection, if there is one, is one possibility. You say you uninstalled the sound driver. Did you just uninstall it and then reinstall? If you did the same problem can still be there. You have to uninstall, in the Device Manager. You have two options, uninstall the device only or also uninstall the sound drivers. Either way, you need to restart the PC. If you just uninstall the device only and restart, Windows will use the same sound driver. However, if you uninstall both, usually when the PC is restarted it will install the generic, basic function, High Definition Audio driver. You could try this and see if the headphone works with the High Definition driver. If it does, then download and install the correct hardware sound driver.

fireberd, Sep 23, 2016
  7. I've uninstall and delete my Realtek HD driver and now the driver installed is High Devinition Driver , but the problem is still there

tarkijowow, Sep 23, 2016
  8. fireberd Win User

I would say its a hardware problem. Either the jack itself or the connection to the motherboard. If this is still in warranty contact the vendor for warranty repair.

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Audio jack seems not detect my headphone - Similar Threads - Audio jack seems

2. laptop not detecting headphone jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop not detecting headphone jack: I am plugging my earphone and headphone jack in laptop it was working fine, but one day it is not detecting the headphone. Earlier whenever I used to plus my headphone jack, there used a notification from 'realtec audio consol' but now it stopped detecting the headphone and...
  3. laptop not detecting headphone jack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    laptop not detecting headphone jack: I am plugging my earphone and headphone jack in laptop it was working fine, but one day it is not detecting the headphone. Earlier whenever I used to plus my headphone jack, there used a notification from 'realtec audio consol' but now it stopped detecting the headphone and...
  4. Headphone jack not detected.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphone jack not detected.: My PC froze, i restarted, and the audio port was no longer being detected. Formated, fresh install, still no headphone jack detection tested multiple headphones and headsets bluetooth works fine but i need wired connection.Tried to run the troubleshoot program but it needs to...
  5. Audio jack not working. The audio jack seems to detect when I plug in my earbuds, but the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio jack not working. The audio jack seems to detect when I plug in my earbuds, but the...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/gustemow [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iu61zb/audio_jack_not_working_the_audio_jack_seems_to/
  6. Audio Jack Detecting Headphones But No Sound Playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Jack Detecting Headphones But No Sound Playing: Hi, my audio jack stopped working. My speakers work fine, it's just any device plugged into the audio jack. I've checked in Sounds and it detects my headphones, but when I try to test it no sound is audible but the computer shows it's playing, just a faint click. I've...
  7. Audio jack doesnt detect my headphones?

Audio jack doesnt detect my headphones?: I mainly use Bluetooth headphones or headphones that go into a usb port and it works perfectly . But I got a new pair of headphones and when I try to plug them into the audio jack in the front and back it does not work these headphones also have a audio plugin for a...
  8. Headphone jack not detecting headphones

Headphone jack not detecting headphones: I know, you must be thinking: another one of these posts? But I swear, none of the other posts have helped me any way. After upgrading to windows 10, my headphone jack stopped working and wont detect my headphones. My microphone jack still works. I've tried multiple things...
  9. Headphone jack not detecting headphones, USB headphones work.

Headphone jack not detecting headphones, USB headphones work.: So I've been scattering around trying to find out why my headphones haven't been working. It seems the headphone jack has just suddenly stopped detecting headphones that are plugged in. The issue started on Friday and I've only just noticed that the problem is the jack....
  10. Audio jack not detecting headphones

in Cortana
    Audio jack not detecting headphones: So my headphones work fine i plugged them into my other pc and they worked. i've had this computer for about 4 months, it's never had this problem, i unplugged it to use in my other pc, but then when i plugged it back in it didn't show up as an audio device, i tried...